Chad Evens Found not guilty of rape

35 minutes ago, JamieD said:

If I remember right, the girl went to the police saying she didn't know how she ended up where she was or how she got there, the police reviewed CCTV and then interviewed the players and pressed charges based on their interviews. She didn't accuse or lie about anyone.

She knew exactly what she was doing, it's too easy for a girl to wake up from a drunken night out and say ' I can't remember ' I didn't give consent'. I'm having none of it , the guys life's been ruined because she's sobered up and relised she's fucked up or seen pound signs.

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If they're legitimate rape victims then they have nothing to worry about.

Well, some legitimate rape victims won't remember what happened. I'm not saying he intends to say this but the logical conclusion of King Jela's point would be that they shouldn't allow the police to proceed even if the police have reason to believe they have been raped, if they don't remember it, because it could just be like all the other good fun drunken times they don't remember. All rapes of drugged or unconscious women would go unreported.

I didn't follow this case closely but it seems like the issue is with the original prosecution and conviction, not an issue with a false accuser.

It never appeared anything like a sound conviction, I was surprised he was ever found guilty. Completely predictable that he got cleared.

What Evans did wasn't particularly 'good', but there is a world of difference between behaving badly and behaving criminal. 

TBH, I work in contracting and have been involved with football for years (and hear the work/dressing room stories). TBH, you hear stories along these lines quite a lot. Drunk people, particularly young drunk people, don't make good decisions while intoxicated. That goes for the girl and Evans...

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If they're legitimate rape victims then they have nothing to worry about.

But jury's get it wrong just ask Ched Evans, It's the same with the death penalty , great idea but you can't trust the crooked police, as how many people have walked free for murder they never committed ? Everyone of them would be dead and the law would have covered it up to save face as they always do 

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

The police picked him up and interviewed him. His answers made them think he raped her. The police then told her that. Let's say the police tell your daughter or sister or whatever that they've interviewed the guy whose hotel you woke up in with no recollection of how you got there and the guy told the police he crept in when the lights were off and banged your daughter or sister without saying a word to her while his pals filmed through the window. Would you expect her to say "Nah that's ok, officer, I probably had a cracking time"?

Regardless of the not guilty verdict, regardless of the merits of the case, the idea that she is a "lying slut" is ridiculous. She said she didn't remember anything to lie about. It's entirely possible that she vocally consented to sex and then forgot about it. That doesn't make her a liar. It makes the CPS overzealous. 

I think this is where the law gets very grey.

Can a drunk guy really access when a girl is too drunk? What might appear obvious when looking at it sober on CCTV doesn't when drunk. I know when I am drinking, I am generally unaware of people becoming more drunk. I am also unaware of people being loud and drunk in the pub. However, go into a pub sober at 12am.... and it's obvious. We all do/say things when drunk and have no memory of them.

Can a drunk girl wake up with 'the fear' and do actions and say things that quickly spiral?

I'm not even sure protagonists in this saga even really know the truth without cloud.

50 minutes ago, Badger said:

Can a drunk guy really access when a girl is too drunk? What might appear obvious when looking at it sober on CCTV doesn't when drunk. I know when I am drinking, I am generally unaware of people becoming more drunk. I am also unaware of people being loud and drunk in the pub. However, go into a pub sober at 12am.... and it's obvious. We all do/say things when drunk and have no memory of them.

Can a drunk girl wake up with 'the fear' and do actions and say things that quickly spiral?

I'm not even sure protagonists in this saga even really know the truth without cloud.

The day will come ,when guy will be out with the camera phone ,getting the woman to visually consent .

These woman are beyond evil . Plenty of them around though sadly

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

But jury's get it wrong just ask Ched Evans, It's the same with the death penalty , great idea but you can't trust the crooked police, as how many people have walked free for murder they never committed ? Everyone of them would be dead and the law would have covered it up to save face as they always do 

NEVER NEVER NEVER ever trust those bent bastards . Every one of them cover up ,cover their own arses with lies .

It's numbers game for them . Many of them are just evil bastards  .And with the power that they have been given . Hell mend you ,if your in one of their traps .

Scumbags

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

As the title says Not guilty after all the shit he went through.

The guy has lost millions and probably will still be tarred with this.

I hope he sues the cow for everything she has, she ruined his life by crying Wolf after parting them after having a few to many.

Glad the guy has cleared his name after being wrongly convicted. .

But this so be a wake up call for any young footballer 

Lets not forget the woman never claimed she had been raped.

3 hours ago, markem said:

Was a shocking verdict first time around.

3 hours ago, markem said:

I think they might.

Evans was arrested after having 'threesome' sex with his accuser and fellow player, Clayton McDonald. 

The woman told police she was too drunk to know what was happening or who she was with.

Evans admitted having sex with the woman but said she consented and invited him to join her and McDonald, who was acquitted at Evans's first trial.

How did this ever get prosecuted, let alone how did the arrive at a guilty verdict.  Either a very convincing witness or poor policework

22 hours ago, Badger said:

A drunk woman can't apparently give consent to sex but if she goes outside and drives her car then she's suddenly responsible 

21 hours ago, simplythebest said:

The mob rule over this when he tried to resume his career before was embarrassing, and as far as we can see those responsible aren't apologising despite him going back through the court process to clear his name 

To think he was denied playing for Hibernians of Malta, absolute disgrace!! Seriously though, it is a good point but can't see him getting a club in the UK. Far too much bad press, not his fault in the eyes of the law - but sadly the social media warriors will make it tough on any club to take him on. It happens in other professions, eg a teacher in a similar circumstance will be unlikely to gain GTC registration and hence have no recourse for applying for teaching jobs. Sadly, in these cases the old no smoke without fire cliché is quite blatant.

38 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

To think he was denied playing for Hibernians of Malta, absolute disgrace!! Seriously though, it is a good point but can't see him getting a club in the UK. Far too much bad press, not his fault in the eyes of the law - but sadly the social media warriors will make it tough on any club to take him on. It happens in other professions, eg a teacher in a similar circumstance will be unlikely to gain GTC registration and hence have no recourse for applying for teaching jobs. Sadly, in these cases the old no smoke without fire cliché is quite blatant.

He plays for Chesterfield already.