How long should Mr Warburton get?

ChrisMcb

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

And the brown deal.

Why any Bear would want to look up the pay deals for the bheggars players beggars belief.

i didnt have to look up any deals. 

you said im talking bullshit unless i can post a source. i dont know you, and have no reason to post any source. i am telling you that i know dembele isnt on the wages you think he is. for whatever reason you're still scratching and picking away at it; all you're doing now is making crap playground insinuations as to the leaning of my support, whilst I am simply stating facts. 

end of. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, KWBear said:

i didnt have to look up any deals. 

you said im talking bullshit unless i can post a source. i dont know you, and have no reason to post any source. i am telling you that i know dembele isnt on the wages you think he is. for whatever reason you're still scratching and picking away at it; all you're doing now is making crap playground insinuations as to the leaning of my support, whilst I am simply stating facts. 

end of. 

Did the details of the deals just get posted through your door like?

You a shareholder over by, aye?

Do me a favour then, quote me when i said i knew what dembele was on?

I think you might be mistaking me for someone else.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Did the details of the deals just get posted through your door like?

You a shareholder over by, aye?

Do me a favour then, quote me when i said i knew what dembele was on?

I think you might be mistaking me for someone else.

i said he wasn't on the wedge some claim he is

you said i was talking bullshit

i said i'm not

you said i am

and it will probably go on like this until one of us gets bored. we can do it off the forum in PM if you want mate, that way the other posters who actually use this forum to discuss the topic at hand wont be inconvenienced by this fucking brain damage conversation which you wont let go. 

Just now, KWBear said:

i said he wasn't on the wedge some claim he is

you said i was talking bullshit

i said i'm not

you said i am

and it will probably go on like this until one of us gets bored. we can do it off the forum in PM if you want mate, that way the other posters who actually use this forum to discuss the topic at hand wont be inconvenienced by this fucking brain damage conversation which you wont let go. 

The topic at hand was Mark Warburton until you turned it into a conversation about dembele and his wages!

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

The topic at hand was Mark Warburton until you turned it into a conversation about dembele and his wages!

i was replying to a poster who said we could not compete with celtic because they were paying dembele something like £50k per week. 

you have since pulled me up saying that i am talking bullshit. i have responded. this self perpetuating shite has stemmed from the inexplicable offense you seem to have taken by me stating the contrary in respect of one of their player's wages. 

regarding MW, i have made my opinions clear earlier in the thread stating that i think he is a good man, i like his vision, his ability to organise and manage from an administrative perspective is clearly second to none. however, his footballing credentials are relative unknowns given the lack of top level exposure he has had in management. 

he has done a good job to get us where we are, but i do have concerns as to how equipped he is to take us forward and to make us challenge. to do so will require investment though, but that in itself is a double edged sword as when he has had money to spend, for me he hasnt spent particularly well - can he be trusted with a big transfer budget? 

a lot of these questions remain irrelevant though as until we have someone with sufficient funds who can put money into the club and accept that there will be no return (i.e a sugar daddy) then we are in a bit of a tight spot. 

to sack him now would be madness, but were the unthinkable to happen and we lose convincingly on sunday then there will inevitably be cries for him to be removed. for what it's worth, i dont think we will get pumped. they are the favourites obviously given their resources and their form, but if we turn up and play as we can then yes we are capable of doing the cunts. they are not as good as they think they are.

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

i was replying to a poster who said we could not compete with celtic because they were paying dembele something like £50k per week. 

you have since pulled me up saying that i am talking bullshit. i have responded. this self perpetuating shite has stemmed from the inexplicable offense you seem to have taken by me stating the contrary in respect of one of their player's wages. 

regarding MW, i have made my opinions clear earlier in the thread stating that i think he is a good man, i like his vision, his ability to organise and manage from an administrative perspective is clearly second to none. however, his footballing credentials are relative unknowns given the lack of top level exposure he has had in management. 

