Kranjcar could be out for rest of season

ShaneRalfRoss

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Allegedly a freak injury while training eh?  And what, I wonder, were the training circumstances leading up to the injury happening?   Was it carelessness on the part of the player?   Or over-enthusiasm by the player in trying too hard?   Or an overly hard tackle on him?   What?  Is anyone from the Club going to explain why we have yet another injury to a player and we are not even playing a competitive game?  IMO there has been far too much of this happening, and going unexplained.   'Freak' injury does not count a satisfactory explanation unless the facts are disclosed - its all too convenient to blame things on being a freak happening or bad luck.   

What action is Warburton taking to analyse the injuries that are happening in training and during pre-match warm up routines?   He's supposed to be good at analysis so why. I wonder, is he not offering us some honest, straightforward explanations as to why we are experiencing a stream of training related injuries.     And messages about this being part of the way of football life and why we need a big squad do not cut it.   If the players are not being looked after properly during training and too many are not available to be picked for competitive matches as a result then the circumstances must surely be examined and changes made to reduce the risk of injury to players.   Warburton should not just be allowed to keeping shrugging his shoulders and passing these things off as things that happen over the course of a season.

Also, noting the strength of feeling in the dressing room after the 5-1 league game, and the way Warburton reacted to it after the game (as reported this week in the press), and his insistence that 6 weeks further on we are much improved......has he deliberately created a tension that is too strong for competition for places so that players are trying to over-impress in their 'hard work' (something Warburton insists on) with the result that the circumstances are created for so-called 'freak' injuries.   Put another way, I wonder how much of this injury is down to Warburton's approach to getting hard work out of players and maybe he too is trying too hard to put matters right from the last game.   He could not, after all, manage Barton's response to the last game without resorting to suspensions and now we have the other star signing injured with no explanation or indeed information about how serious the injury is.     Not good enough in my view. 

That post makes it sound like you actually want Warburton to have injured Niko himself.

Folk need to calm down. It is an injury. We have had them before.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The team sitting 9th in the Bundesliga went to Parkhead with half a team out injured and bashed them up, Bayern Munich had to play a right youngster in goals against us at Ibrox loads of years ago, someone might remember, I think he was about 4th choice and 16 or 17 years of age, we thought we would be pinging goals past him but that never happened and he was untroubled all night, Nico out is a blow but certainly not a killer one, but we need whoever comes in to make the position up for grabs their own.

12 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Allegedly a freak injury while training eh?  And what, I wonder, were the training circumstances leading up to the injury happening?   Was it carelessness on the part of the player?   Or over-enthusiasm by the player in trying too hard?   Or an overly hard tackle on him?   What?  Is anyone from the Club going to explain why we have yet another injury to a player and we are not even playing a competitive game?  IMO there has been far too much of this happening, and going unexplained.   'Freak' injury does not count a satisfactory explanation unless the facts are disclosed - its all too convenient to blame things on being a freak happening or bad luck.   

What action is Warburton taking to analyse the injuries that are happening in training and during pre-match warm up routines?   He's supposed to be good at analysis so why. I wonder, is he not offering us some honest, straightforward explanations as to why we are experiencing a stream of training related injuries.     And messages about this being part of the way of football life and why we need a big squad do not cut it.   If the players are not being looked after properly during training and too many are not available to be picked for competitive matches as a result then the circumstances must surely be examined and changes made to reduce the risk of injury to players.   Warburton should not just be allowed to keeping shrugging his shoulders and passing these things off as things that happen over the course of a season.

Also, noting the strength of feeling in the dressing room after the 5-1 league game, and the way Warburton reacted to it after the game (as reported this week in the press), and his insistence that 6 weeks further on we are much improved......has he deliberately created a tension that is too strong for competition for places so that players are trying to over-impress in their 'hard work' (something Warburton insists on) with the result that the circumstances are created for so-called 'freak' injuries.   Put another way, I wonder how much of this injury is down to Warburton's approach to getting hard work out of players and maybe he too is trying too hard to put matters right from the last game.   He could not, after all, manage Barton's response to the last game without resorting to suspensions and now we have the other star signing injured with no explanation or indeed information about how serious the injury is.     Not good enough in my view. 

Jesus :lol:

Do you actually hate Warburton?

Inventing wee scenarios to make an injury (something that happens at every club) his fault. Embarrassing. 

Kranjcar hasn't exactly been a great success so I don't see us mising him too much. A few great touches and a couple of excellent goals but too immobile in the position MW has him playing. Gets caught in possession too often. Tomorrow we need to move the ball faster and get in amongst the tackles and close down the opposition which Kranjcar would not give us.

Was obviously coming into a game for us but for me we revert back to what made people including Celtic pundits sounding in their pants.  The young energetic midfield and 2 wingers alternating every so often during the game. 

This is what last season was built on and I know we faded towards the end after the job was done but you could put that down to not enough competition for places. I really would like to see McKay pushed back into midfield and have forester on the right of Miller/garner and waghorn on the left.

On 21/10/2016 at 0:47 AM, dummiesoot said:

I would put Barrie in midfield he seems very comfortable in there. get MO'H in there and playing. Let's face Barrie on the wing isn't working at the moment.

This season really starting to fucking annoy me.

I don't know what's up with McKay. Maybe the overlap with Wallace just isn't his bag and prefers inside. He could be a match winner. It needs sorted