GK in semi final

NorthUistBear

Matt Gilks has played in every game in the League Cup so far and has not conceded a goal yet. 2 questions 

Wes or Gilks

1. Who would you choose? And why?

2. Who will Warbs choose?

i would stick with Gilks just for the reason he has played well and should continue as our 'cup keeper'

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found it:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14669830.Matt_Gilks__I_need_to_make_the_most_of_cup_outings_to_give_me_the_edge_in_battle_for_Rangers_No_1_jersey/&ved=0ahUKEwjNgfXAwMHPAhXBcRQKHWkgCBIQFgglMAQ&usg=AFQjCNFG2HxMG_xS5P93Pb_-_MUHSev8wA&sig2=eutbRoKcIJ8d4CsV2G7C7g

"I’ve been led to believe that (I will play the cup games) is what is going to happen.

“It’s difficult when you have good goalies at the football club because if one is playing the other one is not going to get games.

“The cup competition gives you the chance to throw the other goalie in and give him competitive games to see what he can do.

“Getting games in friendlies is just not the same thing. This is a good way of looking at both your goalkeepers.”

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Found it:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14669830.Matt_Gilks__I_need_to_make_the_most_of_cup_outings_to_give_me_the_edge_in_battle_for_Rangers_No_1_jersey/&ved=0ahUKEwjNgfXAwMHPAhXBcRQKHWkgCBIQFgglMAQ&usg=AFQjCNFG2HxMG_xS5P93Pb_-_MUHSev8wA&sig2=eutbRoKcIJ8d4CsV2G7C7g

"I’ve been led to believe that (I will play the cup games) is what is going to happen.

“It’s difficult when you have good goalies at the football club because if one is playing the other one is not going to get games.

“The cup competition gives you the chance to throw the other goalie in and give him competitive games to see what he can do.

“Getting games in friendlies is just not the same thing. This is a good way of looking at both your goalkeepers.”

Sorry, I wasn't saying he won't play, just that I think it would be Foderingham. I would say the benefits of winning this match could be huge, and so I thought we might use our best 11.(tu)

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Sorry, I wasn't saying he won't play, just that I think it would be Foderingham. I would say the benefits of winning this match could be huge, and so I thought we might use our best 11.(tu)

It really could go either way. Wes as the man in the normal starting 11, Gilks as the one who had been cup comp nominated goalie according to him.

I'm really not that fussed, don't think there's much between them. Do think it is a slap in face for Gilks if he has had a guarantee of sorts.

It's a decent topic but probably the position causing least concern at the moment ?

For those saying Wes is the better keeper, what is that based on because from what I have seen from both of them so far I would say Gilks is more than capable from what I have gathered. Gilks seems a lot better at commanding the area, better with the ball at his feet and has quicker distribution than Wes, dont really know what his shot stopping is like but I am sure we will find out. Wes doesn't have very good accuracy with his passing at all tbh and takes an age to pick someone out to set us on the counter. Both are decent keepers but as of now I wouldn't say one is better than the other!

Just now, VladimirWeiss69 said:

For those saying Wes is the better keeper, what is that based on because from what I have seen from both of them so far I would say Gilks is more than capable from what I have gathered. Gilks seems a lot better at commanding the area, better with the ball at his feet and has quicker distribution than Wes, dont really know what his shot stopping is like but I am sure we will find out. Wes doesn't have very good accuracy with his passing at all tbh and takes an age to pick someone out to set us on the counter. Both are decent keepers but as of now I wouldn't say one is better than the other!

Foderingham has made some very important saves, the kind that are akin to us scoring a goal at times; and he did so in the last match. That is not taking away anything from Gilks, but Foderingham has been one of our best players, never mind our best goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Gilks.

He gets cup games.

If wes gets the nod it shows MWs talk about trusting and believing in his squad to be bull.

Play Gilks and lose he will get slaughtered for not playing his first choice keeper, be a meltdown on here.