*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

17 minutes ago, borderbear said:

McLeish has speculated 5 at the back. 5-3-2 would free up the two FBs, We look better when they're going forward and not pinned in with defensive duties and with 4 at the back against they would need to sit in on Sunday. 

Fod

Keirnan, Senderos, Hill

Tav                                       Wallace

Windass  Halliday  Holt

Miller Dodoo

But the manager has been quoted as saying 'always 433'

Did he not try something similar to this at Easter Road last season and changed back to 4-3-3 during the first half?

11 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Did he not try something similar to this at Easter Road last season and changed back to 4-3-3 during the first half?

No he changed at the 60 minute mark when he made the double sub. I remember that game and we started off poorly but he kept the formation until we were all over them at the start of the second half and then he decided to change it. 

Foderingham/Gilks

Tavernier Hill Kiernan Wallace

Holt Halliday Windass

Miller Waghorn O'Halloran

Kranjcar cant start this, he's too fancy as proven at the tattiedome and the sheep. Waghorn out wide is a pure waste, has to start through the middle, let Miller do the wide work. O'Halloran will stretch them and could be invaluable on the counter. And I wouldn't play Senderos as for me, he is a completely broken man. Looks a shadow of his old self.

Warburtons team and approach will be predictable tho.

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

Lol I've totally read this wrong I thought it was to help the mora lol. Didn't know it was on match day.

Yes, cause a hampden display on a Friday - 2 days before the match - is what they are going for.

Get yourself along tomorrow and help out.

Ideal line up for me would be 

Fod

Tav Keirnan Hill Wallace

Halliday 

Rossister Holt

Windass Miller McKay 

Tav and Wallace playing extremely high to provide width and Windass and McKay moving centrally to almost play behind Miller and pack the midfield. We need to play a high pressing game like we done all last season and not give them a second on the ball. Force them into rash descisons and play at a high tempo, we take a goal off them early and keep up the high pressure they will buckle .

12 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Kiernan and Hill.

Games a Bogey 

MOH had been frozen out but I think this could be a good game for him, He can get in behind any team with his pace. Would drop Mckay for him. Dodoo on the other side again with his pace. Then Waghorn through the middle. Bring on the Evergreen miller second half for his usual goal against them.

Corner is and always seems to be the defence. Do we play Haliday and Crooks have them both sit a little deeper. 

Pretty much match them for tactics 

Wilsons injured, and Senderos isnt the answer for me. Hill and kiernan are the best we have available.

Still cant understand why we never kept Gasporotto. Surely better than we've got.

1 hour ago, gersandy said:

Wilsons injured, and Senderos isnt the answer for me. Hill and kiernan are the best we have available.

Still cant understand why we never kept Gasporotto. Surely better than we've got.

Fuck it put in Crooks got to be quicker than Keirnan. Be a Wilson/ Weir Esk combo. HILL -Crooks.

Have Haliday Holt Windas in front of them. 

Then just as much pace as we have in the front 3. Control the ball and break fast. Midfield Runner in Holt.  Windass looks like he is a powerful runner with the ball. 

Now just to find some one in the team that can finish!   

5 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

To be fair, Niko out of this game isn't a huge miss IMO. He's the type of player that needs time on the ball to create a wee bit of magic to open up a defence, one thing you never get in an old firm game is time on the ball - expecially in midfield.

He'll be a miss for the next 30 odd games though.

Don't really think this would be his type of game anyway, this will be a hundred miles an hour, I think the pressure will be on them honestly, in their wee heads they'll be thinking about a treble, make no mistake they will so if Rangers get in about them and upset their midfield we will sneak the win, the pressure is on them !:sherlock:

When we beat them in the SC semi, we played them off the pitch in the first half. That wasn't because they played badly... we were a level above them.  We controlled the pace, the ball and made things happen with our possession.  Before Kenny scored, he had a great chance as well.

We need to control the pace of the game and not give them a sniff.  After 15 mins or so, their idiot 'fans' will get on their back since they have no doubt that their 'world class' players should hump us 10-0.

We win this if we play the way we can. I hate to say this but with Niko being out.. who knows... a shake up in midfield might help? (tu)