Peter Martin or 'Maguire'

Gaz52

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair .Plenty of bears ,maybe even yourself were saying exactly the same things a year after Ally took over the Managers job .

It will always be the way

Ally got until the first January transfer window after being demoted.

And he fucked it. Against part timers. With a squad of experienced pros.

The current manager has been left to undo that damage to the footballing structure whilst being expected to maintain our tradition of winning every week with resources that amount to the scraps left by arseholes, from McCoist to Green, from top to bottom.

The guy deserves a chance.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Peter Martin/Maguire is occasionally on Talksport and comes across as being fairly reasonable enough to me, but I don't trust any of the tarriers in the media. I'm always waiting for them to stick the knife in.

A tarrier is a tarrier. Never forget it.:ulster:

16 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Ally got until the first January transfer window after being demoted.

And he fucked it. Against part timers. With a squad of experienced pros.

The current manager has been left to undo that damage to the footballing structure whilst being expected to maintain our tradition of winning every week with resources that amount to the scraps left by arseholes, from McCoist to Green, from top to bottom.

The guy deserves a chance.

I don't dispute that mate . He deserves longer but he is not exempt from criticism surely ??

Big matches record on it's own is a disgrace .

V Falkirk twice away losses

V Hivs twice away losses

V Hivs SC final shame

V Beggars Humiliation

V sheep recently .For me ,the worst along with Final .

Yes I agree ,he needs to end of the season ,maybe another but I'm not going to knock anyone who disagrees with me

4 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Yeah, after he was in charge for 2 years and had a chance to fail.

Some of the posts about our manager are fucken cringeworthy

Since the semi final win tell me what you have seen to merit the manager and where we are heading?

Trust me i take no pleasure in this and hope i am sincerely proved wrong but as the season progresses i see the odd win against  the minors and the continued losses against the teams that matter.

Think McAvennie is a creep.

One of those who'll pretend to be resonable in the media but is actaully a bitter lying bastard away from public eye.

There' a YouTube video of him singing IRA songs and there's also one where he's with Hartson (who is actaully trying to be reasonable when talking about us) and McAvennie keeps jumping in, playing to the gallery by saying we're shite and we've no players.

He's a snake.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't dispute that mate . He deserves longer but he is not exempt from criticism surely ??

Big matches record on it's own is a disgrace .

V Falkirk twice away losses

V Hivs twice away losses

V Hivs SC final shame

V Beggars Humiliation

V sheep recently .For me ,the worst along with Final .

Yes I agree ,he needs to end of the season ,maybe another but I'm not going to knock anyone who disagrees with me

He's not exempt from criticism at all but the mental gymnastics employed on a weekly basis to justify having a go at the guy over the pettiest things is getting beyond a joke.

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

Since the semi final win tell me what you have seen to merit the manager and where we are heading?

Trust me i take no pleasure in this and hope i am sincerely proved wrong but as the season progresses i see the odd win against  the minors and the continued losses against the teams that matter.

What were you expecting to see? He had a group of players most of whom regardless of age had hardly kicked a ball until they came to Rangers in the summer. A small squad who had ran out of steam in my opinion and used up what they had left to give us easily the best performance of a Rangers side against them in a good long while. Maybe since the 4-2 game at the midden?

Pre-season was a cluster fuck as far as new signings were concerned, ably assisted by the SFA and their retarded cup format. He went after 4 CBs that we know of and I've been told we reached out to 2 or 3 more and were rebuffed straight away. The defensive issues were not ignored as some claim (another bullshit stick used to beat the man), he attempted to address them.

Its a massive project for any manager even with funds in place to go out and buy or sign 10 players who are already the finished article, never mind a manager with the balls to try and take a squad of 20 odd players and try and mould them into a team and individuals that have what it takes to put us at the top. The truth is you're never going to find out if it will work unless its given time. I pointed this out in other threads, we haven't spent massive amounts on transfers and most of the players we've brought in are demonstrably better than when we signed them, so a new manager next summer wont struggle to get shot of them and he won't be in a position where we have no money for him to buy his own players. We've taken a gamble with Warburton and I think its obvious that the pay-off far, far, far outweighs the potential losses.

6 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Yeah, after he was in charge for 2 years and had a chance to fail.