he has done a good job to get us where we are, but i do have concerns as to how equipped he is to take us forward and to make us challenge. to do so will require investment though, but that in itself is a double edged sword as when he has had money to spend, for me he hasnt spent particularly well - can he be trusted with a big transfer budget? 

a lot of these questions remain irrelevant though as until we have someone with sufficient funds who can put money into the club and accept that there will be no return (i.e a sugar daddy) then we are in a bit of a tight spot. 

to sack him now would be madness, but were the unthinkable to happen and we lose convincingly on sunday then there will inevitably be cries for him to be removed. for what it's worth, i dont think we will get pumped. they are the favourites obviously given their resources and their form, but if we turn up and play as we can then yes we are capable of doing the cunts. they are not as good as they think they are.

Fair enough mate?

Good points well made.

My point being, it wasn't me who claimed that dembele was on funny money (couldn't care less)

And i didn't label you one of "them".

I also merely asked for you to post sources or i was calling bullshit, which is a world away from saying you are talking bullshit.

If anyone has taken offence here it appears to be you!

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If anyone has taken offence here it appears to be you!

I leave being offended to them mate :pipe:

another point about the finances associated with our current situation is that even if things went severely pete fucking tong - we appear to be totally potless so any chance of getting rid of him is instantly nullified. 

i really fucking want him to turn it around - he's a good bloke, appears to be a good leader and a popular figure, and i would love to see it go right for him and to see patience paying off, as a GIRFUY to the current mindset which sees managers getting axed at the first sign of trouble. 

he deserves some headroom and time to get things fixed but i do worry what a tanking would do to morale around the club. 

we seemed so close to them in all aspects after our semi final win. a few short months later those mutant cunts seem to be light years ahead - changing managers has had a massive impact for them and being in europe is a kick in the nads. 

15 minutes ago, KWBear said:

While I don't think he will be sacked if he loses on Sunday, but like you say if it's a convincing loss and given his attitude towards the whole setup then how can Rangers go forward with him. You say "if we can play the way we do", I don't understand that line, even last season we played the same as we have played this season, unconvincingly, even against weaker opposition. Even with new players brought in, aren't pushing the team to better performances and actually getting slated as a hindrance, madness it might be to get rid of him, but we might have no choice. 

7 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I leave being offended to them mate :pipe:

another point about the finances associated with our current situation is that even if things went severely pete fucking tong - we appear to be totally potless so any chance of getting rid of him is instantly nullified. 

i really fucking want him to turn it around - he's a good bloke, appears to be a good leader and a popular figure, and i would love to see it go right for him and to see patience paying off, as a GIRFUY to the current mindset which sees managers getting axed at the first sign of trouble. 

he deserves some headroom and time to get things fixed but i do worry what a tanking would do to morale around the club. 

we seemed so close to them in all aspects after our semi final win. a few short months later those mutant cunts seem to be light years ahead - changing managers has had a massive impact for them and being in europe is a kick in the nads. 

Good man,we are made of stronger stuff?

It's up to the players to go out there on sunday and earn him the extra headroom he deserves, by god they owe him that much.

Players who had lost their way completely in the game and he gave them the opportunity to become heros.

All we can ask is that they go out and give it their best shot and thats not to say it's not achievable to beat them.

The lack of spending money has hamstrung him as much as his reluctance to change tactics imo.

2 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

The Garner and Barton signings were particularly dreadful and will cost the club millions of pounds. Every week £20,000 goes out of the club for Barton to sit on his backside and do nothing while also adding in another £10,000 or so going on Garner to sit on the bench and be 4th pick striker.

No idea why we signed a 38 year old CB either? We could have gone to another SPL club or used the loan market to pick up a younger better player for the same wages this guy is on.

Garner will probably be punted back down to England in 18 months for a 10th of what we paid for him.

People moan about Warbs not being given a war chest frankly the guy can not be trusted with one going by this summer.

I'm against this board and think they are chancers but the money that have given him has been flushed down the drain.

