Holt Waghorn and McKay

Bobthemod

Holt was average at best and topped it off with missing a complete sitter!! Hopefully gets back to his best soon. 

Mckay just doesn't know how to take a man on and needs dropped maybe play forrester in place of him. Thought McKay was a right winger not left. 

Waghorn has been brutal since we've came up. He can take a man on but shooting has been dire. That pass/shot whatever it was summed it up sliced way into the stand. 

I would drop these passengers not so much Holt as when he's good he's good just had an off day last night hopefully. But the likes of McKay and Waghorn time to let other have a chance in the team and make McKay and Waghorn fight for their place. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bobthemod said:

Holt was average at best and topped it off with missing a complete sitter!! Hopefully gets back to his best soon. 

Mckay just doesn't know how to take a man on and needs dropped maybe play forrester in place of him. Thought McKay was a right winger not left. 

Waghorn has been brutal since we've came up. He can take a man on but shooting has been dire. That pass/shot whatever it was summed it up sliced way into the stand. 

I would drop these passengers not so much Holt as when he's good he's good just had an off day last night hopefully. But the likes of McKay and Waghorn time to let other have a chance in the team and make McKay and Waghorn fight for their place. 

Not much wrong with your assessment. 

Yes we won but those 3 were poor.

Agree that waggy and mckay have been poor all season, and yeah a one off for Holt.

You'll likely get slated because we won but it doesnt change the fact that you're right.

I actually thought last night was Holt's best game since he returned from injury.

He won tackles, moved the ball quickly, got forward in support.

Agree about McKay and Waghorn though.

3 minutes ago, Bobthemod said:

I have to agree. youl get slated here as Holt and Mckay cant do any wrong in the eyes of some fans...there young and learning etc. 

4 minutes ago, Bobthemod said:

What shite - McKay our best prospect, waghorn our top goal scored and holt whose drive we sorely missed when he was out. And you want to drop them - call them passengers  Oh dear!

Waghorn really is poor and people will say it's cos he's been made to play on right, but the manager says his style means players need to work in other positions and seems waghorn can't do that. I've not ever really been his biggest fan and says to my mate in summer he needs to up his game and he's not done that at all! 

Thought holt played well enough and will only improve but McKay seems right off it and can't get past anybody at all, one lovely turn all night and that got wasted! Problem is manager won't drop them at all i don't think. 

5 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Waghorn is doing the exact opposite of a player when his contract is winding down, generally they up their game, he's getting worse! Or maybe he's just not upto this level.

He said himself on twitter he felt like he played poor so at least he knows 

4 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Waghorn is doing the exact opposite of a player when his contract is winding down, generally they up their game, he's getting worse! Or maybe he's just not upto this level.

He hasn't been good enough but to be fair he does keep starting out wide which is not his best position. 

6 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

What shite - McKay our best prospect, waghorn our top goal scored and holt whose drive we sorely missed when he was out. And you want to drop them - call them passengers  Oh dear!

Wasn't so much calling holt a passenger as he's normally bang on. But Mckays inability to take a man on and Waghorn unable to find the net recently means they should be dropped and made to fight. I'm sure the likes of Dodoo, Garner, Forrester and MOH would jump at the chance to be a regular starter!

Holt is clumsy at times but he creates space for others to run in to and he's capable of putting the ball away, he blows hot and cold but always covers every blade of grass. I thought it was wrong to take Niko off for Windass, I felt like it should have been Holt as Niko is better at retaining possession 

One thing I don't understand is why after every game whether we win, lose or draw, there's always people just nit-picking for the negative. Enjoy the 3 points and look forward to a big game next week

1 minute ago, EatDolphins said:

He hasn't been good enough but to be fair he does keep starting out wide which is not his best position. 

That could be said about most of our forwards, manager keeps playing players who are better through the middle out wide to try and suit his system. 

Would love to see what Dodoo can do through the middle!

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Holt is clumsy at times but he creates space for others to run in to and he's capable of putting the ball away, he blows hot and cold but always covers every blade of grass. I thought it was wrong to take Niko off for Windass, I felt like it should have been Holt as Niko is better at retaining possession 

One thing I don't understand is why after every game whether we win, lose or draw, there's always people just nit-picking for the negative. Enjoy the 3 points and look forward to a big game next week

I'm not just nit picking at the negative it's the fact that for McKay and Waghorn they have been mince for games now. Time to give others a chance. 3 points is a good result at are hard place to go. So I applaud the team for getting the job done. But I can't help but feel we would be more effective with another 2 in their place 

4 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Forrester and Ohalloran should take their place until they can prove themselves again. 

They really shouldn't as Forrester hasn't been good enough when he's started this season and O'Halloran is a joke of a footballer who doesn't want to be here. 

Gonna someone show me what it is O'Halloran has ever done for Rangers to merit this hero-boy status he has? He's absolutely dire and hides whenever he plays. 

And he'll be away in January 

Dodoo should start over Waghorn as he's the only player that comes on as a sub and plays like a guy who's got something to prove. 

I'd stick with McKay as you need someone like him who's able to unlock a defence at the drop of a coin, or launch one in from 25 yards, so what the guy isn't taking people on enough, maybe it's because whenever he does and loses the ball he gets fucking slaughtered by his own support? Try getting behind our young players, we've all seen what McKay can do with a ball, he needs confidence in his game like many of our players 

21 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I actually thought last night was Holt's best game since he returned from injury.

He won tackles, moved the ball quickly, got forward in support.

Agree about McKay and Waghorn though.

Holt was very good up until the second half when he tired and started giving the ball away cheaply. he's covering for Kranjcars lack of mobility and it's taking away from his game.

23 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

6 of his 8 goals this season have been against lower league opposition.

There's no denying that he's struggling at this level.

43 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Forrester and Ohalloran should take their place until they can prove themselves again. 

Ohalloran? Ffs the guy couldn't even get on the bench last night,500 grand down the drain,bought on the 

strength of one game against us, ridiculous signing

35 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

6 of his 8 goals this season have been against lower league opposition.

There's no denying that he's struggling at this level.

He scored a lot in the cup but missed a good few games in league due to injury so far to early to say he is struggling at this level 

I cant agree with that, too many are criticising young Mckay in particular and he is by far our most accomplished player technically. Have been far worse performers than him this season.

Holt is gaining fitness and has looked in decent form since coming back so I have no worries with him.

The main concern is Waghorn, he has really struggled to have any decent impact in most games he has played, people can say what they want about wee Barrie but he has had good impact in a number of games, Waggy on thr other hand has really struggled. He only has one trick and that trick forces him onto his non existent right foot.

I could see it last season and he is now up against fitter and faster players so he has to adapt his game. I have no doubt he has the quality to turn it around but he must change what he trying to do in games.