****Official post match thread****

gogzy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted with the three points from a difficult away game. (tu)

The first 15- 20 minutes was concerning and thankfully the big lad missed a sitter. After that we picked up and scored a wonder goal, fantastic for Kenny to get to 100 :clap:

I am still worried about not taking chances and our defence is still concerning. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Agree with all that, apart from Kiernan tbf.

A goal line clearance and winning a few headers are impressive compared to what I expected from the guy tbh. 

We started poorly, but we grew into the game as the first half went on. Deservedly we took the lead and played very well, but at the game drew on and especially after Niko went off we kept inviting ICT onto us. But we did have chances to kill the game off, unfortunatley they fell to an out of form Waghorn. What was more disappointing was that when he went off we looked toothless up front.

Kiernan and Hill did OK, but Kiernan is a liability positionally.

Brad McKay should have been off for that challenge on Kenny, and when Halliday got an elbow in the head why did McCollum not blow the whistle immediately as I thought referees were supposed to for head injuries?

We just beat a team who were unbeaten in their previous 5 matches prior to us, a team who until tonight I believe have scored in all of their previous matches, there were some pretty good performances tonight, we kept a clean sheet and now we've won two games in a row in the league.

End of the day the win was the most important thing as this helps to build the teams confidence and there were definite flashes of what we are capable of doing being showed tonight.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

A goal line clearance and winning a few headers are impressive compared to what I expected from the guy tbh. 

Defending for their chance early on was bad, as it was for the goal line clearance, better than usual, just don't think it was good tbh.

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

I know mate we should take endless joy from hanging on to a 1-0 win for dear life

How you can take that we hung on for dear life from that game is beyond me Kaiser.  Its all about opinions I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Kiernan impressed me, Mckay showed flashes of what we know he can do but still not good enough, Hill has been good since Killie, Kranjcar is a classy player when on it, Waghorn didn't have much luck and needs to grow a right foot, Kenny is still scoring and ran himself into the ground tonight, Dodoo did well when he came on, Thought Garners hold up play and workrate when he came on were good, Fullbacks looked solid defensively, Halliday good again, Holt was shaky near the end and kept giving away possession.

Lol

We definitely looked sharper but no idea if that's just against poor opposition or if the training we're putting in is making a difference, hopefully the latter.

Have to focus much more on the last third and shooting.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Defending for their chance early on was bad, as it was for the goal line clearance, better than usual, just don't think it was good tbh.

Aye but he looked to grow into the game as did Hill, Just hope he puts in a performance against them next week.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

So, a tough tie away from home against an in form side, and a hard fought, very important 3 points.

We were not great, we started terribly,we played better as the game went on, and there we slight signs of a team in there tonight I thought. I though we had a decent 30 minutes in the first half, maybe the same again in the second.   Waghorn had a mare, Niko was great.

Discuss.

Same story, & I persist, problems are up front. Without a wonder strike by Kenny, this was 0-0 all the way. Bossed the game when Niko was on but never looked like scoring.

3 points are 3 points .

Positives . We won at a difficult venue .

Negatives . Far to many for my liking

There is no way this team are going to win the league . That is for certain .

Why with all the players we now have ,does McKay have to start every game . His wasteful play and his laid back attitude just doesn't do it for me .

I see a few are having orgasms over a win . I just never felt inspired tonight . One bit .

We were one mistake ,as usual from fucking up what should have been an easy enough victory .

We are not ruthless, we are casual , we lack any kind of composure right throughout the team .

We have players ala .Waghorn , Tav . I just don't recognise from last year .

If it made you feel good watching that ,then things must be worse than I thought .

As I said .A win is a win . That is all you can say