FC Copenhagen consider withdrawing from league

johanhentze

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Mailman said:

Yeah I'm all for it too , and it would be great if the likes of Porto , benfica etc got involved. But given that the Portuguese league is seen as 1 of the top 5, I couldn't see it. 

Yep they can compete with German, English and Spanish teams, then there is PSG also, Like us they are so far behind that if they get a talent he is usually sold to one of those leagues 

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

So what actually happens when you win this league? Is that it? 

I agree its better than the current dross we face but whats the reward? It's essentially being the best of the rest in Europe whilst the big teams compete for the CL. 

You'd reevaluate CL entitlement  with UEFA. It'd be just another league from what would be regarded as a single nation with pyramid qualification underneath. So presumably (hopefully) it'd have 4 CL qualification spots and several Europa League ones.

Other than that it's the same as any league. Winning it IS the purpose of competing in it.

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

So is the league running alongside our regular league? I understand we'll need some form of European football but the way I read this is we'd be leaving the SPL altogether to play in a continental league. 

It would never be the same and would end up fizzling out. Away days are vital for Rangers fans, there's 7000 odd signed up for away tickets just now. But it's not reasonable to expect them to travel overseas every fortnight or so

I'd be interested to see a proposed set up 

I personally would be quite happy for us to leave the spfl and their remaining members to rot in hell for us and septic to play in a stronger league than the one we are currently in, I understand your concerns about there being over 7000 fans on a list for away tickets but apart from away matches against them we don't get allocated anywhere near that amount for the diddy clubs, Not too sure what the away ticket allocation would be for in this new league, If could well be due to the capacity of the clubs going to be involved in this new league that it is similar to what we get allocated now for the spfl diddy clubs, I'm not trying to say that many of us could afford to go to every away match but i for one would rather try to go to 2 or 3 away in this new league every season than give The Blue Pound to anyone of those diddy clubs who have not missed a fucking kick at our club for the last 4 and a half years, You can imagine them squealing now about how much they hate us but then begging the authorities not to let it happen, Fucking Hypocrites

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

...to form a an international league with teams from Scotland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium (....) after UEFA announced new plans for Champions League. They sound pretty serious about this. Seems a lot of clubs are pretty fucked off with the new plans. Interesting times ahead. 

Absolute cunt of a club stole a match over linfield in CL some years ago LInfield beat them 3 nil at Windsor ref played 8 minutes extra time in second leg for them to tie round. No trainer was on pitch 2nd half  ref bribed.Fuck that club and anything to do with them 

9 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Love my away days too much for this too happen unless away days in this were affordable.

A breakaway tournament would be a better idea rather than league for me 

The greater good...

10 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Absolute cunt of a club stole a match over linfield in CL some years ago LInfield beat them 3 nil at Windsor ref played 8 minutes extra time in second leg for them to tie round. No trainer was on pitch 2nd half  ref bribed.Fuck that club and anything to do with them 

Its a great club.

27 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You'd reevaluate CL entitlement  with UEFA. It'd be just another league from what would be regarded as a single nation with pyramid qualification underneath. So presumably (hopefully) it'd have 4 CL qualification spots and several Europa League ones.

Other than that it's the same as any league. Winning it IS the purpose of competing in it.

Ah ok so it is essentially a European domestic league with the reward being CL football?

Suppose it makes it interesting the fact that it won't be a two horse race every season. 

Logistically though it seems as though only a select number of fans would be able to make the trips on a regular basis.

4 hours ago, johanhentze said:

...to form a an international league with teams from Scotland, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium (....) after UEFA announced new plans for Champions League. They sound pretty serious about this. Seems a lot of clubs are pretty fucked off with the new plans. Interesting times ahead. 

Cheating cunt's will never be forgotten over here

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Ah ok so it is essentially a European domestic league with the reward being CL football?

Suppose it makes it interesting the fact that it won't be a two horse race every season. 

Logistically though it seems as though only a select number of fans would be able to make the trips on a regular basis.

Yeah mate. A small price in the grand scheme IMO though.

As KAI said though, might not be as tough as we think for fans.

46 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yep they can compete with German, English and Spanish teams, then there is PSG also, Like us they are so far behind that if they get a talent he is usually sold to one of those leagues 

Difference  is though the Portugese league is considered to be in the top 5 in Europe , they may lose there talented players but 9 times out of 10 the clubs get a great deal, unlike us , the Norwegians or Dutch etc. 

2 hours ago, Banner said:

This is the future for clubs like us.

