John park leaves the scum

KingKirk

If he's responsible for every singing then he's brought in more shite players than good in his time with them. They seem to think they're a club who have an eye for great young players , pick them up cheap, move them on for a profit, the Southampton transfers are probly the only case of this.

On 16/10/2016 at 2:02 PM, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He's a Rangers man working for the club he loves doing the job that made his name I would say that's a decent offer we don't need him anywhere else really.

Do you just talk constant shite?

Our scouting network is non existent.

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Do you just talk constant shite?

Our scouting network is non existent.

Frank dislikes this.

And I wouldn't take him as a scout with the money he wasted with THEM we couldn't afford to do that so any scouts we have must have a better record

14 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

What the likes of the Finnish striker they bought and bangoura etc were a huge waste of money we simply can't afford that.

The money brought in from Wanyama more than covered what they wasted on them though.

No scout is ever going to have a 100% success rate but when you have a number players moving on for more than double what you paid for them (more than 10x what they paid for him in Wanyama's case) then you can afford to make some mistakes.

6 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

The money brought in from Wanyama more than covered what they wasted on them though.

No scout is ever going to have a 100% success rate but when you have a number players moving on for more than double what you paid for them (more than 10x what they paid for him in Wanyama's case) then you can afford to make some mistakes.

I think they spent about ÂŁ2 million apiece on a fair few duds bangoura the Finnish mug and a few others the money they made would have been eaten up by that

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I think they spent about ÂŁ2 million apiece on a fair few duds bangoura the Finnish mug and a few others the money they made would have been eaten up by that

They signed Wanyama for under a million, sold him for a reported ÂŁ12.5m

Forster for just over ÂŁ2m and sold him for around ÂŁ10m

Van Dijk for around ÂŁ2.5m and sold for around ÂŁ13m

That's in the region of ÂŁ30m profit on 3 players. Unless you have another 13 names to add to Pukki and Bangura then I'd say their scouting is still a success.

6 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

That's in the region of ÂŁ30m profit on 3 players. Unless you have another 13 names to add to Pukki and Bangura then I'd say their scouting is still a success.

They are rumoured to have calculated saved wages and bonuses etc into their transfer fees so doubt they got near that for the players.

And I think there was a few other siblings too.

2 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

They are rumoured to have calculated saved wages and bonuses etc into their transfer fees so doubt they got near that for the players.

And I think there was a few other siblings too.

Even if that was true, they still made a healthy profit on those players so my point still stands.

9 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

There's probly not far away from another 13 names of failures over the last 3 or 4 seasons , don't forget all the loan deals, they cost a fair bit too. They're probly still in profit but no where near 30m.

4 minutes ago, The Mailman said:

There's probly not far away from another 13 names of failures over the last 3 or 4 seasons , don't forget all the loan deals, they cost a fair bit too. They're probly still in profit but no where near 30m.

Aye there's definitely been more flops than just Bangura and Pukki but there's also been other players sold on at profit as well. I've just picked the 3 high profile ones.

Even if they're only half a million in profit that's still a success.

11 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Aye there's definitely been more flops than just Bangura and Pukki but there's also been other players sold on at profit as well. I've just picked the 3 high profile ones.

Even if they're only half a million in profit that's still a success.

Aye of course profit is all that matters at the end of the day but all we ever hear is the story's of them making all this money on Wanyama, Van Dijk etc. What we don't hear about is the money they spunked away on shite like Wakaso, Balde, Boerigtter etc.

3 minutes ago, The Mailman said:

Aye of course profit is all that matters at the end of the day but all we ever hear is the story's of them making all this money on Wanyama, Van Dijk etc. What we don't hear about is the money they spunked away on shite like Wakaso, Balde, Boerigtter etc.

Wakaso was only loan move, I don't imagine they've lost out on too much money with that one.

I see your point but that's generally what happens with any club, not just the tarriers. The success stories get attention and the flops are forgotten about.

As long as they are still making a profit that won't change because technically there isn't a problem in their system.

The Wanyama fee has to be taken with a pinch of salt IMO given that he moved to Tottenham in the summer for ÂŁ10 million . ÂŁ2 million less after a couple of seasons in the EPL seems a bit strange to me .

