Do you ever forget (to remember) how good some players were?

Just watched a video on here a few minutes ago of Robert Fleck.  Okay, I watched it twice ......... and may watch it again.  Sometimes we older bears (maybe younger ones too) forget how good some players were especially if we live overseas.  Maybe that's happened to you too.  That's why it's great to see old footage from the past.  Great to see Cooper linking up well with Fleck for some good goals.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got that slipknot song in my head now. Thats not a good thing. I want to forget to remember that.

Bur what if you remember to forget? Will you forget that you remembered? And who will remind me to remember to forget? I'll have forgotten by that point. Which reminds me. This is how you remind me. Ah dammit, nickelback!

10 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Just watched a video on here a few minutes ago of Robert Fleck.  Okay, I watched it twice ......... and may watch it again.  Sometimes we older bears (maybe younger ones too) forget how good some players were especially if we live overseas.  Maybe that's happened to you too.  That's why it's great to see old footage from the past.  Great to see Cooper linking up well with Fleck for some good goals.

When i watch the current team over the last few years i feel sorry for the young supporters who never got to watch all the real talented players we once had. 

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

When i watch the current team over the last few years i feel sorry for the young supporters who never got to watch all the real talented players we once had. 

100%, Imagine growing up and your heroes are Waggy & Tav :power_of_anguish:

3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

That's a pathetic thing to say  :power_of_anguish:

Its true, I feel sorry for the youngsters. If you ask someone in another 20 years who the greatest players to play for Rangers were none of the players from the journey will be mentioned, yes Wallace has been there for the journey but that doesn't mean he was a great player.

LiviGer said: 

Its true, I feel sorry for the youngsters. If you ask someone in another 20 years who the greatest players to play for Rangers were none of the players from the journey will be mentioned, yes Wallace has been there for the journey but that doesn't mean he was a great player.

Why would you want to gloat about your experience of watching Rangers over the kids of today? Your experience is irrelevant to a young boy or girl who's going to their first matches to watch their team this season. Kids want to have heroes, put up posters on their bedroom walls and get excited about seeing their favourite players on the pitch. Feeling sorry for them just because you saw Cooper, McCoist, Gazza, Laudrup, Stein, Henderson, Baxter or whoever is pretty pathetic and, as I said, irrelevant. Today's heroes are your Waghorns, Wallaces and Tavs, whether you like it or not.  

34 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

My heroes growing up were Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Mols etc. Doesn't mean they were the greatest players to play for Rangers.

Some folk really have a fantastic attitude. "Can I come to see the Rangers with you Dad?" 

"I wouldn't bother son it's nothing like it used to be"

If folk want to compare our greats or even our current players with modern day stars then go ahead but at the end of the day over our history we've had some of the greatest talents to ever play the game. 

And the blame for Scotland downfall lies with he SFA. It's nothing to do with Rangers, Rangers have always refused to let the rest of Scottish Football hold us back so folk need an attitude adjustment.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

My heroes growing up were Ferguson, Lovenkrands, Mols etc. Doesn't mean they were the greatest players to play for Rangers.

Spot on!

I've seen some great players over the years but as a teenager my favourite players were the likes of Alec Cleland, Ian Ferguson, Alan McLaren, Erik Bó Andersen and Pieter Huistra. No exactly Balloon D'or winners and not even near being the best players in the side but kids don't think like that. 

3 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Spot on!

I've seen some great players over the years but as a teenager my favourite players were the likes of Alec Cleland, Ian Ferguson, Alan McLaren, Erik Bó Andersen and Pieter Huistra. No exactly Balloon D'or winners and not even near being the best players in the side but kids don't think like that. 

Pieter Huistra,great player, really under rated and an absolute gentleman as well