Ryan Baird/ Rangers

Rangers Lady

I spoke to the Club today

The funeral for Ryan Baird will take place tomorrow in Larne

The Manager is heading out tomorrow morning on the 7:00am flight with some players and backroom staff to attend the ceremony

Rangers are paying for the Funeral, Travel Expenses & Catering, which I think is pretty awesome 

The funding which closed at £8k will pay for a Headstone, Memorial and  essential expenses for those who were/remain hospitalised  

The Memorial is for the Family who now reside in Dumfries, they decided to have a local spot to visit rather than travel to Larne on anniversaries etc

The list is not exhaustive and Rangers have pledged further support in the future 

The family are extremely grateful to all who have contributed and have been comforted by the support from Rangers & Their/Our fans

This is what separates us from so many others. Of course all we primarily want as a fan is a winning team on the park but things like this make you immensely proud. It's the small things that really do matter and go a long long way. Fantastic gesture from the Club and incredible effort from Warburton and the players especially after a long trip to and thro Inverness tonight. Brilliant from all involved but to be honest I don't expect anything less. Class..........

3 minutes ago, TunnyLoyal said:

Absolutely excellent from Rangers.

Also top notch from Warbs etc who are flying over at 7am after probably arriving home about 3am from Inverness.

This event could have been paid lip service by Rangers by sending flowers etc, but this example shows you the measure of the club and the man.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

This event could have been paid lip service by Rangers by sending flowers etc, but this example shows you the measure of the club and the man.

Agreed. When something horrible happens it can be easy to just throw money at it to make yourself look good, but sometimes it's the personal touch that truly restores your faith in humanity. Of course any financial assistance will greatly help as losing someone creates a significant, stressful and quite frankly ridiculous financial burden however that personal touch makes a real impact. Whether it be a phone call, an appearance, words, actions or just being there in times of need really separates the great people in life.

12 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

This is what separates us from so many others. Of course all we primarily want as a fan is a winning team on the park but things like this make you immensely proud. It's the small things that really do matter and go a long long way. Fantastic gesture from the Club and incredible effort from Warburton and the players especially after a long trip to and thro Inverness tonight. Brilliant from all involved but to be honest I don't expect anything less. Class..........

to add to that, what strikes me is that our club and our fans have done all this mostly under the radar and for the right reasons - to support those involved. They havent stooped to self - promotion and self congratulation by splashing 'look how wonderful and caring we are' all over the tabloids. 

Great effort from our great club. What Rangers, and to a lesser extent Linfield, have done for Ryan's family is absolutely fantastic and I know it is all deeply appreciated. 

I think all the tributes from fellow supporters, the fund raising efforts and the gestures by the club, especially management and playerst making the effort to come over for the funeral, has been a comfort to the family. A considerable comfort imo. I know the minutes silence before last night's match was also very much appreciated. 

Once again the Rangers family have shown the class which sets us apart amongst all others.