Some of the posts about our manager are fucken cringeworthy

Worst start to a season in 27 years, 12 points out of a possible 24, 3 (maybe 4) league wins since March, a defence that has been fucking shit since the very first competitive match in charge (in the Championship) with seemingly no improvement upon it despite Stevie Wonder seeing it's absolutely fucking honking, no Plan B despite Plan A obviously being fucking shit in the top division, spunking £2.5 million on forwards that can't get a game yet leaving a defence filled with shite freebies, never actually spending time examining opponents because it's "all about us" even though the opponents are clearly examining and spanking us because we're not adapting, arrogance beyond belief that we're playing well with a system that doesn't work because you're too proud to admit you've made a mistake spouting shite about only playing one way, SDW admitting that you're not defensive enough, ex players saying you don't practice defence or corners, insistence on playing fucking Kiernan even though he's been repeatedly shite to the point of embarrassing.

Yeah, some posts are cringeworthy, and they're the deluded posts supporting our absolute nugget of a manager who will never win us the SPL because of his blind refusal to admit he's wrong about his system, methods and Kiernan. 

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Yeah, some posts are cringeworthy, and they're the deluded posts supporting our absolute nugget of a manager who will never win us the SPL because of his blind refusal to admit he's wrong about his system, methods and Kiernan. 

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

9 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Worst start to a season in 27 years, 12 points out of a possible 24, 3 (maybe 4) league wins since March, a defence that has been fucking shit since the very first competitive match in charge (in the Championship) with seemingly no improvement upon it despite Stevie Wonder seeing it's absolutely fucking honking, no Plan B despite Plan A obviously being fucking shit in the top division, spunking £2.5 million on forwards that can't get a game yet leaving a defence filled with shite freebies, never actually spending time examining opponents because it's "all about us" even though the opponents are clearly examining and spanking us because we're not adapting, arrogance beyond belief that we're playing well with a system that doesn't work because you're too proud to admit you've made a mistake spouting shite about only playing one way, SDW admitting that you're not defensive enough, ex players saying you don't practice defence or corners, insistence on playing fucking Kiernan even though he's been repeatedly shite to the point of embarrassing.

Tried to sign 6 CB's and got knocked back for 4 of them.

Are we now blaming MW for our lack of financial clout and the reputation of Scottish Football?

Walter's last 2 season I was on here and half the place, some of the same posters, wanted him sacked for being a dinosaur, playing his favourites and signing numpties

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Tried to sign 6 CB's and got knocked back for 4 of them.

Are we now blaming MW for our lack if financial clout and the reputation of Scottish Football?

Walter's last 2 season I was on here and half the place, some of the same posters, wanted him sacked for being a dinosaur, playing his favourites and signing numpties

I could be the manager and claim I tried to sign Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo and Neymar, then bleat on it's not my fault that we didn't sign anyone decent. It's obviously his fault for not picking realistic targets. Mariappa and Lescott were going to get £10ks a week offers elsewhere. Stupid. We should have had players identified and signed in January if we were serious. Fact is Warburton thought his beloved Kiernan was probably ok until the Scottish cup final, then he maybe thought not after all. 

I don't think it's solely about our defenders being necessarily shit, it's the system and lack of training (particularly corners) which is horrific. The fact is Aberdeen's fucking centrehalves look more effective than ours, and I definitely don't believe they're intrinsically better (Kiernan aside). It's down to the manager's methods.

I wanted Walter gone the first time he was in charge because he was shite in Europe, but during his second stint I had developed a deep appreciation for any manager that could be competitive in the league regardless, with no excuses. I don't think he ever lost a league before the last day? He knew what was required and never grumbled despite massive financial restraints the second time around. Warburton will not take the league to the last day, he'll be lucky to take it mathematically until the end of March. I'd give Walter anything he wanted to come back atm because he actually understands what's required of a Rangers manager and can actually get his teams defending. Weir and Ehiogu signed for free. What the fuck we'd give for Warburton to have the insight to sign defenders with half their ability. Fact is Warburton is not for us. The sooner we all realise he's out of his depth the sooner we can move on to someone who actually understands the challenge set. 

23 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Can't argue with that for me 

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

What were you expecting to see? He had a group of players most of whom regardless of age had hardly kicked a ball until they came to Rangers in the summer. A small squad who had ran out of steam in my opinion and used up what they had left to give us easily the best performance of a Rangers side against them in a good long while. Maybe since the 4-2 game at the midden?

Pre-season was a cluster fuck as far as new signings were concerned, ably assisted by the SFA and their retarded cup format. He went after 4 CBs that we know of and I've been told we reached out to 2 or 3 more and were rebuffed straight away. The defensive issues were not ignored as some claim (another bullshit stick used to beat the man), he attempted to address them.

