****Official post match thread****

gogzy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, LeBlond said:

3 important points from a tricky away tie.  I thought we played well and were by far the better team but it was a nervy finish including a goal line clearence which shouldn't have been the case, our finishing was poor again tonight..m Waghorn just wasn't up for it.

Not up for it?

You didn't watch the same game as me.

For what Waggy lacks in quality his effort cannot be denied.

A decent 3 points away from home, i will take it.

Kenny:crywank:

For all the forward players we have, we still struggle to actually score, apart from a wonder goal from Miller who had a good game.

Niki was great, even thought Hill and Kiernan was OK. 

Still far from playing the way we should be, yes 3 points, but when people are saying it's our best performance this season, tells you how bad we can be, and doesn't mean we were any way good IMO.

Better, yes, but that's relative, and in no way means good IMO. 

We just had to win tonight so well done.

Niko played well again and well done Kenny.

But we really have to finish games off . Stop fuckin about in front of goal and take our chances.

It could have cost us tonight again because they missed 2 great chances.

Thought McKay and Waggy were poor.

Anyway 3 points and up to third for now.

Take what you can get up there. We were good in spells, still just don't have that nastiness to punish piss poor teams - inverness were all over the place, we should have been out of sight in the first half. Miller was great and a perfect 100th goal, but Niko was the stand out for me. 

I really don't like singling in out, but Kiernan just can't start for us. It's ridiculous how shaky he is. Can't even clear the ball properly now, he's setting up the opposition for a shot 9/10 times. That type of shit just inspires no confidence especially when you consider the stigma attatched to our team as it is defensively - don't doubt that that's in the back of players minds btw, you need to be assured back there with both your clearances, positioning and passing. He just isn't. He's the problem back there, beyond all doubt. Wilson must start next week. 

Hill was my MOTM today.  Kiernan was VERY lucky not to be punished two or three times but thankfully we got away with them. 

Niko was very good again tonight.  Very composed and his passing was what we lacked a lot last season.

Miller and the rest of our forward players need to start scoring more goals.  Still cannot believe Holt never took that chance.

Brilliant 3 points for us. What a goal to win it too, well done Mr Miller!!

From what i saw of the game, Waghorn and McKay need benched for a bit. Waghorn looks woeful. I know he probably needs confidence but we can't afford to carry him. I'd be interested to see how a front 3 of Miller, Garner and Dodoo would get on. 

Holt has made a big difference to us with his non-stop energy & runs. Midfield of Holt, Halliday and Windass would be superb.

Guest Lloyd72

Kiernan impressed me, Mckay showed flashes of what we know he can do but still not good enough, Hill has been good since Killie, Kranjcar is a classy player when on it, Waghorn didn't have much luck and needs to grow a right foot, Kenny is still scoring and ran himself into the ground tonight, Dodoo did well when he came on, Thought Garners hold up play and workrate when he came on were good, Fullbacks looked solid defensively, Halliday good again, Holt was shaky near the end and kept giving away possession.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Kiernan impressed me, Mckay showed flashes of what we know he can do but still not good enough, Hill has been good since Killie, Kranjcar is a classy player when on it, Waghorn didn't have much luck and needs to grow a right foot, Kenny is still scoring and ran himself into the ground tonight, Dodoo did well when he came on, Thought Garners hold up play and workrate when he came on were good, Fullbacks looked solid defensively, Halliday good again, Holt was shaky near the end and kept giving away possession.

Agree with all that, apart from Kiernan tbf.

Waghorn and McKay looked completely empty of any confidence.

garner should concentrate more on attacking the goal rather than trying to win cheap free kicks and rolling about.

for all the attacking football our chance creation and taking is terrible.

jason holt for me is the difference in midfield his energy and runs are great and as I said earlier I'm pretty impressed with Clint hill who was in the year above Clint Eastwood at school

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That was truly awful tonight.  MW looked clueless at the dug out.  I'm sick of this game after game of turgid football.   Next Sunday could be another embarrassing day for us.

Thought some of the first half was decent although no penetration in the final 3rd. Agree with the rest of your post though.

Our only hope for next Sunday is that they get a Euro hangover.