*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I feel nothing going into this game. It'll no doubt have hit me by the weekend but right now there's nothingĀ 

I'm the same actually, it's pretty weird. I'm not sure if i'm not expecting much from the gameĀ because it's the league cup or what. It doesn't feel like the normal week leading up to the game for me.

37 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

I'm the same actually, it's pretty weird. I'm not sure if i'm not expecting much from the gameĀ because it's the league cup or what. It doesn't feel like the normal week leading up to the game for me.

Combination of predictability regards outcome with them winning coupled with the fact it's the Diddy cup.Ā 

Although it wouldn't surprise me to see MW give fringe players a go as he's alluded to such as gilks and hodson, we turn them over convincingly, all smiles and happy days... thenĀ those same players who came in and did a jobĀ get benched for our next league game, and we get pumped. Square 1.

I'm all over the shop at the moment, I'm going for a lie down.Ā 

10 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Why do you want Waghorn to start then? I'd much rather see Dodoo or Garner in his place

What has Dodoo done? Need I repeat that we were hailing Frank McParland as our saviour when he stole the Premier League champions' rising star, but have a ended up with a striker who has struggled to break into the side and who, when he has played, has done nothing spectacular. I was actually disapppointed by his appearance at Ibrox in the League Cup group stage.

As I also said, let's put this into perspective; Dodoo is older than Moussa DembelƩ of Celtic.

Garner, I'm not into one bit. Barring that goal against Celtic amidst a 5-1 defeat, thus almost nullifying it, he has offered absolutely nothing. He's the first Rangers player who's antics I've actually been irritated by. He's an over-aggressive, diving, ankle wrestler who's constantly looking for a fight. Ā£1.8M? Jesus fuck.

Ā 

10 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Dodoo has done more over 2 sub appearances than Waghorn and McKay have over nearly 180 mins worth of football they've played. The guy deserves a shot, especially over Waghorn, at least McKay actually has ability but it's just not being used fully right now, I often doubt Waghorn has the brain to be a clever footballer, he's a one trick pony. It's harsh on him but sadly that's what he's shown this season and a lot of last lesson as wellĀ 

I do not disagree that Dodoo deserves a shot, every single player in this group does, but in an Old Firm game? After we lost 5-1 six weeks ago? No, that's why you're not a football manager.

I wholeheartedly agree that Waghorn and McKay have been poor, but it is entirely illogical and irrational to drop two of your best players on the eve of what is our biggest game of the season (Progressively, each coming Old Firm game is the most important).

I guarantee, right now, that Waghorn and McKay will start on Sunday. Warburton is stubborn, but he is sensible and that's why he won't share your opinion.

Guest Lloyd72
16 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What has Dodoo done? Need I repeat that we were hailing Frank McParland as our saviour when he stole the Premier League champions' rising star, but have a ended up with a striker who has struggled to break into the side and who, when he has played, has done nothing spectacular. I was actually disapppointed by his appearance at Ibrox in the League Cup group stage.

As I also said, let's put this into perspective; Dodoo is older than Moussa DembelƩ of Celtic.

Garner, I'm not into one bit. Barring that goal against Celtic amidst a 5-1 defeat, thus almost nullifying it, he has offered absolutely nothing. He's the first Rangers player who's antics I've actually been irritated by. He's an over-aggressive, diving, ankle wrestler who's constantly looking for a fight. Ā£1.8M? Jesus fuck.

Ā 

I think dodoo would be very effective to have in this game, he is very direct far Moreno than McKay and he isn't far faster than Waghorn. Waghorn and McKay have been shite so far this season bar his appearances against lower league opposition. Both aren't very fast and that's isn't what we'll need against this lot because the counter is going to be where our goals will come if they do at all which is why I'd also like to see MoH start.Ā 

Can't disagree with garner he's disappointed me too but I think he suits this game More than Waghorn, his hold up play is decent and he gets stuck in more than Waggy but even saying that I'd start Miller ahead of him tbh. Really needs to cut out the rolling about on the floor as it's irritating for me too.

