Your personal top 3 Rangers

Jamie0202

Just now, Fred H Crawford said:

Not a lot of time for him at this time , but 350 + goals takes some doing . Also it could well be argued that his " peak " were the seasons he won the golden boot !

As someone else stated though it's all personal opinion .

Fair point,  and its about choosing 'favourite'  players i suppose,  not necessarily the best. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch clips of ally compared to anyone after him and the desire he shows to get the ball in the net. That's why he scored all those goals because he actually wanted to.  Look at modern day strikers and you can't name many that will bust a gut to get that tap in or get the diving header.  That's why ally gets in my team and that's why he won golden boot twice on the trot.

to dismiss that because of his 4 years in charge is just childish.

I'd need to name five, very hard to name only three. And mine would all be managers, a couple played for the club as well. Rangers is a club that was defined by great managers, and that is the most important role at the club. I'd go for Struth, Symon, Waddell, Smith, and Wallace. To pick three players is impossible; pick one set of three and another three names come at you, and so on.

27 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Fair point,  and its about choosing 'favourite'  players i suppose,  not necessarily the best. 

Mate , the players you mentioned could all justifiably be included in Rangers  "best of" lists , it just shows us how fortunate we've been over the years to have such a choice .

My main reason for picking Ally McCoist is the memory of how many times he sent me and my mates back to the pub with a smile on our faces. No problems though with any Bear who can't put his recent antics aside .

:D

It would be easier to pick 3 who were not favourites than to pick 3 favourites, as there have been so many over the years who have been my personal favourites.

But I must go back to when I was a youngster and choose the ones who were my favourites then, rather than the many hundreds who have fallen into and will continually fall into that category over the years.

Jim Baxter tops the list, as to me, and many many Bears he was the unofficial King of Scotland.

John Greig who, like his statue still stands head and shoulders above many at Ibrox.

Wullie Henderson for the thrilling displays he performed on a regular basis (even though he was responsible for replacing one of my previous favourites Alex Scott).

I'm 65 now and have forgotten more of my "favourite players" than I care to remember, but I will never forget the joy these 3 gave me along with all the others who played along with them as I started out my life long love of The Rangers.

I'm also really looking forward to the next 65 years and all my new favourites ..... :D

:uk:

Personal top 3.....that's a toughy!!

???......

goram- won us leagues single handed

gough- Colossus on the park 

gazza- most skilful player I've had the privilege to see play live at Ibrox.

I'm 39, so I've seen some great players over the last 4 decades watching the greatest team in the world. When I was wee I idolised McCoist, Cooper, Walters etc. Then as a young man I had the privilege to see the Albertz's, De Boars, Gazza's and laudrups playing for us.

Great thread OP:541:

Albertz,Gough,Laudrup. 29. 

Although back in the day randomly I always wanted Gabriel Amato to go on to be a proper legend and stay for years. inconsistent but on his day was just class. 

Basing this purely on the fact I was always confident we'd win with any of these names on the team sheet:

Goram

Laudrup

Cuellar

I've taken  plenty of pelters before for the last one but I always felt the guy took it as a personal insult to lose a goal. A living embodiment of everything our current centre half's are not.

1 hour ago, Billythebear77 said:

Personal top 3.....that's a toughy!!

???......

goram- won us leagues single handed

gough- Colossus on the park 

gazza- most skilful player I've had the privilege to see play live at Ibrox.

I'm 39, so I've seen some great players over the last 4 decades watching the greatest team in the world. When I was wee I idolised McCoist, Cooper, Walters etc. Then as a young man I had the privilege to see the Albertz's, De Boars, Gazza's and laudrups playing for us.

Great thread OP:541:

I think we found your G-spot :mutley: