Kranjcar could be out for rest of season

ShaneRalfRoss

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

With 2 more mobile players in there beside him he can play in that system.

I think he would look better in a midfield 4 though, diamond with him behind the striker/strikers.

We'd be much better playing 4 4 2 either diamond or flat anyway IMO

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why do we always get folk saying it may be a blessing in disguise or he wasn't very good anyway when a player has an injury or whatever? Ok the majority seem to be seeing the truth, but still.

It's fucking pathetic that standpoint, he's a good player and if this is true he will definitely be missed. Just like the folk that want to turn Barton into a shit player overnight because it looks like the cunt won't be playing for us again.

Some folk just love living with their heed in the sand and keeping up appearances, is it truly difficult being honest?

It means the manager is forced to try something else as for me this year so far it just is not working with the stick on players getting a game each week. Even when Barton disappeared we still laboured in MF. All I am saying is it might end up with us playing better. It may well go the other way and we might regress further. I hope that is not the case. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

It means the manager is forced to try something else as for me this year so far it just is not working with the stick on players getting a game each week. Even when Barton disappeared we still laboured in MF. All I am saying is it might end up with us playing better. It may well go the other way and we might regress further. I hope that is not the case. 

All we can hope for is progression, but we start from quite a lowly position due to the way we started this season so it will be very bad if we start regressing.

13 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Its a big ask though of the likes of Holt, Halliday, Forrester, Windass, Rossiter or Crooks, 3 of whom can be very effective going forward.

Rossiter or Crooks would be the preffered player to sit behind i would imagine, problem is that they don't have their injury worries to seek.

15 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I agree but we must be able to change and be adaptable to suit the task at hand.

The rigid 4-3-3 has become way too predictable.

25 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

He's gonna attract opposition players towards him so even if he is stifled out of a game other players round about him could take advantage of the space.

Think Laudrup in the SC Final. Hearts concentrated on Gazza leaving Laudrup to run amok. Obviously a much much higher quality of player before anyone starts.

Yup - could have been a handy option.

I think he's been better as his fitness picked up - also that he's come into his own a bit since Barton's been out of his way!

4 hours ago, Deanofwright said:

Find it strange that this happened on Tuesday and that warburton never mentioned it in his press conference. If it actually happened and is ligament damage as the article says then he would be out of Sunday anyway so why not just say it ?

He wasn't asked. He was asked specifically about Wilson & Rossiter. I doubt he'd have volunteered the info as we're waiting to send him for a scan to see how bad it is. 

4 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

:lol: Man up ya poof. After the 5 years of utter shite we've had, this is the worst? My hairy arse.

Thats the risk you take with older players unfortunately, more susceptible to injuries and take longer to recover.

It's our first season back in the top flight, a lot of lessons to be learned by King and Warburton from our transfer policy over the summer. The season isn't a complete right off yet, we're competing for 2 cups and more than likely 2nd place barring an unlikely timplosion. As of right now, 2nd and at least 1 cup would be decent and allow us to build over the summer. 

Wait till you get to my age, then you might see what a worst ever season looks like.  Mmm don't think being stuck in the championship was great either right enough.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

as an irrelevant aside, i fucking love the :belm:face. 

although i have no fucking idea what it means. 

answers on a postcard 

*de-railed thread*

:belm:

It means your comments are sincere, for example...

Welcome to the forum, you seem to be an excellent poster

:belm:

3 hours ago, WilliamMunny said:

So many central midfield injuries - makes you wonder what's going on at training

What do you mean? Are you suggesting Halliday is in there scalping CMs? Not sure you can blame it on the training, you can put it down to bad luck and recent injury history of the players we've got in there. 

Crooks - arrived injured

Rossiter - was out injured the majority of the last two seasons

Windass - granted has been injured twice which is concerning

Holt - was injured for a wee while last season

Kranjcar - has always been injury prone 

Barton - is a fud

Actually, come to think of it - Halliday is the only one who hasn't been injured. Maybe he has been taking players out

Money needs to be spent in January for next season. (If Warburton makes it to then) Write this season off and try and get into Europe next season.

This transfer window has been fucking abysmal, how anyone in management level though we could compete with Celtic this season with that squad is beyond me.

As fans we did, but we can be excused. King and Warburton on the other hand have handed them another title.