Things need to change...

SuperAli

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Rangers for rewarding my loyalty over the years. My parents have had their season tickets 30+years and been on CCCS since the beginning of the scheme. I'm 22 years old and have had a season ticket for 15+ years and for that time have been on the CCCS. Today we found out that we have not been allocated tickets for the semi-final. Loyalty obviously means absolutely nothing to our Club.

I'm really glad the boycotters and so-called 'fans' who didn't renew their season tickets for the last 4 years have been allocated tickets. Really well-deserved.

Sarcasm aside, I can't see things being changed, because the status quo obviously suits those who shan't be named but are the usual suspects. I shall be complaining to Club 1872 (not that I expect anything to be done about it) and I urge people in a similar position to myself to do the same. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no rewarding loyalty at our club.The whole ticketing office  systems are a disgrace.Its not hard in this day and age to keep track of who has purchased tickets for previous games and reward that loyalty.As a club we are just not interested.As you mentioned the usual subjects will get tickets no matter what.I genuinely feel for fans in your situation.It feels like a complete slap in the face.Still awaiting the promised overhaul of ticketing but like so many promises seems just to have been hollow words.

26 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Rangers for rewarding my loyalty over the years. My parents have had their season tickets 30+years and been on CCCS since the beginning of the scheme. I'm 22 years old and have had a season ticket for 15+ years and for that time have been on the CCCS. Today we found out that we have not been allocated tickets for the semi-final. Loyalty obviously means absolutely nothing to our Club.

I'm really glad the boycotters and so-called 'fans' who didn't renew their season tickets for the last 4 years have been allocated tickets. Really well-deserved.

Sarcasm aside, I can't see things being changed, because the status quo obviously suits those who shan't be named but are the usual suspects. I shall be complaining to Club 1872 (not that I expect anything to be done about it) and I urge people in a similar position to myself to do the same. 

C1872 should be able to put your complaint forward to the board, after all their remit is to communicate the feelings of the fans and to hold the board to account.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

C1872 should be able to put your complaint forward to the board, after all their remit is to communicate the feelings of the fans and to hold the board to account.

Just sent this...

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am emailing you today to make you aware of a situation that I and others have found ourselves in regarding the League Cup semi-final ticket allocation. My parents have had their season tickets for 30+years (when season tickets were first introduced to the Copland Rear) and have been on the CCCS since the beginning of the scheme. I am 22 years old and have had a season ticket for 15+ years and for that time have also been on the CCCS. Today we found out that not one of us has been allocated a ticket for the semi-final. It saddens me that the 'boycotters' and so-called 'fans' who did not renew their season tickets for the last 4 years, when we were relegated out of the premiership, have been allocated tickets. This really does highlight the fact that loyalty obviously means absolutely nothing to our Club. An issue which does need to be addressed urgently.

The fact that tickets are allocated via a random ballot and not through past loyalty is disgraceful. Are Club 1872 aware of this problem and the discontent about this amongst the fans? Are Club 1872 in agreement with myself and others that loyalty should be awarded not discouraged? Are Club 1872 willing to address this problem and converse with the Club to implement a loyalty-based system for ticket allocation? 

I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely, 

Agree but what's equally bad is that there's no set strategy at all, it seems to chop and change to suit them.

Complete ballot, not in ballot for second game if successful in previous ballot, favoured if not missed previous cup games, kids get one but parents dont......... who knows what the criteria is.

It's just amateurish.

I have a season ticket but I am not on the CCCS and i do understand your disappointed but if there are more people on the CCCS than there are tickets then they can't just give the people who have been on it for years. say they have 22000 fans on the CCCS and 15000 were loyal and had season tickets for the last 10 years and they get tickets for every semi final and final what would be the point of the other 7000 being on the CCCS and when do they become loyal enough to deserve a ticket. The ballot in my eyes is the only fair way and there are always going to be people disappointed 

Disgraceful. I had the same argument when I wasn't allocated a challenge cup semi ticket against Alloa 2seasons ago. I sent off an email to Edward Wong at the ticket office asking for the numbers on CCCS etc.. He replied pretty quickly with the information. It's probably worth a shot. There shouldn't be any ballots until the CCCS are sorted.

