Looks like Gilks starting Sunday

Bad Robot

Who starts   

254 members have voted

1. 1. Who deserves the jersey?

• Gilks
    • Fod

20 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

That's a fair point. I still believe the strongest 11 should play the big games & players can be rested for lesser games. Rangers winning is by far more important than loyalty to a back up goalkeeper. Imagine the uproar if he plays Gilks & he has a Rab Douglas!

"Loyalty to a back up goalkeeper" 

So he doesn't deserve to be treated with decency and loyalty because he's a "back up goalkeeper".

I'd like to think the manger of Rangers would always keep his word and be loyal to players. You don't treat a player unfairly because he's a "back up goalkeeper".

You sound like a complete prick. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, gsa said:

"Loyalty to a back up goalkeeper" 

So he doesn't deserve to be treated with decency and loyalty because he's a "back up goalkeeper".

I'd like to think the manger of Rangers would always keep his word and be loyal to players. You don't treat a player unfairly because he's a "back up goalkeeper".

You sound like a complete prick. 

:lol::lol::lol: 

So essentially what your saying is that individual players come before the better good of the club! If we sign a better left back should Lee Wallace get to play every week because of who he is?

I said Fod simply becausethe way the question was asked.  Does Gilks 'deserve' it.  Well.. to be fair, what's he done to deserve it?  If it's all about saying the Gaffer said Gilks would be our Cup Keeper, then np with that and Matt should start (tu) 

Doubt this match will be about the Keepers anyway.  More about not making mistakes in midfield, back 4, taking our chances.  You know.. the usual (tu) 

2 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Am i no right in thinking fod started against motherwell in this cup and gilks has played against the lower league opposition?

Fod has played 2 games in the league cup but its been pointed out that they were in the group stages which were being used like pre-season, the two split them then Gilks has played the knockout rounds.

12 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

:lol::lol::lol: 

So essentially what your saying is that individual players come before the better good of the club! If we sign a better left back should Lee Wallace get to play every week because of who he is?

That's not what I said at all? Can you read? 

I said that if you give someone your word you honour it. You said that if said person was a "back up goalkeeper" there is no need to be loyal to him. 

The managers word is his word, whether he gives it to a youth player or a senior pro or even a "backup goalkeeper". 

Would like foderingham to play just for familiarity purposes.  Gilks might play and have a stormer- hope he does because that seems to be the only position which is forcing the 2 players to keep on top of their game.  

Every other position on the pitch has been riddled with errors and this is why we're in 4th position- it's nowt to do with ability whereas mistakes are just down to pure sloppiness and sometimes laziness. 

6 hours ago, gsa said:

I said that if you give someone your word you honour it. You said that if said person was a "back up goalkeeper" there is no need to be loyal to him. 

The managers word is his word, whether he gives it to a youth player or a senior pro or even a "backup goalkeeper". 

I couldn't care if he's a back up keeper, which he is, or Rangers most capped player, if there's a better player for his position that player should start the biggest games! Loyalties to players shouldn't come before Rangers winning semi finals! 

22 hours ago, gsa said:

I get where you're coming from. But this isn't some league cup development game. When we win on Sunday I couldn't give a fuck who feels let down. 

Fod is our best keeper. Fod should start. 

Let's be honest, IMHO there's not much between them. Both decent keepers, nothing spectacular. Gilks hasn't really put a foot wrong in previous rounds so genuinely not fussed who starts. Centre half's ?... That's a different story.

If Gilks plays ahead of fods then he has done nothing to say he shouldn't all games played looked commanding, if Hodson plays instead of Tav then that also would be a good move, wee man done no wrong when playing and Tav hardly the defensive masterclass that would be needed on sunday