Kranjcar could be out for rest of season

ShaneRalfRoss

32 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

No idea either way but the story itself is lifted from FF or something :lol:

Christ the plot thickens FF and the Sun collaborate in devious plot to beat the tarriers, you couldn't make it up! ???????! Seriously though better without as many old yins as possible, then those who are meant to be the future can step up to the plate and let us know what they've got, no better team or place to do it than at hampdump against the bheggars in a showpiece game, massive game and not just to get to a final or win anything but to prove what you are made of !:sherlock:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its not a disaster for this game as most didn't want him to start anyway. However from a wider stance the signings this year have been disastrous. Krancjar, Crooks, Windass, Rossiter all injured at some time, Barton being a cunt, Garner being useless - its not the type of impact anybody wanted them to make. 

Essentially if we want to do anything this year, we will have to do it largely with the team that won the Championship. What an ask that is.

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

no, matches are a totally different level  of  intensity. if we're getting more injuries in training than in games,  mr warburtons failing to do one of favourite catchphrases  - 'get the loading right.' 

Two most common ways of a cruciate ligament being damaged; 1. bad tackle. 2. The foot turns one way and the knee turns the other - which happens a hundred times a day in a training session.

As yet, we don't know how this injury happened, or the extent of the severity - so we are all speculating.

50 minutes ago, BareGrills said:

Crooks and Windass are the only pair I would consider as Warburtons signings. I doubt very much he had any say in the Marquee duffer brigade.

So who signed the rest of them then? Dave King? :belm: 

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Freak training ground accidents are rarely foreseen...

You're absolutely right mate, but you'd imagine a management team as thorough as W&W would consider Niko's fitness and problems before arrival and recognise that there was a chance he could pick up a damaging injury in his bid to get fit? Or could struggle with niggling injuries through the season?

After all, when an issue was flagged up with Lescott's medical we changed our financial offer on the table so I'd like to think we've covered ourselves with Niko too.

31 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wheat a minute, oats not his fault he has been injured.

To throw him straight back in and expect him to perform goes against the grain.

Spelt some of that wrong.

Surely you svelt that wrong - not a grain of remorse there! 

11 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its not a disaster for this game as most didn't want him to start anyway. However from a wider stance the signings this year have been disastrous. Krancjar, Crooks, Windass, Rossiter all injured at some time, Barton being a cunt, Garner being useless - its not the type of impact anybody wanted them to make. 

Essentially if we want to do anything this year, we will have to do it largely with the team that won the Championship. What an ask that is.

Last year's lot were good enough to do the necessary last term, sporadically peaking to achieve a few stand-out results.

The way they tailed off at the end showed they struggled to sustain form & it would be hard to pick any of last season's crew who have conclusively proved they've handled the step up.

Some of the new arrivals are going to have to step up to the mark pretty quickly, otherwise it'll be a long, hard winter.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

ffs, just when he was coming into a game.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

ffs, just when he was coming into a game.

A know gutted there was so much more to come from him. People are saying Sunday was not the game for him but I think that would have been his big performance.

it feels like it's just not to be this season. Nothing is going our way.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Surely you svelt that wrong - not a grain of remorse there! 

Rye there was a few mistakes in there, making sense of it was like figuring out a maize.

Gluten for punishment reading my bran of  humour.

By the way, is Niko even injured? Does anyone know for sure?

As much as i would like to know it might be worthwhile keeping brenda guessing until the last minute.

4 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

A know gutted there was so much more to come from him. People are saying Sunday was not the game for him but I think that would have been his big performance.

it feels like it's just not to be this season. Nothing is going our way.

I was hoping he might dance through their defence like he did against Thistle.

Always gives the opposition something to think about if you've got the potential for that in your side.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

This?

Moving the ball quicker and having the vision and confidence to do so is something Niko possesses.

Sure, he has been struggling to get up to speed with the intensity of the game here but he is getting there.

He doesn't need multiple touches and time to decide what he wants to do with the ball.

He fits our system as far as being on the ball is concerned. Off it he maybe lacks the mobility required in a 3 man MF but then again MW is big on pitch geography and intelligence, something Niko has in abundance.

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I was hoping he might dance through their defence like he did against Thistle.

Always gives the opposition something to think about if you've got the potential for that in your side.

He's gonna attract opposition players towards him so even if he is stifled out of a game other players round about him could take advantage of the space.

Think Laudrup in the SC Final. Hearts concentrated on Gazza leaving Laudrup to run amok. Obviously a much much higher quality of player before anyone starts.

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He fits our system as far as being on the ball is concerned. Off it he maybe lacks the mobility required in a 3 man MF but then again MW is big on pitch geography and intelligence, something Niko has in abundance.

With 2 more mobile players in there beside him he can play in that system.

I think he would look better in a midfield 4 though, diamond with him behind the striker/strikers.

Why do we always get folk saying it may be a blessing in disguise or he wasn't very good anyway when a player has an injury or whatever? Ok the majority seem to be seeing the truth, but still.

It's fucking pathetic that standpoint, he's a good player and if this is true he will definitely be missed. Just like the folk that want to turn Barton into a shit player overnight because it looks like the cunt won't be playing for us again.

Some folk just love living with their heed in the sand and keeping up appearances, is it truly difficult being honest?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

With 2 more mobile players in there beside him he can play in that system.

I think he would look better in a midfield 4 though, diamond with him behind the striker/strikers.

Its a big ask though of the likes of Holt, Halliday, Forrester, Windass, Rossiter or Crooks, 3 of whom can be very effective going forward.