James Traynor embarrassed our Manager

onwardsupwards

1 hour ago, 1ClubMan72 said:

Yep, them all, do away with pressers and just do an internal interview & publish it on our website.

I think this should be the way ahead. Either that or only creditable journalists are by invitation only.  The media in its current state still thinks it's open season on Rangers and the club need to take measures to stop it. Wether having someone like traynor on board will help I don't know. We know he looks like a slug in a suit and his voice is fucking horrible but he knows the Scottish media and was the main man in sports for the Rangers hating record.  

I cant believe how some are reacting over this. Especially given that warburton walked out of one a few weeks back and the same posters were ridiculing him for it

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

That's a whole different debate, as I said him writing shite a few years ago doesn't make yesterday's actions wrong.  Blame Charles green for appointing him, and obviously smith and his players never had a problem with him either with the amount of interviews he got

Charles Green didn't appoint him this board did  when they brought in Level 5. I never thought I'd see on a Rangers board support for Traynor. 

i see nothing wrong with it. they just wouldn't listen to what warburton was saying. no fucking comment. yet they keep asking it. what do you want warburton to do? keep repeating himself? good on him for stepping in to put that lot in their place. if they aren't gonna ask any other questions then warburton is right to leave. 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Charles Green didn't appoint him this board did  when they brought in Level 5. I never thought I'd see on a Rangers board support for Traynor. 

I'm pretty sure green had him as part of a head of media or something in early 2013 just before he lost his position of CEO.  He released a statement about how the record reporters were hoping that the tax case went against us and how they were all outraged about it.  Actions he said that made him quit, but don't believe that myself

6 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I'm pretty sure green had him as part of a head of media or something in early 2013 just before he lost his position of CEO.  He released a statement about how the record reporters were hoping that the tax case went against us and how they were all outraged about it.  Actions he said that made him quit, but don't believe that myself

Greens man was Jack Irvine i'm sure. We are going nowhere with this to be honest so i'm out now.

My memory is a bit hazy about this, but didn't Traynor have a rant on his last article for the Record atbout certain journalists and agendas (I read as being aimed at the BBC). I just wonder if this embargo regarding the BBC is being orchestrated by him. I always liked him, was never afraid to call things as he saw it, even if sometimes it was aimed at us. 

Edit; The article is clearly aimed Phil three names and Jum Spunce and Spiers(the main antagonist at the BBC at the time), appreciate if no one wants to click the link but it is too long-winded to C&P.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/james-traynor-why-this-is-my-last-ever-newspaper-1470050

8 hours ago, offsiderules said:

Where is the embarrassment OP?   Stupid journo asking and asking and asking after he's been told there won't be any comment - fud!

The embarrassment was all over MW's face, my point is why did Traynor not let MW deal with it he was doing well, yeah we can all say the journo this the journo that(who cares) but our manager was dealing with it, until Traynor got involved

and as for my question, I thought Traynor had been sacked before, when did he sneak back in?, never forget this was the journo who was first and loudest to tell us

"Rangers are dead, they are now a new club" 

or do do we just forget that?

what next, invite Whyte onto the board?

19 minutes ago, rangersmad86 said:

Bollocks. Embarrassing thread. MW will have been happy for the support. He told him politely 4 times at that point the cunt needed to be told. 

So MW needs "support" in pressers now?

away and geez peace

26 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

The embarrassment was all over MW's face, my point is why did Traynor not let MW deal with it he was doing well, yeah we can all say the journo this the journo that(who cares) but our manager was dealing with it, until Traynor got involved

and as for my question, I thought Traynor had been sacked before, when did he sneak back in?, never forget this was the journo who was first and loudest to tell us

"Rangers are dead, they are now a new club" 

or do do we just forget that?

what next, invite Whyte onto the board?

Not too sure he was sacked, he had to leave his post due to a family illness.

29 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

So MW needs "support" in pressers now?

away and geez peace

Been living under a rock? Been rumbling on for weeks and has become a HR issue. Quite rightly we have a PR guy there to handle the situation. Just like every other club does. 

1 hour ago, rangersmad86 said:

Been living under a rock? Been rumbling on for weeks and has become a HR issue. Quite rightly we have a PR guy there to handle the situation. Just like every other club does. 

If we need a PR guy to step in for our manager, then we need a new manager

will Timothy Traynor be picking the team next?

6 minutes ago, onwardsupwards said:

If we need a PR guy to step in for our manager, then we need a new manager

will Timothy Traynor be picking the team next?

You're missing the point, every club has a PR officer that is paid to deal with situations like this, it's common place watch any presser with a manager. 

I think in this case it's especially prevalent given the high profile nature of the Barton case and the fact that it's quickly turning into a legal situation. This isn't transfer gossip or conjecture, there are obviously legal ramifications.