This is the reality

Deanzmeanzheinz

5 hours ago, Badger said:

We spent more on Lafferty than Warburton has built a squad with.

It is too early to come to conclusions about any cash signing from the summer - Windass, Crooks, Garner, Rossiter, Hodson. Although I agree Garner currently looks expensive at £1.5m.

Warburton did spend fairly wisely last season, and IMO did very well with the modest outlay.

If a manager gets value from 2/3 signings... he's doing well. Some signings don't work out.

Warburton has had nowhere near enough budget to judge him on. He is operating in the bargain bin and..... its a mixed bag.

This has got to be the most sensible post on the whole warburton matter.  We can't keep banging on about MOH and Garner being poor. 1 garner might just come good but although I agree with o'halloran being a bad signing Walter had loads of bad signings. Fucking amdy faye and James lard arse Beattie his last 2.

no matter which way you look at it the best players cost the best money and the current squad as it is are more than capable of getting 2nd and dare I say a cup.  

One thing about warburton though is he should try getting 1 or 2 from Europe, there's places like Austria and Poland with good quality players who would probably cost the same as MOH.

But back to your post it's spot on 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have money it seems and king Won't spend. When you hear the manger talk about bringing in players it's clear he's not looking for a premiership player it's all cheap buys from championship and lower in England. I think there is some talent in our team but not enough to challenge and believe me i hate saying that. People get a hardon on here for windass and rossiter what is it they have done?? Both been injured yet cos they seem amazing and everybody loves them on twitter and sing songs about them then they are amazing. Our back 4 is terrible hill and Wilson are best of a bad lot look at our defence of old and look at it now it gives me nightmares. Our strikers are shite i was no lafferty fan but would take him over waghorn all day long. We are miles behind they cunts and will get worse more money they get and less we spend. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everyone knows that to win in Scotland you need the financial clout front loaded as its a two horse race, smith spent 17 million before bringing us in a penny, Warburton was given the loose change that king had from buying a cuppa

?? nicely put.  Also if I remember rightly we spent quite abit on Whittaker and jig etc and still finished 2nd.

its quite a hard one in Scotland. In business terms it makes no sense in outlaying 10-15 million in one season unless you are guaranteed champions league football as winning the league would leave you running at a loss. So it's either instant investment and risk or we invest as per income and say go for it in 3 years when we should by then have a team easily capable of winning the league.

Where we currently are is not reflective of what we were promised by the board.

No Investment.

Manager who had a low win rate at Brentford and is showing no signs of a plan B in the premier league up here.

"Marquee players" who are past it or suspended while earning probably the highest wages.

lessening opportunities for European competition without winning the league.

Fan clubs who appear to be scared to upset the board by raising the questions we all want answers too; investment, future budgets, redevelopment at ibrox, 1/3/5/10 year plans.

12 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

First of all, yes most of them are traitors, greedy fuckers, etc etc I get that but that's not my point.

May 2011 - rangers clinch the title at Rugby Park - Mcgregor, whittaker, papac, boogie, weir, edu, Davis, naismith, Wylde,  jelavic, Lafferty.  Not world beaters but in my opinion it's that standard of player we need to properly challenge for the league. If I'm being honest I think the current taig team is not far off the team they had in 2011. 

I appreciate the points you've made, but there are some areas we're now stronger in.

I would argue that Tav is a slightly better/similar standard fullback than Whittaker, who flattered to deceive for years for us.

Edu was an absolute bombscare at times, I would argue Rossiter or Halliday have far more footballing ability than he ever had

Weir that season wasn't a liability, but he certainly wasn't the player he was. We had to defend deep to cover his crippling lack of pace, and we lost that double header of Old Firm games because his legs had gone. Clint Hill is probably about the standard Weir was at that season, however the problem being he doesn't have Bougherra to cover him.

I'd argue that Lee Wallace is a much better fullback than Papac, and that a McKay or Forrester is better than Gregg "half a yard" Wylde.

Obviously we're not the side we were then, but we're not as far away as people would let you believe. Spending £20million pounds to win the SPL one year isn't feasible, so we are heading in the right direction, albeit slower than many would like.

Seriously Why are we still talking about these traitor scumbags!

The late great Sandy Jardine said these guys shouldnt be welcome back as they walked away and done Rangers out of some well needed cash. 

