1. 1. Who deserves the jersey?

• Gilks
    • Fod

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah not for me.

Nothing against Gilks at all. He's more than capable back-up but remember that's what he is (back-up)

Should be playing strongest team always - it's Celtic we are playing not East Stirling ffs.

I don't think Gilks will let us down per-say but this is the type of shit Warburton does himself no favours with.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The best should start. That's Fod IMO. 

Will just highlight how much we miss his distribution.

Good shot-stopper, Wes is a much better all round keeper however. Don't think we could find another keeper so comfortable with the ball at his feet. Regardless of how many heart-stopping moments he gives us, he's outstanding and assured in what he does on the deck.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Nah not for me.

Nothing against Gilks at all. He's more than capable back-up but remember that's what he is (back-up)

Should be playing strongest team always - it's Celtic we are playing not East Stirling ffs.

I don't think Gilks will let us down per-say but this is the type of shit Warburton does himself no favours with.

I agree completely, but it's not just Warburton. Most managers do it now days, regardless of the team they're playing if it's the league cup they rotate keepers. Frustrating as fuck but the way it is.

Gilks doesn't seem great with the ball at his feet and that's our whole style, hope he doesn't fuck up on Sunday. 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nah not for me.

Alexander won quite a few cups with us as back up keeper, 

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I've just added a poll to see the consensus ?

Good shout but I think the wording is a bit misleading mate (not intentional by yourself tho) ... it's the word deserving because even though I think the strongest team should play including the goalkeeper ... even I can see there's an argument for him deserving to play due to playing the rest of the cup games.

It should maybe just be who should be number 1 on Sunday.

Does this also mean Hodson will play ahead of Wallace or Tav?

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You choose to give a player the cup games you dont shit out when it really matters...makes you weak.

I can't really agree with that but completely understand what your are saying but my thinking is it's the bheggars in a national semi . Warburton should be sending out his preferred best 11 based on performance rather than some unwritten agreement 

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

You choose to give a player the cup games you dont shit out when it really matters...makes you weak.

Would anyone have expected anything less from MW than.his word.

Then that's absurd management in my eyes.

Again, does this mean Hodson is going to play ahead of Wallace or Fod? if so do we even want to win/taking this game seriously? not a dig at Hodson, I like him but I'm talking about the principle.