Your hampden record v the bheggars

Billy1984

What's everyone's record when attending games at hampden against the unwashed? If I've not forgot any mine is played 7 won 5 lost 2. Favourite game was the lovenkrands final. His winner in that game was my best moment narrowly beating big berties goal and hartsons last minute penalty miss. Hopefully more happy memories made for us on Sunday.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Won 2 lost 2.

Won: Jelavic and last April.

Lost: 2-0 McGeady and ODea and the McDowall one

Those are the two I've saw us lose. The mcgeady/odea one was a sore one as we were expected to beat them. The second one was a non event as we were pish 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Too many visits to recall!!! 

Sure it's on our favour though. 

3-2 lovenkrands game was better than sex.

:thumbup: It was. The best bit was looking at their end once we'd stopped jumping about to see them already gone almost to a man. 

Never seen us lose against them at Hamden 

lovenkrands cup final

rod Wallace winner

jelavic

league cup where Lennon got sent off

last seasons semi

semi where laudrup dinked one over their keeper 

and a few more I can't remember but I haven't seen us lose at hampden against them

even when they had hampden as their home ground for a season I seen us pump them

17 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

Never seen us lose against them at Hamden 

lovenkrands cup final

rod Wallace winner

jelavic

league cup where Lennon got sent off

last seasons semi

semi where laudrup dinked one over their keeper 

and a few more I can't remember but I haven't seen us lose at hampden against them

even when they had hampden as their home ground for a season I seen us pump them

Please say you're going on Sunday?:lol:

6 for 6

Wallace treble winner

Konterman screamer

Hartson missing pen

Lovenkrands cup final

Semi last year 

Beating them on Sunday.  Never lost to them there yet.

Oddly seen Hibs beat us twice there.

Edit: lies on my part, was there when Kenny McDowall (sp?) was in charge. 0-2.  

Mines is actually alright 

Won 5

lost 2 (and one of those we were a first division team with no manager so it was expected)

I remember the bus home last season we were all just sitting with big Cheshire Cat grins on our faces. And one guy was trying to get the songs going but no-one was joining in and he went 'you wouldn't think we'd just beat them fs'

I remember thinking everyone is absolutely mentally-drained after that 120+ mins of football and pens. We're trying to get a grasp on reality again before the pub 

Good question.

The furthest back I can remember is the first ever at the new Hampden when Rod Wallace scored the winner.

In recent times, I was there when we lost the 2009 League Cup final, but also there when we won the 2011 version through Jelavic's extra-time winner. I was there for the semi-final last season - what a glorious day that was - but also present for McDowall's 2-0 loss.

The Konterman one, as well. I was there for that. It's recalling fixtures like that one which give you hope for Sunday.

When you get to my age it is too many to count far less remember. Favourites King Kai's winner, a very very young DJ's header and Lovenpants header. 

With the last one probably the best. I was sitting in row 8 right behind the goal & couldn't tell if the ball was going in until it hit the net. If you remember it hit the ground & then went up into the air and actually hit the roof of the net. I think LOL. What will live with me in hindsight was that split second when I could see the 'Gers end of main stand getting to its feet and I remember thinking it's going in but was still not sure. Then it was cue one of the craziest celebrations I have been involved in at Hampden.