Condition of your ST smart card

Rambo1872

Just out of curiousity, how is everyones smartcard holding up? Mines is starting to fade, the numbers and name printed on it are rubbing away and it could be doing with being replaced. Is there a charge for replacing the smart card? I see it says on the back you wont be issued a new one if you lose it but surely when its fucked its time they replaced it free of charge?

Mine is in decent condition still but I know from pals that they charge a fiver for a new one, although when they've lsot them they've waived the charge (Don't know if it depends how long it's been) I'd expect more likely to charge if the card is still working and you just want a nice new one

6 minutes ago, bluegecko said:

How long you had it? Mine is still looking great after 3yrs when I moved seat

2 year iv had this one, its no totally fucked but surely they should be replacing them after a few year if all the writings scrubbed off? You dont get charged for a card when you sign up for a new ST so why should you get charged if you had it a few year and the cards peeling at corners and writing coming off. Rip off rangers at it again.

4 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

2 year iv had this one, its no totally fucked but surely they should be replacing them after a few year if all the writings scrubbed off? You dont get charged for a card when you sign up for a new ST so why should you get charged if you had it a few year and the cards peeling at corners and writing coming off. Rip off rangers at it again.

It's a fiver ya tight cunt 

I've had the same one since they started issuing them. I never take it out the ST wallet I bought. Works perfect every time swiping inside the wallet. Speaking of which, what is it with people waving it about in front of the scanner ? Just hold it steady FFS ?

59 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Just out of curiousity, how is everyones smartcard holding up? Mines is starting to fade, the numbers and name printed on it are rubbing away and it could be doing with being replaced. Is there a charge for replacing the smart card? I see it says on the back you wont be issued a new one if you lose it but surely when its fucked its time they replaced it free of charge?

I've heard if you get it replaced you miss out on the next ballot.

T.O. "make it up as they go along" criteria no472.