When the draw was made I thought bring it on, we will hopefully have built up a bit of steam in a convincing manner but it hasn't happened. Our performance against ICT in the first half is being described as one of our best so far this season and they really should have scored with the free header 10 yards out. That's what scares me the most.Ā 

We could play absolutely magnificently but we cannot fucking defend. We gift goals away.Ā 

Fearing another pumping. Honest opinion.Ā 

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I feel nothing going into this game. It'll no doubt have hit me by the weekend but right now there's nothingĀ 

Same boat I'm in atm.

I've never ever dreaded going into a game against them,but this Rangers team can be so hot or cold it's unbelievable if you know what I mean.

If every one of our players turns up and plays out their skin we'll be fine,even if we get beat you can still accept it knowing the players gave their all.

However,if we're on the end of another severe doing off they cunts then Warburton has to get his jotters.

This game will make or break him as a Rangers manager imo.

Don't think I've commented on this thread yet but the reading is good and without going over the top, is really quite positive.

If it starts 4-3-3

Good shout for Dodoo on the left

Garner or Waggy through the middle

If Windass or Harry are fit then wide right

Drop BarrieĀ and KennyĀ to the bench

Still prefer a 4-4-2 with Waggy and Garner up top until we score 2, then go to a 3-5-2

Definitely not shitting myself and will be pished by kick-off so probably will not even be able to see the team sheet.Ā 

Garner and Clint to score in a 2-1 Rangers win

Ā  We go 4-3-3 and I fear another hammering so I want to make us harder to beat and not quite as wide...

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Gilks

Tav Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Hill Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Kiernan Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Wallace

Ā  Ā  Windass Ā  Ā  Halliday Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Holt

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Krancjar

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Dodoo Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Garner

Ā 

Replace Garner with Waghorn maybe....

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think dodoo would be very effective to have in this game, he is very direct far Moreno than McKay and he isn't far faster than Waghorn. Waghorn and McKay have been shite so far this season bar his appearances against lower league opposition. Both aren't very fast and that's isn't what we'll need against this lot because the counter is going to be where our goals will come if they do at all which is why I'd also like to see MoH start.Ā 

Can't disagree with garner he's disappointed me too but I think he suits this game More than Waghorn, his hold up play is decent and he gets stuck in more than Waggy but even saying that I'd start Miller ahead of him tbh. Really needs to cut out the rolling about on the floor as it's irritating for me too.

What is your belief that Dodoo would be affective against them based on? I honestly wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting eleven on Sunday. We can't just throw him in and hope for the best as a result of Waghorn's dip in form. He has to be there based on merit, not thrown in at the deep end and, if we're being honest with ourselves, he hasn't started against sides like Ross County and Kilmarnock because he hasn't done much.

He's a signing that we, as fans, have majorly misjudged, I'm afraid. I'm certainly not saying he won't become a key part of our side because I hope he does, but check-out his transfer page on here; we expected a goal-scoring wonderkid, but he's struggled to break into a poor side and again, I'm not surprised, based on what I've seen.

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What is your belief that Dodoo would be affective against them based on? I honestly wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting eleven on Sunday. We can't just throw him in and hope for the best as a result of Waghorn's dip in form. He has to be there based on merit, not thrown in at the deep end and, if we're being honest with ourselves, he hasn't started against sides like Ross County and Kilmarnock because he hasn't done much.

He's a signing that we, as fans, have majorly misjudged, I'm afraid. I'm certainly not saying he won't become a key part of our side because I hope he does, but check-out his transfer page on here; we expected a goal-scoring wonderkid, but he's struggled to break into a poor side and again, I'm not surprised, based on what I've seen.

I think he showed more in the last game when he came on as a sub than Mackay gave for his start. Also he is the one forward we have who looks to run in behind defences. Everybody else likes it to feet. I would defo start him. His injury at a bad time didn't help him a lot.