The money grabbing rich fuckers can keep their Champions League.

If they close the door further on the CL I will most Def close the door on it.  Will they give a shit? No, however they can fucking ram it.

Stuff of fantasy.

The same was said 15 year ago...then 10 year ago then once again when we were demoted.

It sounds great and I'm sure clubs have been itching for this for well over a decade but nothing serious has ever been attempted or proposed from it.

Don't expect anything to change anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Just think the deal a league like that would get from sky and bt, Ajax, psv, ferenooyd, benfica, Porto, Sporting Lisbon us, them , Brugge , Anderlecht, Copenhagen, Rosenberg, Swedish teams etc .

This is the way forward for us 

I would argue the clubs should sell the games to their own supporters on PPV or some other sort of monthly deal. They could also sell the bigger games onto Sky / BT where there is interest from an audience outwith the fans of both clubs.

Every game should be televised if you want to pay for it. £19.99 a month for all Rangers games home and away via RTV. The more subscriptions you sell the more money you make. The more subscriptions you sell the more you make in advertising. 

At the moment all these clubs are tied into the TV deals forced upon them by their own associations, so we get nonsense like only being able to stream games in foreign countries, can't be broadcast live at 3pm, every away game kick off changed for TV.

If each club has the rights to their own games then everyone would make a fortune...if there is enough interest from fans. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Stuff of fantasy.

The same was said 15 year ago...then 10 year ago then once again when we were demoted.

It sounds great and I'm sure clubs have been itching for this for well over a decade but nothing serious has ever been attempted or proposed from it.

Don't expect anything to change anytime soon.

There has never been such financial disparity before. It will undoubtedly change...when is the question.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

There has never been such financial disparity before. It will undoubtedly change...when is the question.

Not anytime soon.

Do you honestly think say in the next 5 years we wont be playing football in the Scottish leagues?

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not anytime soon.

Do you honestly think say in the next 5 years we wont be playing football in the Scottish leagues?

Not sure when, I think we need to give 3 years notice. There must be discussions ongoing, might find it all it takes four or five clubs to to give notice. Then there would be a domino affect in my opinion.

Although there is so much stuff to sort out, like national cups, promotion, relegation, Europe qualification, etc.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Not sure when, I think we need to give 3 years notice. There must be discussions ongoing, might find it all it takes four or five clubs to to give notice. Then there would be a domino affect in my opinion.

Although there is so much stuff to sort out, like national cups, promotion, relegation, Europe qualification, etc.

I don't see how such a league with the 'second tier' of European clubs would sustain an audience which will still be solely focussed on the biggest leagues in the land (English, Spanish, German and to a lesser extent Italian).

The players will still be moving to the cash rich clubs in Qatar, China and the States while the ones who want to play at the highest level will remain in the big leagues.

What kind of finances would a European league with the 2nd tier clubs offer? Would they even be eligible for a CL place or any European football? If not would it make more money potentially than staying in a smaller league with the potential of CL football?

Personally I don't see anything changing any time soon, there will be plenty of huff and puff talk like the story today but at the end of the day I've heard it all before many times in the past decade and more.

7 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Would be great if there was a European 'Kerry Packer' with the finances to make it happen and challenge the UEFA cabal.

59 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I don't see how such a league with the 'second tier' of European clubs would sustain an audience which will still be solely focussed on the biggest leagues in the land (English, Spanish, German and to a lesser extent Italian).

The players will still be moving to the cash rich clubs in Qatar, China and the States while the ones who want to play at the highest level will remain in the big leagues.

What kind of finances would a European league with the 2nd tier clubs offer? Would they even be eligible for a CL place or any European football? If not would it make more money potentially than staying in a smaller league with the potential of CL football?

Personally I don't see anything changing any time soon, there will be plenty of huff and puff talk like the story today but at the end of the day I've heard it all before many times in the past decade and more.

An Atlantic league could be a big league though. It wouldn't be any second tier and could start to compete with the other leagues. The EPL is in a class of it's own, but there's nothing to say it couldn't achieve at least Italian league level if done well. And it's unlikely to be done unless it had CL access anyway, so I wouldn't see it as an either or.

But no, I don't see it actually happening. But it is worth the risk if it could be brought about. The alternative is the current setup means we linger slowly into irrelevance as has begun over the last 10 years. I'd rather we try it and fail than just accept this rot.

I think that home games would be interesting, but I don't really see how the constant travel would be sustainable for the guys who regularly travel away.

More details would need to be published before deciding if this really is the way forward for our club.