Niko

Garnock Blue

34 minutes ago, OhW said:

It's our next game.

I'm speaking in general terms.  On form players should always play.  Niko's been on the big stage down South countless times and performed I don't believe he's intimidated by Celtic or the likes of Scott Brown. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's looking better and fitter but I still we need more legs in the middle against they cunt's.

Niko's good when we have the ball but against them it'll be far tougher to dominate possession. Although he will fair better alongside Halliday and Holt/Windass than he did alongside Barton that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Don't think we could afford to play him in a midfield three. If we changed to a 5 he could sit in behind a lone striker and be effective but the manager won't change. Has to be Holt, Halliday and Windass next week. 

That being said since he's getting up to match sharpness now his quality is really showing. 

How can you say has to be Holt  Halliday amd Windass? Windass has only played a few mins since " getting fit" . Gave the ball away couple times tonight in dangerous positions. I would start Niko with the two H's. 

The guy was great tonight and looks like he's getting fitter. Next week I would only start him if the manager started Forrester from the right with Niko, Holt and Halliday starting off in the centre. However, that would mean dropping Waghorn...

They bossed us in the middle of the park last time with Miller and Garner starting. Also with an unfit Barton, Kranjcar and Windass it only got worse. I'd leave Windass on the bench! For me he has to be introduced slowly as he seems to made of glass so far. He got a good 15 minutes today and maybe give him 30 next Sunday with the possibility of extra time. Meaning he's getting brought back from injury properly and not just thrown into an Old Firm.

3 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Was great tonight, but it was only ICT. Having said that, we looked much worse when he went off.

I wouldn't start him next weekend, but would definitely use him as an impact sub.

Only ICT!!! This is the team who drew with the sheep & the tims who according to the mhedia play at fortress Caledonia Stadium. We are definitely underestimating the result tonight.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Played better tonight but we need legs against the filth so i would drop him for that game. I'd drop Waghorn as well or play him through the middle out wide is killing his game.

Waghorns lack of ability is killing his game, never Rangers class. 

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

That was a masterclass, his pass rate completion is exceptional, we became a bit ragged after he departed.

This.

We became ragged just before when he was jaded.

In the match thread people were saying that the introduction of the subs disrupted our play. In fact we were poor just before that and when the subs came on that didn't change.

Nothing to do with the subs. When Niko stopped WE stopped. MOTM for me.

The big chief was different gravy tonight. Looks good with Holt and Halliday beside him. 

Holt was saying in his presser yesterday that he's learning loads through having Niko around

The first old firm came too soon for him sadly, he wasn't ready to start that game in hindsight. But would be silly to drop him next week when he's in such a rich form. He's better than anything Celtic have to offer in midfield anyway, by a mile 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

The big chief was different gravy tonight. Looks good with Holt and Halliday beside him. 

Holt was saying in his presser yesterday that he's learning loads through having Niko around

The first old firm came too soon for him sadly, he wasn't ready to start that game in hindsight. But would be silly to drop him next week when he's in such a rich form. He's better than anything Celtic have to offer in midfield anyway, by a mile 

Fed up giving you rep tonight but spot on again. Niko has by far the best technical ability in the country. It's up to us to get that out of him. Can't believe some are considering dropping him for next week.

Niko has ability that few in this country have ever seen with regularity in the flesh never mind been able to replicate however if we get half a season of games out of him we're doing better than any of his clubs in the last 6 years. Now you could say that our league is so gash that he should be able to surpass that target for any minus points he has and I wouldn't be quick to disagree but for me Kranjcar is someone you start against slow hard working teams with "zero" ability and more likely, you bring him off the bench when Plan A has went tits up and we need a spark of genius against tired legs and minds. Against them my feeling is that he be largely. if not entirely, snuffed out should he start.

Thought some of his play tonight showcased just how much ability we're missing as a team should walking the ball into the net be the objective.

38 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Niko has ability that few in this country have ever seen with regularity in the flesh never mind been able to replicate however if we get half a season of games out of him we're doing better than any of his clubs in the last 6 years. Now you could say that our league is so gash that he should be able to surpass that target for any minus points he has and I wouldn't be quick to disagree but for me Kranjcar is someone you start against slow hard working teams with "zero" ability and more likely, you bring him off the bench when Plan A has went tits up and we need a spark of genius against tired legs and minds. Against them my feeling is that he be largely. if not entirely, snuffed out should he start.

Thought some of his play tonight showcased just how much ability we're missing as a team should walking the ball into the net be the objective.

Kranjcar to Tav to Holt, quick one touch passing opened up the ict defense and nearly scored, this is what Niko offers