Has the team reacted well?

Gaz52

Since the Old FIrm?

We've certainly tightened up defensively, although we still look shaky at times. 

We lost to Aberdeen but the scoreline didn't exactly tell the whole story of that game as I thought we actually should have won it, or got a point at the very least. 

We drew 0-0 with Ross County, once again, we should have won the game but failed to put our chances away. 

We beat QoS 5-0, Waghorn getting a hat trick. Looked solid enough at the back that game as well. 

Partick Thistle 2-0, shaky moments  but another clean sheet and 3 points, once again we failed to finish some good chances off. 

And then there's last night, a great goal from Kenny. We missed a few good chances again, made the wrong choices from certain positions that could have been goalscoring opportunities. Defensively we were decent but still looked vulnerable from simple balls slipped in behind our centre-backs and a few set pieces bothered us as well. 

It's a bit of a mixed reaction, overall I guess you'd need to say it's been a positive one but still plenty room for improvement. Barton being out the team has helped us find the right balance in midfield, now it's about getting the right players on the end of chances to put the ball away, confidence isn't the highest right now but it could be a case of getting Garner, Waghorn, Dodoo a couple goals just to get them going. 

Defensively we just don't seem to have the players, although we are looking a bit sturdier, we've played poor sides. I think we made one big mistake against Aberdeen and it was punished, so the concentration levels need to improve. 

Are you happy with the way the team have reacted since our first defeat of the season vs them?

We spend so much time moaning about back 4 and seem to forget we are rotten in front of goal, waghorn is not up to this at all and it's showing now garner just seems to look for bother than a goal. 

Agree with you defence seems better think hill and Wilson are best of a bad lot and work well. Ross county game pissed me right off should have had that over by HT! We are picking up but still long way to go but have got little better since last old firm game.

Progressing slowly but need to be more clinical in the final third, particularly the forwards. Waghorn for example has only scored one goal in the league.

Our defence is starting to look more settled but still has bomb scare moments in almost every game. 

We will find out how much progress we have made come next Sunday but I fear the scum will punish defensive errors that other teams have failed to capitalise on. 

Not really, without dressing it up with "could have" and "should have", the simple way to look at it is...

We dropped points at home to Ross County.

Papered over the cracks by hammering a Championship side at Ibrox, albeit they were the form team in that league.

Failed another big test in going up to Aberdeen and losing.

Beat Partick 2-0 at Ibrox which was hardly the most convincing victory.

And then there was last night's game which I never seen but if the match thread is anything to go by then we were basically hanging on at the end to see that 1-0 out and secure 3 points.

Sorry to be the negative one but I fully expect another pumping next week if I'm being totally honest.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Not really, without dressing it up with "could have" and "should have", the simple way to look at it is...

We dropped points at home to Ross County.

Papered over the cracks by hammering a Championship side at Ibrox, albeit they were the form team in that league.

Failed another big test in going up to Aberdeen and losing.

Beat Partick 2-0 at Ibrox which was hardly the most convincing victory.

And then there was last night's game which I never seen but if the match thread is anything to go by then we were basically hanging on at the end to see that 1-0 out and secure 3 points.

Sorry to be the negative one but I fully expect another pumping next week if I'm being totally honest.

Hanging on?? Aye of course we were. You can't trust people's opinions as it's always different, try and get a re run of the game and I'm sure you'll see we were far from hanging on. We had more of the ball and should at least have taken another 2 chances.

whst I don't get is this.... even under the master that is Walter we still have away the same chances but for some reason the same fans constantly feel the need to mention it with the current team. 

Did you see the final we won with 9 men? Even before a sending off st mirren were all over us. For years he had Dundee Utd as some bogey team that always created chances against us and effectively cost us a treble.  Infact every team in Scotland always creates chances against us and always have done. 

But let's just erase that from history as it's just a problem warburton has made for us 

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

Hanging on?? Aye of course we were. You can't trust people's opinions as it's always different, try and get a re run of the game and I'm sure you'll see we were far from hanging on. We had more of the ball and should at least have taken another 2 chances.

whst I don't get is this.... even under the master that is Walter we still have away the same chances but for some reason the same fans constantly feel the need to mention it with the current team. 

Did you see the final we won with 9 men? Even before a sending off st mirren were all over us. For years he had Dundee Utd as some bogey team that always created chances against us and effectively cost us a treble.  Infact every team in Scotland always creates chances against us and always have done. 

But let's just erase that from history as it's just a problem warburton has made for us 

1. I said I never seen the game and if the match thread is anything to go by then we were hanging on.

2. Should have taken at least another 2 chances. But we didn't. 

3. Not once did I say this is just a new problem Warburton has created for us. That's a baffling statement.

I did. It seems you didn't detect the sarcasm in my reply though. Poor show.

No i did, the last wee bit.

Won't be long until someone comes along and starts using the lack of goals as a stick to beat Sir Davie with though.

It's like Lee Wallace being the target of the boo boys again last night, i can't quite figure that out either.

The greeting match on here when we win now is bad enough but the meltdowns when we lose are a joke.

