Tax avoidance/ evasion.

20 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

(tu)

The chances that selick did not point their players in the direction of this scheme are nimiscule IMO, and we need to keep this highlighted as much possibly. 

Karma can indeed be a bitch. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/pzj_54/status/786228900602847232?p=v oh dear 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Virtuoso said:

As much as I want the Bheasts fucked for anything (I would hang the cunts for a parking ticket), this is it in a nutshell and as much as it pains me - it's in no way comparable to us using EBT's.

Liewell will just claim that Bheast FC paid their wages and deducted tax at source - with HMRC receiving full tax and NI contributions...with the individuals themselves opting to pay into a scheme. Club honoured it's full fiscal duties blah blah blah.

If HMRC are successful in going after anyone who used this scheme, then there's quite a few of our ex-players who will also be receiving a letter through the door.

Liewell can claim all he wants in relation to the clubs activity, but the fact he himself was in on it suggests there's more ties to the club than merely individuals conducting their own tax affairs.  It can reasonably lead to the accusation that the club were providing advice to employees on personal tax management.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Liewell can claim all he wants in relation to the clubs activity, but the fact he himself was in on it suggests there's more ties to the club than merely individuals conducting their own tax affairs.  It can reasonably lead to the accusation that the club were providing advice to employees on personal tax management.

That's fine, but at the same time it could be argued that we were doing the exact same (whilst also using EBT's):

CuhkP7OW8AAn9VK.jpg

CuhkQWaXEAgL-uf.jpg

CuhkQwZXYAAg5tK.jpg

It's all very well wanting the Bheasts hung out to dry over this, but you have to be careful when you poke a hornets nest t ensure that you're not getting bitten yourself.

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Nothing will come with this, except they can't brag about us being the only tax cheats, classic case of people living in glass houses and throwing stones.

Not having a go here mate, honestly but can you tell me why nothing will come of it?

The Desmond Dermont Money laundering story in my opinion is one that could do damage to them though.........

Desmond and his money laundering allegation being looked into!................I Wonder where he could've laundered his money. Not like he's a major shareholder or investor at a football team. 

Oh wait...TICK TOCK!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14694593.Celtic_s_biggest_shareholder_under_pressure_on_bank____money_laundering___/

20 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

That's fine, but at the same time it could be argued that we were doing the exact same (whilst also using EBT's):

CuhkP7OW8AAn9VK.jpg

CuhkQWaXEAgL-uf.jpg

CuhkQwZXYAAg5tK.jpg

It's all very well wanting the Bheasts hung out to dry over this, but you have to be careful when you poke a hornets nest t ensure that you're not getting bitten yourself.

Nobody is arguing any of that, but we got a kicking over it and sanctions imposed while the mhanks will not hear a cheep from the SFA and SPFL. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nobody is arguing any of that, but we got a kicking over it and sanctions imposed while the mhanks will not hear a cheep from the SFA and SPFL. 

No we didn't.

We got sanctioned and kicked over something completely different. They're in no way comparable.

The real point is that every rich cunt tries to avoid paying tax, including people associated with football, but that we're the only ones associated with football that get a kicking for it. 

Oleg's post in the other thread in the General Sports section is spot on. There's a fishy sequence of events where sellic start using EBTs, stop pretty quickly just as they are speaking to an important govt official about becoming their Chairman, then start using these schemes instead. Chances are that they saw the potential difficulties of EBTs and probably got wind of upcoming investigations of them, stopped them, and decided to use something else that kept liability at arm's length. They're no daft.

Likelihood is it'll be successful, and all it'll give us is some point scoring ammo, and maybe a bit of a red face for some of them, but they won't suffer the way we have. They fucked sporting integrity up the ass (the ideal, that is, not the OP) as much as anyone, only they were smarter about how they did it before then encouraging the assault on us for the EBTs, with 5 way agreements, title stripping and all that.

Sleekit bastards, but good at what they do. It's them that have establishment contacts these days, and I suspect they've used them very well over the last 10 to 15 years or so.

Because it was down to the individuals concerned, not the club.

This may be an in road though

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/14694593.Celtic_s_biggest_shareholder_under_pressure_on_bank____money_laundering___/

I Wonder where he could've laundered his money. Not like he's a major shareholder or investor at a football team. 

Oh wait

We need to do as they do and keep throwing the mud some WILL stick!

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No we didnt....we got it for something far more serious...comparing the 2 is chalk and cheese.

Loads of well off people from all walks of life use/used these tax avoidance methods.

6 minutes ago, The Mongoose said:

This may be an in road though

I Wonder where he could've laundered his money. Not like he's a major shareholder or investor at a football team. 

Oh wait

We need to do as they do and keep throwing the mud some WILL stick!

Dermot is a billionaire, he owns a bank ffs - so why would he launder a few million through septic fc?

As I said previously, I want them fucked over at every opportunity but at least if you're going to throw mud then make sure it at least has a chance of sticking; i.e their cover up of child abuse for example or the deals involving Westhorn.

I'm actually shaking my head in disbelief at Bears on here and Twitter creaming themselves at this non-event. Yes, players may be liable (our own included) but to think that this is their 'EBT' moment is being naive in the extreme. 

1 hour ago, centenarystand said:

Peter Lawwell is Scottish Footballs  Al Capone.

Tax evation eventually landed him in jail...

There's huge differences between tax evasion and tax avoidance.

As an aside and from a personal viewpoint, if it's possible for someone to reduce the amount of tax they pay to the absolute minimum then it's their sacred duty to do so. It is in fact the morally right thing to do (but that's for another time).

14 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Dermot is a billionaire, he owns a bank ffs - so why would he launder a few million through septic fc?

How do we know it's only a 'Few' Million?.........amount is irrelevant the Act is what is wrong.........remember Craig Whyte was a 'Billionaire' as well........why would he fuck off the Taxman for a few 'Million'.........Keep fighting,NO SURRENDER!

Because it was down to the individuals concerned, not the club.

I understand that entirely, however given the timing some of their players "chose" to join such schemes surely it could be argued there was more than a hint of coincidence they did so while in the employ of bheast  fc.? No smoke without fire etc and I certainly don't believe for a minute  they are without fault on this.  If hypothetically,  it were proven they were privatly promoting tax avoidance in any form the repercussions would be hugely embarassing for them at the very least.

A lot of the media driven slander aimed at us was unsubstantiated shite but even that insinuation damaged us none the less. 

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Gareth Southgate is current England manager so it's front page stuff again.

Oh and hmrc win in court and can now go after them all individually. 

5 hours ago, magic8ball said:

There was a court ruling in early August ,I saw the ticker tape on BBC news run with this when I was away on holiday 

4 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Of course- hmrc has just won the tribunal - pay up bhoys ???

(tu) Cheers , didn't know . 

Amazing how it takes action elsewhere before the press here start to take serious note of it . 

Let's hope something comes of it