The Manager

Blackandra

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think we could have been better but yes, he was right, his team selection got him 3 points.

However considering next week there is also a consideration that next Sunday's team should have started tonight. I don't think our 11 could anywhere near cope next Sunday. And it's naive again to chop and change for such a big game.

But time will tell and if it goes wrong hindsight Police such as myself will give an opinion.

I think 3 points were a necessity tonight, so dress rehearsals for next week were a luxury we couldn't afford.

The way the game went once the subs started showed we haven't really got as many options as we might like to think.

A positive is that we managed another clean sheet.

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Out of curiosity,

what changes would you have made to the starting 11 taking into consideration into next week?

That's a fair point. I just feel we don't have the quality to challenge this year. Not just the defence. Garner seems like  a poor signing, and as good as Windass has looked he seems to be struggling fitness wise. I felt he looked a bit stand offish when he came on tonight, looked like he was a bit scared to go flat out incase his injury flared up again. 

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Have noticed that big cunt craigan has taken a step back from having a pop at Rangers.
Wasn't sure if he got warned to stop showing his hatred of us.

Yes - can't work him out.

Is he one of them or one of us?

Is he miffed that we didn't come in for him at any stage?

There was a bit in the pre-match chat where he seemed to get quite worked up about where we were going wrong - wasn't sure if his passion was because he wants us to do well or not.

7 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

That's a fair point. I just feel we don't have the quality to challenge this year. Not just the defence. Garner seems like  a poor signing, and as good as Windass has looked he seems to be struggling fitness wise. I felt he looked a bit stand offish when he came on tonight, looked like he was a bit scared to go flat out incase his injury flared up again. 

Too early to say on Garner, think he needs a run of games, a few goals. 

He's certainly a Dennis Wise 'pest and hassle' type player. 

Give him time, I think he'll do okay. 

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I think 3 points were a necessity tonight, so dress rehearsals for next week were a luxury we couldn't afford.

The way the game went once the subs started showed we haven't really got as many options as we might like to think.

A positive is that we managed another clean sheet.

Fair enough, agree about 3 points.

But if senderos, Windass, crooks etc start and perform poorly questions need asked. 

Another clean sheet is a great positive. 

But tonight wasn't great, it wasn't the all guns firing I was hoping for, and we were lucky they were so poor in front of goal.

I'll take the 3 points every day but tonight didn't fill me with any sort of confidence. 

14 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Have noticed that big cunt craigan has taken a step back from having a pop at Rangers.
Wasn't sure if he got warned to stop showing his hatred of us.

dont see much of BT over here but everytime I have heard Craigan he has been quite fair, now Sutton is another story.

4 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes - can't work him out.

Is he one of them or one of us?

Is he miffed that we didn't come in for him at any stage?

There was a bit in the pre-match chat where he seemed to get quite worked up about where we were going wrong - wasn't sure if his passion was because he wants us to do well or not.

From Newtownards, so I'd be surprised if he hadn't been a Rangers fan when younger. No idea about now though ...

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Fair enough, agree about 3 points.

But if senderos, Windass, crooks etc start and perform poorly questions need asked. 

Another clean sheet is a great positive. 

But tonight wasn't great, it wasn't the all guns firing I was hoping for, and we were lucky they were so poor in front of goal.

I'll take the 3 points every day but tonight didn't fill me with any sort of confidence. 

I agree entirely mate. All I can say is it turned out alright on the night (if a little streakily at times!).

Things could have turned nasty if it hadn't, leading to even more disarray before next week.

I mentioned earlier about the 2 wonder goals that have been the separator in our last 2 matches.

Obviously, it's great that we have that to fall back on in a tight spot, but it would be nice to get a few more routine goals, so that we've got a bit of pattern going on when the brilliance fails to kick in.

9 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Hope ur right. Seems a bit of a wasted jersey just now. Says it all that Kenny is our main striker just now. That's not taking anything away from him, he's been a saviour in a few games now ?

11 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Showing he's in the rut of a six goal season last term.

Needs a lot of game time to shake that out of his system, but doesn't seem able to force his way into the starting line up.

Absolutely nothing so far to back up that he's the guy in that Skybet advert!

10 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

From Newtownards, so I'd be surprised if he hadn't been a Rangers fan when younger. No idea about now though ...

Good info - ta!?

Does seem to blow hot & cold towards us, so I'm never just sure where he's coming from.

Sometimes looked as though he was giving us a helping hand as a player....

4 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

I'd be happy if he gave only our media department interviews from now on and only to RTV. For years we've seen numerous threads asking for the same, I can't see it sticking but the longer it does the better.

Think contractual obligations mean we have to put some sort of face forward (& we know sure as eggs that we'll be made an example of if anything goes awry!).

May need to find a way of keeping it to the bare minimum, or sending DW to keep the broadcaster happy, while reserving what MW has to say for RTV.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Think contractual obligations mean we have to put some sort of face forward (& we know sure as eggs that we'll be made an example of if anything goes awry!).

May need to find a way of keeping it to the bare minimum, or sending DW to keep the broadcaster happy, while reserving what MW has to say for RTV.

Agreed. Living in edinburgh, anyone here interested in football think we're given favourable reports by the media. It's only because they've been trained to think anything Rangers is evil. It's endemic and entrenched in their beliefs so anything we do from now on has no effect, good or bad. 

I know there's many in our support that don't do the internet and still read papers, it's up to the club to give them something else to read.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Michael stewart can choke in his sleep and i wouldn't feel any sadness.

Is bitter as they come that wee ginger prick.

I get where you're coming from.

Maybe another one who's bitter that his trial came to nothing?

Can sometimes have something worth saying (don't push me as to what - just sometimes seems reasonable at the time!)

38 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He is our biggest signing cash wise and gets rotated then we have waggy who should be played through the middle but starts on the right when he is left footed I would play garner andd waggy as strike partners but the gaffer won't change it up but hopefully he will shock us for next game as he's gonna need a wee shake up or we're in for a fucking doin again unless they have a howler.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I get where you're coming from.

Maybe another one who's bitter that his trial came to nothing?

Can sometimes have something worth saying (don't push me as to what - just sometimes seems reasonable at the time!)

He's a pricks prick mate.

Only time i can remotely take to him is when he has his wee bitch fits with his equally horrible bastard sutton.

11 minutes ago, jim white's a bear said:

Agreed. Living in edinburgh, anyone here interested in football think we're given favourable reports by the media. It's only because they've been trained to think anything Rangers is evil. It's endemic and entrenched in their beliefs so anything we do from now on has no effect, good or bad. 

I know there's many in our support that don't do the internet and still read papers, it's up to the club to give them something else to read.

Same as we've been trained to spot all the nuances & digs.

I live some way south of you & frequently get looked at as if I'm some google-eyed monster when I go off on one about how we are (mis)represented in the meejah!

It's also difficult if you're not connected to sites like this and get a bit of extra input on what's going on (journo's backgrounds, agendas, etc) - a lot of folk still believe what they read in the papers....

I would assume that it was something to do with Sutton or a perceived gripe at coverage of us.

Whatever the case, I'm glad he didn't speak to them because I'm actually sick of hearing everyone in and around the first team telling us about how they've learned and what they are going to do to teams etc. etc. for now let's do all our talking on the pitch.