I just think that ST holders who go to all the cup games should be given priority. 

If these supporters miss out on semi-final tickets regardless of who we are playing then it's only right they have first dabs on the final. 

Is there any other way of doing it due the numbers involved as I'm sure due to the draw most want the semi-final rather than a final ticket?

51 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

Couple of points Ali , did you pay for the 4 home games in this competition this year? 

Point 2. How are you aware that the folk allocated tickets were boycotters from before.

my mate who travels to most games also like yourself didn't receive tickets which I thought was unfair. 

1 minute ago, kplfishtank said:

Couple of points Ali , did you pay for the 4 home games in this competition this year? 

Point 2. How are you aware that the folk allocated tickets were boycotters from before.

my mate who travels to most games also like yourself didn't receive tickets which I thought was unfair. 

KPL... not missed one payment ever. Been to all the home games for all competitions (despite my dad being very seriously ill).  Well on this forum it has been highlighted that two very high profile boycotters have been allocated tickets...

I kinda get where SA is coming from to a degree however it's a ballot for a reason u get some u lose some, the way the post comes across u would assume that u think u ur mum and dad all deserve tickets just because you've had ST 30 plus Years. U could go on and complain and 3 poor bears could lose out. 

1 hour ago, SuperAli said:

So just to be clear - things need to change because you didn't get what you wanted?

Any other things that need to change, or only the things that affect you? :P

1 hour ago, SuperAli said:

Well said young LADY despite what anybody says its disgusting, there's no defending it, somebody is now manipulating the tickets to go wherever they want them too, mind you there's always been that happening but this is blatant. The ticket office have a lot to answer for, every tom, Dick, harry and johnny come lately are going to get tickets before fans who are Loyal to the Club, well said Young yin !??:sherlock:

It's shite when you don't get in a ballot but this is getting tedious. Happened last year and now this year. 

We will end up with the ridiculous shit if we beat the papes that those unsuccessful in this one  (me) would get the final. That's absolutely bullshit.

It's a ballot and you get lucky or don't  (I didnt) but it's the way it's always been. 

Last year was pathetic folk who got lucky for the semi were then put on the back burner to accommodate those who weren't lucky when it came to the final.

27 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

I told you I got sorted, cheers though :pipe:

8 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Well said young man despite what anybody says its disgusting, there's no defending it, somebody is now manipulating the tickets to go wherever they want them too, mind you there's always been that happening but this is blatant. The ticket office have a lot to answer for, every tom, Dick, harry and johnny come lately are going to get tickets before fans who are Loyal to the Club, well said Young yin !??:sherlock:

:lol: 

I agree with the OP. I've already emailed the ticket office this season as the only league game I've had this year so far is the taigs. That's all well and good for the big time cunts but pish for the likes of sheep and Inverness where tickets are harder to come by.

There should have been a loyalty system in place as soon as we were reborn into the New Rangers, this would have solved all the problems. 

Side note, I did get one for the semi however can completely understand where OP is coming from. 

Basically the only tickets I've had so far this year from Rangers themselves are Motherwell, Taigs x2.

24 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

KPL... not missed one payment ever. Been to all the home games for all competitions (despite my dad being very seriously ill).  Well on this forum it has been highlighted that two very high profile boycotters have been allocated tickets...

Can you name them? 

How is the auld yin by the way? On the mend I hope. 

26 minutes ago, SuperAli said:

Hope your old boy is on the mend Ali (tu)

3 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

In the same boat,  been on the cccs since it began and don't appear to have a ticket. I say don't appear to have one as I've spent all day trying to phone and email with no luck with either. Extremely pissed off.

The ticket office are hard work.

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's shite when you don't get in a ballot but this is getting tedious. Happened last year and now this year. 

We will end up with the ridiculous shit if we beat the papes that those unsuccessful in this one  (me) would get the final. That's absolutely bullshit.

It's a ballot and you get lucky or don't  (I didnt) but it's the way it's always been. 

Last year was pathetic folk who got lucky for the semi were then put on the back burner to accommodate those who weren't lucky when it came to the final.

Couldn't agree more with this.