I don't think everything is going brilliant but we are making progress little by little.

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Since the Old FIrm?

We've certainly tightened up defensively, although we still look shaky at times. 

We lost to Aberdeen but the scoreline didn't exactly tell the whole story of that game as I thought we actually should have won it, or got a point at the very least. 

We drew 0-0 with Ross County, once again, we should have won the game but failed to put our chances away. 

We beat QoS 5-0, Waghorn getting a hat trick. Looked solid enough at the back that game as well. 

Partick Thistle 2-0, shaky moments  but another clean sheet and 3 points, once again we failed to finish some good chances off. 

And then there's last night, a great goal from Kenny. We missed a few good chances again, made the wrong choices from certain positions that could have been goalscoring opportunities. Defensively we were decent but still looked vulnerable from simple balls slipped in behind our centre-backs and a few set pieces bothered us as well. 

It's a bit of a mixed reaction, overall I guess you'd need to say it's been a positive one but still plenty room for improvement. Barton being out the team has helped us find the right balance in midfield, now it's about getting the right players on the end of chances to put the ball away, confidence isn't the highest right now but it could be a case of getting Garner, Waghorn, Dodoo a couple goals just to get them going. 

Defensively we just don't seem to have the players, although we are looking a bit sturdier, we've played poor sides. I think we made one big mistake against Aberdeen and it was punished, so the concentration levels need to improve. 

Are you happy with the way the team have reacted since our first defeat of the season vs them?

I think that's a fair summation . I've certainly seen an improvement in performance pre c....c game , even if the results haven't shown it . We've improved since Barton has been dropped , and while I don't think weve hit the heights of some of our performances last season , we've shown more urgency , and overall , the performances have got better . 

Weve got a fairly reasonable run of league games coming up , which gives us a chance to increase confidence and turn these improved performances into points . 

20 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

1. I said I never seen the game and if the match thread is anything to go by then we were hanging on.

2. Should have taken at least another 2 chances. But we didn't. 

3. Not once did I say this is just a new problem Warburton has created for us. That's a baffling statement.

It wasn't aimed at you mate. The first part is a reply to you the rest is the generic consensus on here

29 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Almost like there's an agenda init

11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I think that's a fair summation . I've certainly seen an improvement in performance pre c....c game , even if the results haven't shown it . We've improved since Barton has been dropped , and while I don't think weve hit the heights of some of our performances last season , we've shown more urgency , and overall , the performances have got better . 

Weve got a fairly reasonable run of league games coming up , which gives us a chance to increase confidence and turn these improved performances into points . 

Yeah I was looking at our next few fixtures and they are really favourable, we should be looking at 9 points from the next 3. And that's including Ross County away

A win next week could be the tonic we need to really get going

But Celtic are ahead of us just now and it's going to be really tough, they often suffer from european hangovers so let's hope that works in our favour as well

36 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No i did, the last wee bit.

Won't be long until someone comes along and starts using the lack of goals as a stick to beat Sir Davie with though.

It's like Lee Wallace being the target of the boo boys again last night, i can't quite figure that out either.

The greeting match on here when we win now is bad enough but the meltdowns when we lose are a joke.

I don't think everything is going brilliant but we are making progress little by little.

I'd agree there's been a little progress. The defence is starting to look a bit better, you can't argue with clean sheets.

The defence improving is starting to highlight the real problem in our team now which is the lack of goals. Our conversion rate is shocking so far this season.

I've just not seen enough progress to give me any hope that the game against the tarriers will have a different outcome to the last one. It fucking depresses me to admit that.

28 minutes ago, Badger said:

We are progressing, especially defensively, but we aren't too far from the ceiling of the level where this squad can perform over a number of games.

We don't have the luxury of having the depth and quality that gives us a few extra gears.

Your quite right.. the subs are basically like for like changes  and rely on fresh legs to change a game. Unfortunately for us the strength in depth requires cash

I'd agree there's been a little progress. The defence is starting to look a bit better, you can't argue with clean sheets.

The defence improving is starting to highlight the real problem in our team now which is the lack of goals. Our conversion rate is shocking so far this season.

I've just not seen enough progress to give me any hope that the game against the tarriers will have a different outcome to the last one. It fucking depresses me to admit that.

Got to agree about the lack of a decent goal threat, and it is becoming a worry.

Waggy just looks miles off it, he does put a shift in but the caley defenders kept showing him onto his right foot and he just can't use it.

He needs to play central to get a few goals and confidence up.

Garner has looked far from convincing aswell but it's way too early to judge him.

O'Halloran is nowhere to be seen but Dodoo looks half decent but very raw.

Marginally but there's still plenty of clear deficiencies that we need to improve on, the last two wins are welcome but they were needed our start left very little margin for error. The next two league games are at home and we need to win them as well hopefully with improved performances

So I'd say there's been some element of progress but we're a long way off before we can relax

We're still struggling to finish sides off and continue to look exposed in defence.  Unless one or both of those factors are improved then we are looking at a repeat of McCoist's final season in charge, i.e. spilling points all over the place and being beaten by the sides who can take their chances.