As has been said the tarriers should still be in profit transfer wise , but I don't think by as much as they or the media would like us to believe .

We were linked with Wanyama before they were, we couldn't afford his wages.

It's not like Park scouted him from nowhere and signed him, and on the other side there were players Diala brought in on his own that were shit.

So unless you know which players this guy is responsible for it's hard to judge.

13 hours ago, MasterD said:

We were linked with Wanyama before they were, we couldn't afford his wages.

It's not like Park scouted him from nowhere and signed him, and on the other side there were players Diala brought in on his own that were shit.

So unless you know which players this guy is responsible for it's hard to judge.

We couldn't afford the wages of an unproven entity coming from the Kenyan league? I'm sorry, but I very much doubt that.

I don't remember being linked to him and when he joined them, we were in the SPL, rendering salary even less of an issue.

I wouldn't recognise him if he walked past me on Argyle Street, but let's not pretend that we wouldn't do back-flips to have someone associated with the transfer fees he has apparently generated them.

Wanyama, van Dijk, Forster; there are three a tarrier I work with said he was responsible for recruiting (He also said he was involved in Hibs' youth academy and overseen the development of Thomson, Whittaker, Brown, etc.). That's around ÂŁ25M in transfer fees for a fraction of the outlay. I wish we were generating that sort of money.

He'll end up down south, based on his CV.

6 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

We couldn't afford the wages of an unproven entitying from the Kenyan league? I'm sorrthsty, but I very much doubt that.

I don't remember being linked to him and when he joined them, we were in the SPL, rendering salary even less of an issue.

I wouldn't recognise him if he walked past me on Argyle Street, but let's not pretend that we wouldn't do back-flips to have someone associated with the transfer fees he has apparently generated them.

Wanyama, van Dijk, Forster; there are three a tarrier I work with said he was responsible for recruiting (He also said he was involved in Hibs' youth academy and overseen the development of Thomson, Whittaker, Brown, etc.). That's around ÂŁ25M in transfer fees for a fraction of the outlay. I wish we were generating that sort of money.

I agree with most of that mate . We really need to start generating some decent turnover and profit in the transfer market . 

IIRC Wanyama was signed from a Belgian side , but I wouldn't have thought wages at the time would've been a major problem . I don't remember us being interested but we were always linked with numerous players that it wouldn't be a surprise if some slipped through the net .

14 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

We couldn't afford the wages of an unproven entity coming from the Kenyan league? I'm sorry, but I very much doubt that.

He had a lot of teams interested in him. Villa, Newcastle, couple of German teams, then Standard Liege had agreed a fee for him, we weren't in a position to offer a 5 figure a week wage to a teenager who as you rightly state was unproven.

He didn't come from the Kenyan league.

Go look it up, there was threads on here about him before he went there, started by the mod DJW, and it was in the Belgian press as having us, and the other teams interested in him but no taigs. Then they came in and ended up signing him.

On 19/10/2016 at 2:05 PM, Fred H Crawford said:

The Wanyama fee has to be taken with a pinch of salt IMO given that he moved to Tottenham in the summer for ÂŁ10 million . ÂŁ2 million less after a couple of seasons in the EPL seems a bit strange to me .

As has been said the tarriers should still be in profit transfer wise , but I don't think by as much as they or the media would like us to believe .

they are sleekit bastards with their fees, when they sell someone they tell their media bitches to report both the fee and wages for his new contract, say wanyama went for 12million, and was on 25 grand a week, over 4 years, thats 5.2mill in wages he'd cost southampton, so in theory the tarriers only 6.8mill for him, still a nice wedge given they paid buttons in comparison for him, but its nowhere near the 12mill reported

Same if they buy someone, to rip the cunt out of their fans, that defender they spent 4million on last year, 10 grand a week over 4 years is 2mill in wages give or take, so in reality big spending celtic only spent around 2million on him

Apparently if you scour their accounts the real breakdowns are there, just no cunt does it because they either dont care or dont want to believe,

A tim told me this years ago, when he was utter beeling at their supposed spending etc