Holt Waghorn and McKay

Bobthemod

2 hours ago, Bobthemod said:

criticising and quite rightly so! He's done F all this season! Everyone knows what he's away to do! Run at them, stop couple of step overs then cut inside and pass. Apart from that goal against them he's done nothing since! Drop him for a few games let somebody else in and make McKay work for his place. There is no denying that there is a player in him and he is still young and learning but he has been average this season. Few games out and hopefully comes back better for it. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKay hasn,t kicked a ball since last seasons SC semi. I think he has lost a bit of confidence and 1 good game might bring that back. Waghorn  doesn,t look fit or interested playing wide. Holt needs to look up now and again and look for options, he has bags of running in him but a wee think would make him a far better player. In saying all that, its our defence that's the big worry. The two that played at the back last night are brutal. IMO.

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What shite - McKay our best prospect, waghorn our top goal scored and holt whose drive we sorely missed when he was out. And you want to drop them - call them passengers  Oh dear!

McKay barely goes past a man a when he does he normally runs into him, waghorns goals have mostly been against shite and he definitely looks short of confidence in front of goal.

McKay needs dropped for his own benefit. He needs taken aside and for the chance to reevaluate a few things. If a player thinks their position is safe, then complacency kicks in and lets face it, McKay isn't going to play out of his skin for a Scotland start. 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... I suspect you think you know it all because you win the odd game on FIFA or some other pc game! 

Too old for computer games.  I have been watching RFC for more than 50 years.  I praise when it is due and I criticise when it is due.  Last night's game was abysmal.  We should be wiping the floor with Hamilton, Killie, Ross C, Ict, Dundee, etc.    Our tactics and team selections are poor.   The last game where we played entertaining football was Dundee at home in the cup.

36 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Too old for computer games.  I have been watching RFC for more than 50 years.  I praise when it is due and I criticise when it is due.  Last night's game was abysmal.  We should be wiping the floor with Hamilton, Killie, Ross C, Ict, Dundee, etc.    Our tactics and team selections are poor.   The last game where we played entertaining football was Dundee at home in the cup.

When was the last time Rangers wiped the floor with ICT at their ground?

39 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Think you're being too harsh. It was hardly abysmal.

Team selection was mostly fine in all honesty apart from McKay seemingly being untouchable. We had a great first half and were fine up until 65 mins and then the game opened up and we started to look shaky. This needs to be addressed but in all honesty we should have been 2, maybe 3 up at that point.

Inverness away is always a tough game and they were on form,  only team to have taken points off the tims. We did very well to get 3 pts last night all things considered.

12 minutes ago, Lidl said:

When was the last time Rangers wiped the floor with ICT at their ground?

3 nil a few years ago is one game.  There may have been another similar result about that time.  The point is it is only ICT we are playing it isn't some Euro away game.   We are now accepting mediocrity.

13 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Think you're being too harsh. It was hardly abysmal.

Team selection was mostly fine in all honesty apart from McKay seemingly being untouchable. We had a great first half and were fine up until 65 mins and then the game opened up and we started to look shaky. This needs to be addressed but in all honesty we should have been 2, maybe 3 up at that point.

Inverness away is always a tough game and they were on form,  only team to have taken points off the tims. We did very well to get 3 pts last night all things considered.

We always look shaky at the back.  I simply refuse to consider our league performances as acceptable.   11 goals for and against in 9 games is pathetic for our club.   The worry for me is that I see no sign that it will get any better.   We have been awful since March.   The opposition know how we play and set out their team accordingly.   We don' t change tactics but stick to the 433 which just isn't working.

Waghorn was rotten last night and has been for weeks, i'd actually have Windass in his place he offers far more.

McKay same as Waghorn rotten, there's a player there somewhere but where the fuck is he ? O'Halloran should get a run of games in his position he offers more than McKay IMO.

Holt, a cracking wee players with bags of energy and drive, his link up play is generally good, loves a tackle, misplaces a few passes but who doesn't, don't see why people are so critical of him, we've missed his presence in the team and now he's back people moaning like fuck for the least wee thing.

Don't know if waggy is up to it at this level. Mckay should have been dropped weeks ago. A winger who doesnt take anyone on and his crossing is shocking. Needs time out the team and made to work to get back in. Both wouldn't b in my team against that lot.

Haliday Holt and windass with Kenny, Garner and Dadoo up top. That would be me next week. 

7 hours ago, Bobthemod said:

criticising and quite rightly so! He's done F all this season! Everyone knows what he's away to do! Run at them, stop couple of step overs then cut inside and pass. Apart from that goal against them he's done nothing since! Drop him for a few games let somebody else in and make McKay work for his place. There is no denying that there is a player in him and he is still young and learning but he has been average this season. Few games out and hopefully comes back better for it. 

teams in this league are doubling up on McKay.therfore making it harder for him to impose himself on the game? what is the spare man doing to help the young lad????

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Holt needs games to get back to his best so he should stay in, as for the other 2 McKay has had all season so far and still looks out of his depth and Waghorn couldn't score in a brothel with a free voucher, time for them to take a seat and give someone else a chance. 

Exactly what I was getting at. Holt was off and I would definitely keep him in. The other 2 just frustrate now 

3 hours ago, cd true bluenose said:

teams in this league are doubling up on McKay.therfore making it harder for him to impose himself on the game? what is the spare man doing to help the young lad????

To be honest pal I don't know what your getting at. 

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

And yet that arrogance denies the reality that ICT are a form team and difficult to beat at home / it's the type of homily that Says we should win cause we is Rangers - ye ken we have a big budget like  !!!  

What worries me most about this is that it seems to go against Warbs way of doing things.. All his talk about players needing to feel like they are close to getting in the team is nonsense.

He needs to be more ruthless when players aren't performing. Waghorn and Mckay have been brutal for months, as has Wallace (nobody should be beyond the bench).

That being said, results are improving..