ShaneRalfRoss

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Equally you could look at last season, and identify how few injuries we had with a very small squad. 

Could just be bad luck, could be the unusual pre-season - tough to pin it on the manager. 

Exactly, last season with the exact same training methods most likely we had very few injuries, but now that we are starting to get them it's the managers fault like fucking everything else is. 

Ducking aweful news to wake up to - 

but instead of sympathy for Niko and the team the usual blame game merchants start apportioning blame and can't accept accidents happen - just about every first team squad at the highest level carries a number of injuries - it's one of the reasons why large pools are needed - do we really need to do this navel gazing blame seeking even for this?

That's a real fucking shame btw. He was really coming onto a game as well. 

Windass, Forrester, Holt, Waghorn, Wilson, Kranjcar, Kiernan. 

Obviously it isn't just related to Krancjars age. 7 players have had serious injuries since August. Clearly something isn't right here

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ducking aweful news to wake up to - 

but instead of sympathy for Niko and the team the usual blame game merchants start apportioning blame and can't accept accidents happen - just about every first team squad at the highest level carries a number of injuries - it's one of the reasons why large pools are needed - do we really need to do this navel gazing blame seeking even for this?

You don't think there is a reason why we have a lot of injuries this season?

small knocks and strains turning into 5/6 week lay offs?

No consistent back 4, no consistent midfield 3, also Waghorn being out for a month at the start of the season?

This doesn't raise a suspicion in your mind that something's not right?

Likewise, I don't mean to come across as a doom-and-gloom merchant, but I wholeheartedly agree that this season has been a disaster.

I wish Niko a speedy recovery and hope that it isn't as serious as media outlets are reporting, but regardless, I didn't want him anywhere near that pitch on Sunday. I still have nightmares about his 45 minutes at Parkhead.

Not surprised at all, he was injured when we signed him, it's taken him until now to get back up to speed & that's him fucked again! Doubt we'll see him again if the extent of the injury is true, by the time you factor in time to actually get match fit again as well! Windass straight in for me! 

13 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

You don't think there is a reason why we have a lot of injuries this season?

small knocks and strains turning into 5/6 week lay offs?

No consistent back 4, no consistent midfield 3, also Waghorn being out for a month at the start of the season?

This doesn't raise a suspicion in your mind that something's not right?

You make 2 different points 

injuries are part and parcel of football - as is dealing with the effect of losing an injured player. 

Things ain't perfect but they are no where near as bad as some of the 'blame culture  brigade' would make out - we have had to chop and change the back 4 / midfield based on injuries - suspensions - and the JB issue but that's part and parcel of any team - it's why s strong squad is so important 

11 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

A serious question but who are all these players use are saying getting injured at auchenhowie? I can't genuinely think of any recently?

It's not just auchenhowie. We've had a couple of players injured in the warm up and out for weeks after it.