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He did start against Killie mate but he got injured if you remember, he's just back and is working his way back into the team with sub appearances, every time he comes on he is direct and takes players on which Waghorn and McKay don't do and I feel having dodoo's out wide on a massively pitch like Hampden will cause them troubles.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think he showed more in the last game when he came on as a sub than Mackay gave for his start. Also he is the one forward we have who looks to run in behind defences. Everybody else likes it to feet. I would defo start him. His injury at a bad time didn't help him a lot.

The last game, such as Inverness? You're easily pleased, if so. He's got behind the defences of East Stirling and Stranraer.

I'm conscious of this sounding like I'm bashing Dodoo which I'm not, but I struggle to understand those suggesting that he's thrown in at the deep end on Sunday based on sporadic, unspectacular performances this season.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

He did start against Killie mate but he got injured if you remember, he's just back and is working his way back into the team with sub appearances, every time he comes on he is direct and takes players on which Waghorn and McKay don't do and I feel having dodoo's out wide on a massively pitch like Hampden will cause them troubles.

Sorry, I meant Dundee.

Have a feeling that if we score four we might just edge it! Ā 

They are not great, iffy at the back but will punish us if we make mistakes. Ā We need to play our football higher up the field, therefore no risks passing the ball around the back in dangerous situations. If no pressure sure, if there is then play it long. Ā If Man U can change tactics to suit then there should be no embarrassment for us to do.

50 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The last game, such as Inverness? You're easily pleased, if so. He's got behind the defences of East Stirling and Stranraer.

I'm conscious of this sounding like I'm bashing Dodoo which I'm not, but I struggle to understand those suggesting that he's thrown in at the deep end on Sunday based on sporadic, unspectacular performances this season.

goes for all our forwards I am afraid - and they have had their chance in my opinion.

14 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Dodoo has done more over 2 sub appearances than Waghorn and McKay have over nearly 180 mins worth of football they've played. The guy deserves a shot, especially over Waghorn, at least McKay actually has ability but it's just not being used fully right now, I often doubt Waghorn has the brain to be a clever footballer, he's a one trick pony. It's harsh on him but sadly that's what he's shown this season and a lot of last lesson as wellĀ 

Ā 

Dodoo is a lot more direct than either Waghorn or Mckay that's why I would take a punt on him.

If Mckay was one on one with the nonce keeper he would probably play a square ball back into midfield than take the keeper on and score. Waghorn for me looks good against lower league teams but struggles against spl level sides.

If we play the slow build up rubbish with the usual front 3 we may as well not show up at the weekend.

I said this in another thread, we don't have the players to go out and beat them at their own game. they have more effective players going forward.

If MW would set up like Mourinho did on Monday night, to stifle and frustrate their 'flair' players then we might have a half decent chance of picking them off on the break

But Warburton will go out and set up the same predictable way, we just need to hope Celtic have a massive off day and we play out of our skinĀ 

24 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I said this in another thread, we don't have the players to go out and beat them at their own game. they have more effective players going forward.

If MW would set up like Mourinho did on Monday night, to stifle and frustrate their 'flair' players then we might have a half decent chance of picking them off on the break

But Warburton will go out and set up the same predictable way, we just need to hope Celtic have a massive off day and we play out of our skinĀ 

Completely disagree, if we set up to try and defend we'd get found out pretty quickly. We don't have the defence or the midfielders to play that way.

The only way we'll beat them is to go and have a go. Their defence is the weakest part of their team so we need to be brave and go and attack them. If we play with a high intensity and get right in their faces, much like we did in the semi final last season we'll be in with half a chance.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Completely disagree, if we set up to try and defend we'd get found out pretty quickly. We don't have the defence or the midfielders to play that way.

The only way we'll beat them is to go and have a go. Their defence is the weakest part of their team so we need to be brave and go and attack them. If we play with a high intensity and get right in their faces, much like we did in the semi final last season we'll be in with half a chance.

We tried to play and attack at Parkhead and were picked off with ease. I don't think we have a chance against them if we play the same way. Get 2-3 men round their attacking players whenever they have the ball and frustrate the life out of them, that's how Walter Smith used to win Old Firms, stifling them and hitting them on the break. There's no shame in it, they have better players going forward than we do.