Forgetting what we know now wae green etc, These arseholes could have buried Rangers due to there selfishness.

This might be strong because i know its a public forum and tims or anyone can post here, But I actually find it quite insulting these judas bassas are still being mentioned in the same breath as Rangers any more. 

12 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Would take Davis over any of our current midfielders. He seems to keep getting better with age as well. 

Players getting better with age?

Imagine we had gotten half dozen or so half decent players in their very early twenties for next to hee haw and we gave them time to get better with age.

That would negate the need to pay guys like Steven Fucken Whittaker 20 grand a week.

Can only dream.

If we put a spine of 4 £1/2m pound players around our current squad we would not be too far off 2011. 2 CHs, MF and Forward and we would be not far off that level.

I don't think there's as much of a gap between Fod and Shagger as some are making out. If you asked McG to play out from the back and gave him a poorer back 4 in front of him, would he have looked as good?

Tav and Whittaker are no far apart. I'd take Halliday, Holt, Windass and particularly Rossiter over Edu and McKay, or Forrester over Wylde. Also Miller and Dodoo over Lafferty.

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Look where we were 18mths ago. We had absolutely no core of quality.

Rogers has came into Celtic, and still inherited £25m worth of (underperforming) player. Warburton inherited a squad that was responsible for giving us probably the biggest embarrassment in our history (coming 3rd in the Scottish 2nd tier), and the term 'dross' is too kind of a word. 

Time and money is needed. No manager we could realistically get could take over a club with no core of quality, an infrastructure that is/was a shambles (no scouts, shit youth set up, etc, etc), and with a reputation that is/was severely damage..... get promoted and be expected to win the SPFL on a shoe string 18mths later.

Yet expectation is he does exactly that........ we aren't demanding much lol

This. While it can be painful at times, our supporters need to be patient. A lot of work needs done / is beint done behind the scenes as well. To say that he must gonif we get beat on sunday is just crazy as well. 

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Look where we were 18mths ago. We had absolutely no core of quality.

Rogers has came into Celtic, and still inherited £25m worth of (underperforming) player. Warburton inherited a squad that was responsible for giving us probably the biggest embarrassment in our history (coming 3rd in the Scottish 2nd tier), and the term 'dross' is too kind of a word. 

Time and money is needed. No manager we could realistically get could take over a club with no core of quality, an infrastructure that is/was a shambles (no scouts, shit youth set up, etc, etc), and with a reputation that is/was severely damage..... get promoted and be expected to win the SPFL on a shoe string 18mths later.

Yet expectation is he does exactly that........ we aren't demanding much lol

An infrastructure that the manager is taking more of a hand in than any manager we've had in my lifetime.

Maybe he's wrong to do so but the guy is not just concentrating on first team matters.

I think that if MW is allowed to carry on his work we may or may not win a league in the next 2-3 years, but if he's backed in his aims for Auchenhowie then we will have a structure in place that will serve us going forward and will be the envy of Scottish Football.

And I would also add that I believe it behoves a club like ours to sort out our youth structure and scouting pronto because the money has already went out of football up here and the bubble down south will undoubtedly burst, so we cannot rely on buying 3 or 4 million pound players with the aim of punting them on to some Championship or bottom 10 prem side for 7 or 8 million any more.

We either take the hit now and play catch up or we don't and leave ourselves in no position to catch up at all.

18 hours ago, Tav's Bandage said:

Manager might have his faults but completely disagree.

Half of that team went on to play in the English Premiership (McGregor, Jelavic, Whittaker, Davis, Naismith)

Right now our team consists of free agents and guys who were squad players at Swindon, Doncaster, Wigan, MK Dons.

We need to spend about 10 million on the right players to make the team Europe/Champions of Scotland ready.... most likely wont happen as we dont have the cash.

10 million, really, Walter Smith spent 30 million on top of what was there, at least 30 million imo for SPL and Europe.

The reality is that we don't have any Rangers supporting billionaire with more money than sense who is willing to pump his hard earned into the club and ultimately the far from attractive back water which is Scottish football.The sooner a certain element amongst the Rangers support realise this the better.The days of Walter and Dick spending tens of millions are gone and some need to get it into their heads there is no quick fix.It is going to take patience and a lot of very hard work by all involved and the support have to realise this.