16 minutes ago, FSM said:

It's easy to say "just get rid of him", but him and DW have just signed new deals, so how do we afford to pay them off when we seem to be running on financial fumes at the moment?

They should never have been given the new deal until they proved themselves in this League as they were already struggling badly at the end of the championship. How much more will he cost us with deals like Barton Moh, Garner Senderos, Hill Kranjcar before we wake up.

23 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

While I don't think he will be sacked if he loses on Sunday, but like you say if it's a convincing loss and given his attitude towards the whole setup then how can Rangers go forward with him. You say "if we can play the way we do", I don't understand that line, even last season we played the same as we have played this season, unconvincingly, even against weaker opposition. Even with new players brought in, aren't pushing the team to better performances and actually getting slated as a hindrance, madness it might be to get rid of him, but we might have no choice. 

I think we can both agree that the players we have at our disposal have been underperforming. There is no way that the talent we have in that squad should be dropping the points we have done this season, scum game (not result) excluded. I'm on the fence as to whether things might actually just click, but then that may be blind optimism, but in my opinion we are way, way better than we have shown thus far this season. 

agree with your points in general regards the manager pushing the team, but if we aren't in a position to pony up some cash for players then how can we be in a position to dispose of the entire management team, pay them off, and then bring someone else in? 

as a matter of interest, who do you think would be a better option at the moment? That isn't a dig I am just curious. there arent a great deal of options out there. 

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

They should never have been given the new deal until they proved themselves in this League as they were already struggling badly at the end of the championship. How much more will he cost us with deals like Barton Moh, Garner Senderos, Hill Kranjcar before we wake up.

very much agree with this. money has been spent badly. operating in one over inflated market (which he fucking said was over inflated) was odd. why not look further afield? there is no way so long as the sky is blue that there were no other fucking options in THE WORLD for us to sign in the summer. 

it reeked of a smart arse attitude to me, a bit "english is best" elitist instead of going for cunts who are willing to get stuck in and shed blood for the chance to play for Rangers. barton looked like he couldnt be arsed, kranjcar is blowing out his arse when he's played 5 minutes and runs like he has a piano on his back, hill is 37, and senderos is SHITE

i just wish someone would fucking man up and say what the problem is when it comes to attracting players. instead we get posturing and "no no no the board are backing me" pish talk and "these are the signings i wanted". 

was previously torn between whether he just wasnt being backed, or if he just didnt have a clue in the transfer market. concluded that it must be a bit of both. remember that clint hill came in EARLY doors, so for those saying that he couldnt have been high up on the list of priority signings, i beg to differ, as clint hill was one of his first deals completed in the summer. MW must have had a fair few knock backs early doors if clint wasnt a priority.

in some respects we are a shambles but in others i feel that we may just need a few things to click and we could be in this good place that the gaffer keeps on mentioning. 

that said - get humped on sunday having deployed square pegs in 4-3-3 holes then serious questions have to be asked as to what the fuck the bloke is thinking about. 

45 minutes ago, Smile said:

So if you want rid of him so much who do you think would be a better manager for us at this moment in time?

And for a change give us an actual name or a suggestion, don't come will all this "that's the boards decision not mine" nonsense.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So if you want rid of him so much who do you think would be a better manager for us at this moment in time?

And for a change give us an actual name or a suggestion, don't come will all this "that's the boards decision not mine" nonsense.

This seems to be a real issue for you, any Manager with experience of the Scottish game Smith(short term), would be an Obvious choice as he would simply improve the defence and get more from the team who are not performing under Warburton.

Even a poor Manager would see our formation defence and lack of tactical awareness is crippling us.

This will be the Boards decision, not mine as i said at the time Warburton with no real managerial experience was always a poor choice. His signing policy is also all over the place.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

This seems to be a real issue for you, any Manager with experience of the Scottish game Smith(short term), would be an Obvious choice as he would simply improve the defence and get more from the team who are not performing under Warburton.

This will be the Boards decision, not mine as i said at the time Warburton with no real managerial experience was always a poor choice. His signing policy is also all over the place.

