Your personal top 3 Rangers

Jamie0202

Might as well start this thread being straight to the point.

Mine are...

Kenny

Paul

Brian

in that order.

Being personal it's important your age is included to get an idea of the era in which you grew up. I'm 33 Here's my reasoning....

Kenny - Best player I've seen live. Seriously. Not the most technically gifted but Zidane would have been proud of his volley on Friday night. Easily the only player in our squad who has proven it at Scottish Premiership level. Definitely not too old and should be in the Scotland squad. Don't mean to digress from what this thread is meant to be which is top three Rangers so I continue...

Paul - Amazing.... I took a French Guingamp (2nd div at the time) supporter to Ibrox *** and asked him his thoughts. He said... "nice stadium". I said "aye and the football team?" This was after 85 mins 1-1 then full time 4-1 Gers. If I remember correctly Porrini made it 2-1 then Negri scored a hat trick to make it 4-1 Gers. Mental... Eric the fucking Guingamp Frenchman said the crowd gets excited ONLY when Gascoigne or Laudrup gets on the ball, but he did like our stadium though but felt silly with the scarf round his neck .

Eh this paragraph was meant to be reserved for Laudrup but I suppose I'm pished. I'll keep this what it's meant to be....

Kenny

Gascoigne

Laudrup.

What's yours?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Nae age ya cunt? FFS. Late 20s I'm guessin...

EDIT...early 30s?

34.  Got to see all three of those guys in the flesh.  Three truly world class players.  Goram was arguably the best keeper in the world at one point and there were times when I actually though he couldn't be beat. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Paul Gascoigne, Brian Laudrup and Jorg Albertz.

McCoist would have been on it ahead of Laudrup if he never went on to manage, pilage us, treat us like shite & mugs and then rob us.

I don't want this to turn to an Ally thread but try and imagine if he wasn't there to pillage us. treat us like shit and mugs then rob us... Some cunt would have. That was the position we were in. However Ally was manager before all the shite and continued after the shite. Don't care how much money he was paid, he's integral to us being the same club which we've always supported. Don't want to waste the thread though... Miller, Gazza, Laudrup.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

I don't want this to turn to an Ally thread but try and imagine if he wasn't there to pillage us. treat us like shit and mugs then rob us... Some cunt would have. That was the position we were in. However Ally was manager before all the shite and continued after the shite. Don't care how much money he was paid, he's integral to us being the same club which we've always supported. Don't want to waste the thread though... Miller, Gazza, Laudrup.

Totally understand what you're saying - I just can't do it. Maybe one day (doubt it) but not now.

Laudrup deserves the third spot all things considered. For me.

Gough, McCoist, Laudrup. 

Not sure what the criteria are but in terms of a combination of how important they were and how much joy they gave me, probably those ones. If we're talking as players. Tough call though.

I'm 38.

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Gazza McCoist and Amoruso. 

Amoruso might be strange for some people but he was a good defender 90% of the time and loved his passion.

Maybe more of a cult hero than a brilliant player but I liked him

Big Amo isn't strange. I remember him being being booed one week then over-cheered the next after oor Dick had a press conference addressed to us telling us how good he was. Needless to say he played a blinder at Ibrox... so much so we all sang there's only one Amoruso...

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Numan

Gio

Our Great Dane

Shook his hand like a wee girl as a wean years ago in ASDA Hamilton.

"congratulations winnin the league Arthur." Mark of the man humouring me and shaking my hand back as if he appreciated it lol.

Cheeky grinning Dutchman eh? hahaha

3 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Sandy Jardine, John Greig,& Brian Laudrup.

Was not an easy task to pick 3 players from the last 50+ years. 

We've been spoiled with the great players we've had at the club!

That's my three too.  

Late 50's so lots of choice but those three made a real difference.