Pedro Mendes v Inverness

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

If I'm remembering it right, the tims beat us at Ibrox the week before this game and put themselves quite a bit ahead of us in the league table. We won comfortably against Inverness early on the Saturday and the scum threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Dundee Utd a few hours later. We went from strength to strength from then onwards as the tims' bottle crashed yet again. Pretty sure we only dropped about another 4 points for the rest of the season.

We were still fairly inconsistent after that got beat by Inverness at home I remember 

Was after boozgate we went on a big run 

11 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We were still fairly inconsistent after that got beat by Inverness at home I remember 

Ah right enough. Was that wee cunt Black that scored was it not?

The team we have today and I'm sorry to say this is no where near the quality we had then, for all the nice pretty football we play "easy on the eye stuff" we are powder puff IMO, obviously we all know the reasons we are where we are at this moment in time, hopefully we can get that quality but it's going to take time. Walter smith was a winner and knew how to build a winning team also had money to spend, I'm a fan of marks but Iv still to see that winning mentality from our team, Watchen these clips just brings it back.

8 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Remember thinking the league was done when Inverness beat us at ibrox with a last minute penalty 

I remember that goal well, but not the match itself.

Mendes was a cracking player; classy and elegant, but could put the boot in when necessary. His goal against the Tims was breathtaking, easily in my top five ever Rangers goals, and his role in securing the title that season cannot be underestimated.

I remember being at Rugby Park that afternoon he was sent-off in a 0-0 draw.

33 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I remember that goal well, but not the match itself.

Mendes was a cracking player; classy and elegant, but could put the boot in when necessary. His goal against the Tims was breathtaking, easily in my top five ever Rangers goals, and his role in securing the title that season cannot be underestimated.

I remember being at Rugby Park that afternoon he was sent-off in a 0-0 draw.

Hmm, I thought he came off with a groin injury. Remember that game vaguely and recall taig Conor sammon arguing with Walter because he was trying to get someone sent off