It's not an issue for me at all.

I just think if you want to constantly moan about the management team and how they should be replaced all the time it means you probably have an opinion on who you think would do better so why not have some conviction and go out on a limb with a name of somebody who you think could do better rather than constantly skirt around it with cop out answers like "it's the boards decision not mine".

Smith would undoubtedly make us better but he's not going to take the job on again and I don't think any of the other suspects who know the Scottish game like McLeish, McInnes, Wright or Neilson would solve our problems either.

Every single one of those guys would be a sidewards step because they might improve the defence but their sides would have their own problems too and it wouldn't be long before people were moaning about that.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It's not an issue for me at all.

I just think if you want to constant moan about the management team and how they should be replaced all then it means you you probably have an opinion on who you think would do better so why not have some conviction and go out on a limb with a name of somebody who you think could do better considering rather than constantly skirt around it with cop out answers like "it's the boards decision not mine".

Smith would undoubtedly make us better but he's not going to take the job on again and I don't think any of the other suspects who know the Scottish game like McLeish, McInnes, Wright or Neilson would solve our problems either.

Every single one of those guys would be a sidewards step because they might improve the defence but their sides would have their own problems too and it wouldn't be long before people were moaning about that.

I think it's an opinion you obviously term this moaning as it doesn't agree with your opinion, i give you a name which you asked for and you are still not happy. No pleasing you i guess.

Smith makes sense short term till we look and see who's available, Stubbs is out of a job now :power_of_anguish:

CvI-VTbXgAAZy6H.jpg

32 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think it's an opinion you obviously term this moaning as it doesn't agree with your opinion, i give you a name which you asked for and you are still not happy. No pleasing you i guess.

Smith makes sense short term till we look and see who's available, Stubbs is out of a job now :power_of_anguish:

CvI-VTbXgAAZy6H.jpg

I don't term it moaning because I don't agree with it, I term it moaning because that's exactly what it is. You are renowned for being the victor meldrew of the forum :lol::craphead:

I would have no problems with Smith at all but it's a non starter. He is five years retired and isn't coming back and I don't think another Scottish based manager would be a significant improvement on what we have just now either.

Warburton might not be the answer long term, I'm not sure he is, but I don't think this is the time to replace him. 

Also Stubbs. What a diddy. Delighted to see him sacked :lol:

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't term it moaning because I don't agree with it, I term it moaning because that's exactly what it is. You are renowned for being the victor meldrew of the forum :lol::craphead:

I would have no problems with Smith at all but it's a non starter. He is five years retired and isn't coming back and I don't think another Scottish based manager would be a significant improvement on what we have just now either.

Warburton might not be the answer long term, I'm not sure he is, but I don't think this is the time to replace him. 

Also Stubbs. What a diddy. Delighted to see him sacked :lol:

You are better sticking with the boys who play safe and don't give an opinion in case they stand out and get mauled by the group. Maybe they will be easier for you to place in a wee box.

On 18/10/2016 at 0:50 AM, ChrisMcb said:

He's been gave next to nothing if he got brenda's budget we would win this league with ease

Spot on. Kolo Toure or Clint Hill. Moussa Dembele and Scott Sinclair or Garner and Dodoo. 

To compete with Celtic we need that calibre of signings. If we were up against last season's Celtic it'd be different.

Yes Rangers should be doing better and have started slow but our natural level right now is 2nd given budgets and even then Aberdeen have been up there for a few years and have continuity. 

Rangers need a quality centre half and striker instead of relying on veterans on their last legs.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:19 PM, graeme_4 said:

There's a reason hardly anyone plays 3-5-2 anymore, it gets torn apart by a decent system with wingers. 

See the Eck vs O'Neill era. Celtic changed their entire system because he took their 3-5-2 to bits. 

well it seems our 4 or in reality 2 at the back gets ripped to shreds with the diddiest of teams ? so something has to change.:hanged:

Spoiler