Colin Stein remembered

The Widow's Son

24 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Haha angry auld cunt 

Calm yourself down chief. Can't take a tiny comment? Issues?

And yes u can. I know all of our history. Read every day about our history. And if you see other comments I'll make you would know that 

Reading about it doesn't count sonny, we lived it and were there so away back to your spoon fed dinner and don't disrespect your elders and betters.

Go on then youv'e had enough time to read about the Barcelona Bears, so name them, the manager, the assistant manger etc.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

I think you know that most people from the West use it in a friendly manner. To call me a thug and an idiot for making an off the cuff remark shows your intelligence and hypocrisy with that comment you've just made. 

Peace out bro xxxxxx 

Think before you call folk cunts. as It tends to result in yourself in turn being called an ignorant wee thug type idiot or similar.

And i doubt very much if "Cunt" is a term of affection in this so called "West", whatever that is.

However goodwill and peace to all fellow gers fans and bros too.

8 minutes ago, BallochBear said:

Reading about it doesn't count sonny, we lived it and were there so away back to your spoon fed dinner and don't disrespect your elders and betters.

Go on then youv'e had enough time to read about the Barcelona Bears, so name them, the manager, the assistant manger etc.

No point. Doesn't prove anything. Can easily Google it if I didn't.

Yes, you where there but not my fault I wasn't. Dad's fault. 

I should be here longer though ;)

8 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

IMG_0333.JPG

Superb photo, the total Agony and the Ecstasy of football embodied in one great image.

(Only just noticed the background with big Peter and his arms in the air in total contrast to the background Dynamo players body language too).

A hundred thousand apologies to the bears on the list - I understand now that the title of my thread was unfortunate and may have caused some anxiety (depression/panic) among the bears.  I did not mean to cause this and take full responsibility.  In future, I will be more careful with my postings.

Some years ago, I met Colin Stein at a NARSA convention.  We had a nice chat - was surprised to see him smoking a pipe.

Revor Plug and Condor Bar Loyal (in the 'couve)

2 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

A hundred thousand apologies to the bears on the list - I understand now that the title of my thread was unfortunate and may have caused some anxiety (depression/panic) among the bears.  I did not mean to cause this and take full responsibility.  In future, I will be more careful with my postings.

Some years ago, I met Colin Stein at a NARSA convention.  We had a nice chat - was surprised to see him smoking a pipe.

No need for apology, it's a great thread, brings back some great memories, and I've learned some new stuff I was unaware of. Title was sincere, just a wee bit misleading for some, and you can edit it if you have to.

2 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

I am sure if the great man knew about this post, it would give him a bit of a laugh :541:

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

This threads fulla auld cunts 

Auld in years but still young in terms of the timeline of our great club.  I only regret that there are not even aulder fans still around to tell us first hand how good the likes of Waddell, McPhail and Morton were in their heyday.

Quite easy for thread titles to be misinterpreted.

Think I'll start a few more:

"Willie Johnston's Dribbling."    No. he's not that old. Just respect for his wing mastery.

"Tom Forsyth's Legendary Tackle"  The one on Mike Channon, not a comparison to Jig's alleged girth.

"Left Footers At Ibrox"     All about the likes of Baxter, Cooper etc, nowt to do with Kafflicks.

20 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Auld in years but still young in terms of the timeline of our great club.  I only regret that there are not even aulder fans still around to tell us first hand how good the likes of Waddell, McPhail and Morton were in their heyday.

Tbh I do love and respect the older bears. Love the stories and guts me I didn't get to see many greats. Can't complain though. My era of growing up was the likes of de Boer , gazza, laudrup etc 

20 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Likes all gone, have a :541:

2 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

IMG_0334.JPG

What a day that was, you can see the bedlam on the terracing when the ball hit the net in that wonderful photograph. There was 38,000 in Easter Road, and not many were Hibees. 

If pushed I would have to say that was my greatest memory of 54 years watching Rangers, all you youngsters can only try to imagine how it felt that day, to win the League after eleven long, long years. 

14 hours ago, Ibroxholm said:

Remember that game so well, was almost in tears when Stein got sent off.  To compound the matter, SFA threw the book at him and suspended him for the rest of the season.  That decision effectively finished our league challenge and was a big factor in us losing out in the SC final and Fairs Cup semi final that season.

Yes, it was either Robert Kelly or Desmond White who was on the 'impartial' SFA panel.  No vested interest at all in the outcome. Another tainted title and cup win for the 'never defeated, always cheated' brigade. 

My hero growing up with posters , usually from the Evening Citizen iirc , all over the wall . Still find it hard to believe he was only here for four years the first time , as it seemed he was a Ranger all my youth . 

Remember how gutted I was when I found out that him and Wee Bud had left . Really didn't expect that , particularly being only 3 or 4 months from scoring the goals that got us the ECWC . 

9 hours ago, harlands plater said:

What a day that was, you can see the bedlam on the terracing when the ball hit the net in that wonderful photograph. There was 38,000 in Easter Road, and not many were Hibees. 

If pushed I would have to say that was my greatest memory of 54 years watching Rangers, all you youngsters can only try to imagine how it felt that day, to win the League after eleven long, long years. 

Those 11 years weren't just long , they were like a lifetime at that age . 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Those 11 years weren't just long , they were like a lifetime at that age . 

Absolutely. When we won it last in 1963-64 I was only seven and didn't really know what it was all about. By the time we won it again I was eighteen so a big percentage of my life. 

17 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Absolutely. When we won it last in 1963-64 I was only seven and didn't really know what it was all about. By the time we won it again I was eighteen so a big percentage of my life. 

Three and fourteen for me . At least you could have had a drink to celebrate it :D