Things need to change...

SuperAli

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

It's a ballot and you get lucky or don't  (I didnt) but it's the way it's always been. 

Last year was pathetic folk who got lucky for the semi were then put on the back burner to accommodate those who weren't lucky when it came to the final.

And some didn't get any tickets for either game. Feck knows how that works out. While the ticket allocation system needs looked at the op cannot expect tickets for every game. Every cccs member deserves to be in with a chance of getting tickets therefore you got to expect to miss out sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Supply and demand. 

I see often "something has to be done" but is there any specific solutions mooted that are are fairer than the ballot system? 

What about rewarding those who tick every box - home and away cup, away league, friendlies etc by guaranteeing them a ticket and balloting the rest to those who tick home and semis/ finals. Those who want to follow week in week out wherever we are playing will be the ones guaranteed a ticket then. Just an idea 

I got a ticket thankfully but I've had a season ticket with every box ticked for 12 years so id be pretty pissed off if I didn't. 

Simple way to fix it is similar to the travel club info remember correctly. 

If you have a season ticket n tick cccs you get 1 point for that season. 

Say for a maximum of 7 points (aka u need a season ticket for 7 years with cccs to get 7 points) 

When games like this come around everyone with say 7 6 5 4 points or whatever fills the allocation all get tickets and if there's not  enough for all with 3 points to get a ticket then they ballot 3 points only. 2 and 1 miss out but know that if they keep loyal they will be rewarded in future. 

Somethingsimilar for General away games also. Would be easy to Install andwill already have the last few years on system

*when I say fill the allocation I mean only the cccs allocation , RSC should always be looked after

Thank you for your email.

The ballot was processed in the following manner:-

We only balloted season ticket holders who met both of the following criteria;

·         Enrolled in ‘Priority semi-finals & finals’

·         Supporter has all 4 league cup games paid for on their file;

o   Annan Athletic

o   Stranraer

o   Peterhead

o   Queen of the South.

To this end, 18,068 supporters had this requirement met, whereas the allocation of tickets only allowed for 16,451 tickets to be distributed to season ticket holders.

As demand outstripped supply, as per the terms of that continuous credit card scheme, we required to ballot the tickets & unfortunatley

There is a high demand for OF tickets, the club's could just decide to sell them at 80 quid a go that way many wouldn't be able to afford tickets and there'd be less folk complaining about not getting one. The current system is the only fair one and 99% of those complaining are only complaining because they were unlucky.  That's all it is, luck, if you didn't get one its not unfair it's just bad luck. 

Imo ST holders on cccs have made the biggest commitment to the Club so deserve priority 

21 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The irony is these people will have 50 inch slimline HD 3D TVs  worth thousands of pounds whilst supporters like you spent thousands on actually going to games!

Your right, maybe they will let me borrow it for the Game, :(

15 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

Hi bud if you were on the cccs last season then you would have been guaranteed a taig ticket last season. 

Ye we were and got none, same for the folk sat next to us, we got tickets for the Cup final but not the Semi final .

At the end of the day that's the way the cookie crumbles.  There are threads every time we're play celtic and only when we play celtic and it's people saying the exact same thing with one sob story or another

You are a season ticket holder like everyone else. In your (and my brothers) mind you are an uber fan due priviledges. You and me who kept going through the bad times have no right to anything more than others. I am different in that I was there through the latest (but not the first) trauma we have been through and now have given my ST to my cousin as I am now involved in an amateur team. Sh!t happens. At some point I will be back full time.

The real problem is the SFA having a shitty little capacity national stadium.

They should have built a bigger capacity stadium when they modernised it.

Every time it comes to semi finals and finals there are never enough tickets.

Depends on who might be in the semis mind you. The not so many tickets are needed.

But finals, never enough no matter who is playing in the major finals.

13 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

And some didn't get any tickets for either game. Feck knows how that works out. While the ticket allocation system needs looked at the op cannot expect tickets for every game. Every cccs member deserves to be in with a chance of getting tickets therefore you got to expect to miss out sometimes.

Im guessing you weren't on cccs last season then? As every person on cccs last season for cup games and semi finals and finals was allocated a ticket for last years semi final and final 

13 hours ago, RFC16 said:

Thank you for your email.

The ballot was processed in the following manner:-

We only balloted season ticket holders who met both of the following criteria;

·         Enrolled in ‘Priority semi-finals & finals’

·         Supporter has all 4 league cup games paid for on their file;

o   Annan Athletic

o   Stranraer

o   Peterhead

o   Queen of the South.

To this end, 18,068 supporters had this requirement met, whereas the allocation of tickets only allowed for 16,451 tickets to be distributed to season ticket holders.

As demand outstripped supply, as per the terms of that continuous credit card scheme, we required to ballot the tickets & unfortunatley

Having read this @SuperAli , how else would you have done the draw. 

Looking at it I think this is the fairest way.

as others have alluded to if you used years of history then how do our young fans ever get to a semi or a final.