Its a massive project for any manager even with funds in place to go out and buy or sign 10 players who are already the finished article, never mind a manager with the balls to try and take a squad of 20 odd players and try and mould them into a team and individuals that have what it takes to put us at the top. The truth is you're never going to find out if it will work unless its given time. I pointed this out in other threads, we haven't spent massive amounts on transfers and most of the players we've brought in are demonstrably better than when we signed them, so a new manager next summer wont struggle to get shot of them and he won't be in a position where we have no money for him to buy his own players. We've taken a gamble with Warburton and I think its obvious that the pay-off far, far, far outweighs the potential losses.

At Christmas we we were fantastic against Hibs as we were against them in the semi and against Dundee in the cup. We had something to build on and the way i see it we have regressed.

I like the man and dont enjoy  coming on here slating him but as a Rangers supporter im far from happy with whats occurring on the pitch.

3 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Maguires show gives me the heaves as much as Clyde.
They wheel on bheggars to be controversial and once they've said it then it becomes true to the fenians.

Was channel hoppin earlier and happened on it, you would've loved it, they were celebratin guess whit? Awe I'll say that ponce bertie the chin, lookin like a modeller and the dentist were on waxin lyrical about it, I happened on not long or ma boot would've went through the telly ! :sherlock:

2 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

He knew what was required and never grumbled despite massive financial restraints the second time around.

unbelievable revisionism right there, walter spent a fucking fortune his second time around, by the time he started the manchester season he had spent 12 million and only looked good because we got 9mill for hutton in the january that season

the following year we spent 18mill and again only player sales of 10mill made it look better, but we also cunted against kaunas that year and made a massive financial loss

his following year he took in only 4mill player sales even though in his words "the bank was running the club"

his following year he still had a net spend of nearly 2mill, again player sales helped make that look better than it was

walters spend in his second time was 35million, he recouped a bit in player sales but the 35mill was put up before player sales, murray front loaded walters squad build, warburton will likely need to remortgage his own house if he wants a few extra quid for players from this shambles of a board

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Was channel hoppin earlier and happened on it, you would've loved it, they were celebratin guess whit? Awe I'll say that ponce bertie the chin, lookin like a modeller and the dentist were on waxin lyrical about it, I happened on not long or ma boot would've went through the telly ! :sherlock:

Yo have to admire the brass neck and how many times they can wheel out the lisbon liars :lol: 

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

unbelievable revisionism right there, walter spent a fucking fortune his second time around, by the time he started the manchester season he had spent 12 million and only looked good because we got 9mill for hutton in the january that season

the following year we spent 18mill and again only player sales of 10mill made it look better, but we also cunted against kaunas that year and made a massive financial loss

his following year he took in only 4mill player sales even though in his words "the bank was running the club"

his following year he still had a net spend of nearly 2mill, again player sales helped make that look better than it was

walters spend in his second time was 35million, he recouped a bit in player sales but the 35mill was put up before player sales, murray front loaded walters squad build, warburton will likely need to remortgage his own house if he wants a few extra quid for players from this shambles of a board

Smith had a net spend of about £3 million during his second stint. He managed to win what, three titles and comfortably finish second in another season with that outlay. Compare to Warburton's squad which probably has a similar net outlay yet concedes for fun, can't score goals, and are struggling to take second place. Twelve points out of 24, ridiculous return. 

SmithNetSpend.png.1d3630c638bc5b367f868a

7 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Smith had a net spend of about £3 million during his second stint. He managed to win what, three titles and comfortably finish second in another season with that outlay. Compare to Warburton's squad which probably has a similar net outlay yet concedes for fun, can't score goals, and are struggling to take second place. Twelve points out of 24, ridiculous return. 

Hi ally:pipe:

4 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Net spend due to hutton sale who he didnt develop, also wages wages wages, do you think all they buy were on buttons

7 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Hutton was the perennial whipping boy of our support until Smith developed him into a world beater. 

smith had him for 1 full year, january to january

fact is when smith wanted money he got it until murray turned tail and ran leaving Lloyds to tell walter "no" which inevitably led to the whole banks running the club walter comment

On 07/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, Johnny Dangerously said:

Never saw it. Watched that show once. Whole show looks like it is made on the cheap, looks like it's shot in a caravan.

The caravan observation fits perfectly with this little rabid 'tinker' and I'd rather sit and watch a room full of paint drying before I'd put myself through the agonies of having to suffer "McGuire" and his guests.

Oh.....and the "McGuire" word was dropped because in his rabid little world it sounded too "Kattalik"......which is what he is.