How long should Mr Warburton get?

ChrisMcb

50 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We are a very fickle lot, aren't we?

We were very close to being dead, not that long ago.

Then we had "The Journey" with Ally!

Now we're back in the top league, with barely a pot to piss in, and we expect glory in our first season?

Give the guy a break, ffs Bears!

I don't expect glory but I do expect a tactically astute manager and Sunday will be a big test for plan A, or hopefully Mark will have an alternative plan.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very good Manager . I would expect us to finish second this season then as long as he is given some decent money the next season then we should win the league . So I would he should be with us to at lead the end of next season . He has rebuilt the club on the football side and it will take time for all of this to come through 

It's tough one imo i do like him but as some have says there is no plan B and he can't or won't drop players who really are not on there game. His weakness is fact the struggle to buy a decent defender in summer and it is costing us. The whole Barton thing has not helped him also! I would give it to end of season our aim should be second we have a team that should be able to get that. 

1st season back in the top flight was always going to be a massive challenge. The aim of course should always be 1st at this club but at the same time I fully understand that those lot have CL football and can spend several million on players and right now they are the better team but do I believe that will last long and they will dominate Scottish football? No because I trust Warburton's judgement in youth players and how will they progress. All you have to do is look at that Brentford team and see how well they are playing this as his legacy lives down there. (just wish he didn't take Macleod down there before he came here :() but definitely has my backing long term.

There's a spell of games around the end of the year where we play Hearts x2, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Celtic. I think that if the results are bad for those games and we are beginning seriously fall behind the race for second I can see there being serious pressure on him and I'm not sure he'd be able to handle it. 

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Same old shite. Who on Earth do we bring in that's a better manager with a better vision and better application? Talk of sacking him when we're 4 months in to our first season back in the top flight is beyond stupid now.

The last thing we need is more instability. Bringing in fucking Billy Davies or Derek McInnes isn't going to win us the league, if anything we'll regress further.

I'm so tired of this same old regurgitated pish.

Spot on

I joined this forum to have/read decent discussions but there's some crackpots on here! MW although he is frustrating in his style of play he has come in and rebuilt the squad not once but twice. Got us back to the premier league and to the Scottish cup final with free transfers and loans! Now having rebuilt the squad again on frees and limited budget we are doing well in the league I think Barton was detremental to the squad at the start of the season there's no denying since he's been suspended the teams gradually getting better and improving! I can't see us getting a positive result on Sunday but I would like to see them give a better account of themselves and kick on from there. November and December is going to be a tough month with the teams we have got but it could make or break or season so we need to get behind them not be sacking managers. No one could of done a better job in the circumstances MW has had to face 

2 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I joined this forum to have/read decent discussions but there's some crackpots on here! MW although he is frustrating in his style of play he has come in and rebuilt the squad not once but twice. Got us back to the premier league and to the Scottish cup final with free transfers and loans! Now having rebuilt the squad again on frees and limited budget we are doing well in the league I think Barton was detremental to the squad at the start of the season there's no denying since he's been suspended the teams gradually getting better and improving! I can't see us getting a positive result on Sunday but I would like to see them give a better account of themselves and kick on from there. November and December is going to be a tough month with the teams we have got but it could make or break or season so we need to get behind them not be sacking managers. No one could of done a better job in the circumstances MW has had to face 

If he was to go, years from now 'did Warburton get enough time' will be the discussion that never ends, and the answer would be no.

I honestly shudder to think where we would be without the guy.  

1 minute ago, markem said:

If he was to go, years from now 'did Warburton get enough time' will be the discussion that never ends, and the answer would be no.

I honestly shudder to think where we would be without the guy.  

It's easy to forget because we do demand the best but I think from where we were to where we are now just be thankful we have him! I think we will finish 2nd 

He won't be sacked and he shouldn't be sacked but on his signings and the way we are going presently the signs are that he is not at the next level and neither are his players. 

Standard responses are "we will learn from that loss" "we had most of the possession despite the disappointing result" and "we hope to kick on from that result".

We are way beyond where we were. We are nowhere near where we need to be. Beating Aberdeen and Hearts is crucial. Hauling back some of the daylight between us and Celtic is something we all need but too many players are not stepping up to the challenge. 

By my reckoning he has lost 9 competitive games since he came to the club.  Considering the utter shambles inherited, the need to build a new team, modest budgets, promotion to top division  (2 lost this year) he's has not done badly at all.  

I've said this before, I was raised expecting nothing other than Rangers win games and cups however imo any fair minded person has to allow for the circumstances we are currently in.