Another bear gone

hammer93

I've just heard the sad news that big John Paterson has passed away at the age of 61

Big Jock was one of the original founders of the Kilmarnock teddy bears bus which I joined as a young lad at the age of 14, the big man was cruelly struck with kidney disease 20 odd years ago but he still made it to Ibrox in all weathers.

The big man would have the bus rocking back in the day with his very own repertoire of songs, he will be sadly missed and my thoughts go out to his family.

RIP BIG MAN

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

sorry to hear this mate I remember a guy called big jock who ran the Kilmarnock bus used to meet him away from home quite a lot at European ties in places like Malta, Cyprus osasuna ect he was a good blue nose and a true gentleman. r.i.p big man.

That would be him, the first season the bus was running they went to osasuna as the club's first European trip.

yeah the osasuna game was in 1985 I'm sure but remember meeting him and a few of the boys off the bus in the square in aya nappa when we played famagusta had a right good sash bash that night. but as I said met him a good few times a larger than life character. sorry to hear of his passing thoughts are with his friends and family.

5 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I'm working up in Aberdeen just now and I'm just getting ready to go out for a pre match beer to celebrate my birthday today I will raise a glass to the big man gone too soon to absent friends.

You do that bud and enjoy :541:

although news of the big man's passing has saddened me I'm sure he wouldn't mind me getting pished he liked to party and start a sing song or two. I'm trying to think of his mucker with the glasses he was always with abroad but can't remember his name can you shed any light on it ? Hammer.