ChrisMcb

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Smile said:

As I've said before people accept winning football whatever way the results achieved. You will get posters kidding on they won't but overall most just want success.

I have said that often myself, on here, all a Rangers manager has to do is win! Many disagreed but that's what it boils down to 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

MW managed a team - but moving on it's all about the right person for the club and nothing I have seen yet says MW is not that man. 

I sincerely hope you're proved right, there's nothing I would like to see more than a Rangers team being successful playing the way Mark Warburton likes his team to play.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Are you saying we can't attract a decent Manager, we have never had a Problem before. We don't have a manager now that astute in the transfer market you seem to be getting off the point here rather than tackle what Warburton had done to earn this unsackable status.

What is it you see in him that makes you think he can take us forward.

Aye im saying we wouldn't attract a decent manager because we have no money! That's why I think warburton is doing a decent job! And I feel he has taken us forward already and I don't doubt given time and at least a full season in the top flight he will make adjustments to suit! If your not seeing improvements maybe we're watching different teams. 

Have you got anybody in mind that you would like to takeover?

12 hours ago, Baratheon said:

1st season back in the top flight was always going to be a massive challenge. The aim of course should always be 1st at this club but at the same time I fully understand that those lot have CL football and can spend several million on players and right now they are the better team but do I believe that will last long and they will dominate Scottish football? No because I trust Warburton's judgement in youth players and how will they progress. All you have to do is look at that Brentford team and see how well they are playing this as his legacy lives down there. (just wish he didn't take Macleod down there before he came here :() but definitely has my backing long term.

You make good some points there mate...I was thinking recently about the prospect of Rossiter, Windass and Dodoo etc next season. We could have the foundations of a brilliant team if they keep developing - definitely see a player in Dodoo, albeit he's a bit raw. Interesting times.

2 hours ago, KWBear said:

they are not

dembele is on £20k per week. 

I disagree. He's brought in 20-25 players for virtually nothing since he took over the shambles left behind by Ally, and has a only had a handful of out and out failures. 

Compare that against successful managers like or Walter, Eck or Advocaat and it stacks up. Compare it against Ally, le Guen and the like and he's streaks ahead. 

I'm sure I read he was on more, but fair enough if you know it's accurate. 

45 minutes ago, cd true bluenose said:

would prefer 3 5 3 with the back 3 sticking to defending and not charging up the pitch ?

There's a reason hardly anyone plays 3-5-2 anymore, it gets torn apart by a decent system with wingers. 

See the Eck vs O'Neill era. Celtic changed their entire system because he took their 3-5-2 to bits. 

24 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

You make good some points there mate...I was thinking recently about the prospect of Rossiter, Windass and Dodoo etc next season. We could have the foundations of a brilliant team if they keep developing - definitely see a player in Dodoo, albeit he's a bit raw. Interesting times.

Exactly. Really good young core. 

If anything, Warburton is guilty for not giving them enough proper game time though. Should really be bedded in for next year, giving us a platform to build for the title. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There's a reason hardly anyone plays 3-5-2 anymore, it gets torn apart by a decent system with wingers. 

See the Eck vs O'Neill era. Celtic changed their entire system because he took their 3-5-2 to bits. 

Lovenkrands and Caniggia had so many birthdays vs O'Neills team

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I have said that often myself, on here, all a Rangers manager has to do is win! Many disagreed but that's what it boils down to 

It's always been the case i don't see why some try to claim it's not.

He has the right football philosophy and is a great general manager - look what has been achieved since he arrived.  As a football coach and tactician I think he has a  way to go.

He needs to show he can learn from the on field mistakes.

If not then his tenure may be short lived 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

He has the right football philosophy and is a great general manager - look what has been achieved since he arrived.  As a football coach and tactician I think he has a  way to go.

He needs to show he can learn from the on field mistakes.

If not then his tenure may be short lived 

Spot on

1 hour ago, kdybear55 said:

Aye im saying we wouldn't attract a decent manager because we have no money! That's why I think warburton is doing a decent job! And I feel he has taken us forward already and I don't doubt given time and at least a full season in the top flight he will make adjustments to suit! If your not seeing improvements maybe we're watching different teams. 

Have you got anybody in mind that you would like to takeover?

How do we have no money with all the season books sold and money from advertising and food ? so to you drawing with Hamilton at home 1-1, Drawing with Kilmarnock away 1-1 getting beat 5-1 by the Filth away and getting beat 2-1 away to Aberdeen is doing a decent job.

Wheres the improvement.

32 minutes ago, Smile said:

How do we have no money with all the season books sold and money from advertising and food ? so to you drawing with Hamilton at home 1-1, Drawing with Kilmarnock away 1-1 getting beat 5-1 by the Filth away and getting beat 2-1 away to Aberdeen is doing a decent job.

Wheres the improvement.

On another day we'd have beaten Hamilton, Killie and Aberdeen. I'd be more worried if the performances didn't deserve more. 

He made big mistakes against Celtic however. 

I'm certain we'll finish 2nd this year, 1st was just unrealistic on our budget. 

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

On another day we'd have beaten Hamilton, Killie and Aberdeen. I'd be more worried if the performances didn't deserve more. 

He made big mistakes against Celtic however. 

I'm certain we'll finish 2nd this year, 1st was just unrealistic on our budget. 

Problem is our budget is going to be less than that lots for the foreseeable future unless something happens with investment coning into the club and not one off investment like a share issue would provide but regular stable reliable investment like a second season ticket level stream would provide.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Wheres the improvement.

But we wouldn't be playing they teams if warburton never came in last season so that's the improvement have you forgotten we were in the championship last year? If we have money why aren't we spending it on better quality players? 

I'm still waiting on your suggestion for a replacement!!! 

7 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

But we wouldn't be playing they teams if warburton never came in last season so that's the improvement have you forgotten we were in the championship last year? If we have money why aren't we spending it on better quality players? 

I'm still waiting on your suggestion for a replacement!!! 

How do you know that, i can also do conjecture i myself think even if we had kept on McCall he would have easily got us up, he only failed by coming in late and the players running out of steam as we had two many games in the playoffs, why did we not give him another season.

You do know i won't be the one picking his successor that will be up to the board.

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

How do you know that, i can also do conjecture i myself think even if we had kept on McCall he would have easily got us up, he only failed by coming in late and the players running out of steam as we had two many games in the playoffs, why did we not give him another season.

You do know i won't be the one picking his successor that will be up to the board.

Are you serious? McCall wouldn't of assembled a team to win the championship 

7 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

Based on what?

He assembled a team to finish 2nd in the SPL with Motherwell on a lot less money than Warburton spent to win the Championship.

I wouldn't have wanted McCall, still wouldn't have taken him over MW but to say he couldn't build a team to win the Championship is nonsense.

27 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

I was going to post what MasterD posted but he's said it more eloquently than i could.

Is anyone having trouble posting with the Quote function as mines are fucking up all the time and im struggling to post,? thankfully for you guys i'm managing it .?

1 hour ago, Smile said:

All the people who cry for Warburton to get sacked are asked this and that's always their response. It's such a cop out, especially when people are happy to give their opinions on basically everything else :lol: