• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Willie Henderson

Jim Baxter

Brian Laudrup.

Late 50's..

Did not have the pleasure of seeing the first two in flesh. But that would be my 3 I would choose if any Ranger.

1. Laudrup ( Best player then some that I ever saw in a Gers top)

2. Gough ( What I would do to have another Gough in that team a leader of leaders

3. Van Bronkhurst, the boy had everything and by fuck he could take a decent corner, One of the many class players we had

McCoist,  brilliant goalscorer,

, always felt if we were struggling he would save the day for us,  he missed a lot of chances but like all world class strikers, do he kept going and his goals arrived 

Cooper,  was incredible,

went through the good and bad years with us, yes he wasn't brilliant every week, but he was magical and he lived the dream we all want,  Legend. 

Bobby Russell,  so underrated by so many but on his day a genius, brilliant player, great vision, good finisher, I still feel he like Cooper was let go to soon by Souness. 

Hard to pick as we have had so many greats, special mention to Sandy Jardine,  I only really seen him play in his last season at ibrox, 1981/82,  I saw him with hearts for 4 years after that and he should still have been playing with us, 

42 years old 

43 minutes ago, tm91 said:

25, became a proper fan (as in when I actually got interested in football as opposed to wearing Rangers tops because my Dad put me in them) at the end of  9 in a row:

Laudrup, Albertz, Lee Wallace (For his loyalty more than his talents, although he's a good left-back).

Those are in my lifetime. If we're talking ever it's any three of Struth, Morton, Baxter, Greig, Jardine, Walter Smith, McCoist, Laudrup.

lee Wallace lol

31, and and Id have to go with mccoist purely from a strikers POV, was excellent at how he would stretch that extra yd to get a goal. 

2nd for me is jorg- living in England I only saw games on tv till 2003 but he was immense and in Europe under advocaat he was a class act with a thunderbolt shot. The game against Psv he took the corners and he would whip it straight to the back post. Always remember his goals against the scum aswell.

3rd is Goram. Again never saw live but his reflexes were excellent and that save from pvh just summed him up

5 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

He was a superb player though and for a left back of his quality 5 grand a week is incredibly low.

Ha ha and we wonder how the club ended up in the shit. Could be worse though you could have said Kenny Miller is your favourite ever player in our illustrious clubs history. Now that really is an insult.

Gazza 1st....the best player I've witnessed live in a Rangers shirt.

Cooper 2nd, he was my hero growing up and had all the skill in the world, a couple of extra yards of pace and cooper could of been anything. 

3rd has to be Laudrup,  the Prince of Denmark was a model professional on and off the park and most befitting to be a Ranger.

Guys like Albertz, Mols, De Boer, McCoist, Gough, Goram and Fergusons of the past were all fantastic players but my top 3 shade them for ability with a ball at their feet. 

Oh and I'm 46 today:pipe:

1 John Greig ;  Everything I want a Rangers man to be .

2  Brian Laudrup ;  The best footballer I've had the pleasure of watching in a Rangers shirt .

3=  Sandy Jardine ;  Class and consistent , can't remember many bad games .

3=  Ally McCoist ;  His goals gave me a helluva lot of good memories over a great period of our history . Would've been the 3rd choice if I could ignore the recent memories .

51 the now , with about 45 years of memories of players and games . My best/favourite teams change all the time , but the choice of Greig & Laudrup remains constant .

In the last 30years weve had Laudrup, Butcher,  Souness., Hateley, Numan, Ronald de Boer, Frank de Boer, Giovanni van Bronkhorst.. Players who played at the highest level in the game. Who could legitimately stake a claim to be in a team of the best players in the world at their peak.... 

And yet... 

Some people still pick Ally fucking McCoist who couldnt even get in the Rangers team at his peak. 

32 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

Ha ha and we wonder how the club ended up in the shit. Could be worse though you could have said Kenny Miller is your favourite ever player in our illustrious clubs history. Now that really is an insult.

It seems that people don't like personal opinions in a thread designed for that well done you.

10 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

In the last 30years weve had Laudrup, Butcher,  Souness., Hateley, Numan, Ronald de Boer, Frank de Boer, Giovanni van Bronkhorst.. Players who played at the highest level in the game. Who could legitimately stake a claim to be in a team of the best players in the world at their peak.... 

And yet... 

Some people still pick Ally fucking McCoist who couldnt even get in the Rangers team at his peak. 

Not a lot of time for him at this time , but 350 + goals takes some doing . Also it could well be argued that his " peak " were the seasons he won the golden boot !

As someone else stated though it's all personal opinion .