Get yer coats King and Murray

AlCapone

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

We have spent enough to at least put up a challenge and win a cup or two.

Garner £1.800,000

MOH £500,000

Dodoo £250,000

Barton £20-25 thousand a week

Kranjcar £10-15 thousand a week

Etc etc

Show me a gaffer at any other club in Scotland bar "them" that's had anything near that amount of spending over the last 15 months or so.

Problem with looking at the other clubs is they don't get teams playing out of their skins against them every week so we need better players than they do.

Septic now have one years champions league money and who knows 12 months from now they might have the same again do you really believe what you have outlined above will be anything like enough to compete? 

26 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're obviously happy playing second fiddle to the scum and a few others the way things are going for the foreseeable future.

The only money king spent last summer is ours and god help us when that runs out. He's fucking pratted, but he has made sure if it all goes pete tong, it's a win/win for him and a lose/lose for the rest.

Who said anything about being happy?  How can we be happy playing second fiddle to that lot??  However, I'm not going to let it cloud my view that there's a much bigger picture around the whole future of my club.  If there are better people out there with greater financial clout who don't mind throwing money away then get them in.  I'm all for it!!!!  I get the impression you know where they are and have a plan?

Anyway, whilst I'm waiting (and in their absence), I'm a realist who wants the best for my club from the people who currently have stewardship. I want it built on solid foundations so that when an investor or creditor decides they want their money back from the club it doesn't cripple us.  From what I see, this is what's being attempted, with still some hurdles to be gotten over on the way there.  The thing about people like me who want us to succeed is we don't want to do it by risking the very club.  Been there, done that, look where it got us.  Some great times we'll never forget, but almost got us killed.  

And you want us to chase after them by throwing money we don't have that doesn't guarantee success anyway? Or you want investors to do likewise?  You're as well buying a one way ticket to where we've just came from.

1 minute ago, MolsGoals said:

Who exactly is it that we want in to replace King?

I don't exactly see a great deal of potential investors enquiring about their desire to plow money into us!

You're not seeing any investors? why would you? do they inform you first?

37 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Selective reading - idiot.

Where have I been selective? I fully acknowledge the first quote but can also see that it's in no way a "promise" to invest a particular sum of money. 

It's always easy to see when someone hasn't a fucking clue what it is they are going on about, they'll quickly resort to childish insults and petty name-calling. That's one of the two so far. :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

What I don't understand is coming on here having a go at King for not spending zillions on players then in the next paragraph say that the manager would more or less waste that money anyway?

On a side note you get rid of King then Fat Ashley takes over again take your pick?  No one is coming into Rangers with a big vat of money and it's about time people understand that and stop advocating we spend our way out of this.

We need a good manager who can spot bargain players and make our existing players better with good coaching and tactis short term. The answer is not running up £30,000,000 debts to beat them for one season.

Yeah but you are saying that with a massive degree of hindsight because it's now apparent that Warbuton may not be the great manager people thought he was.

This will now be the next fantastic excuse for the King can do wrong brigade "ah but we see now Warburton hasn't got it - so therefore he was totally correct - well played King" .. the same way some idiots stand up for the rhats that abandoned us in 2012 saying "Yeah but Green turned out to be a bad egg anyway" as if to justify it - all with a fantasticc degree of hindsight and getting people who's fucked us over or lied to us right off the hook in the process.

That does not mean for one minute that King has invested sufficiant money in the playing side or that he even looks likely to do so.

Having slept on it, what I think is best is give Warburton the season and that's his wack and have a new manager in mind with some good cash behind him - although even if the manager changed, I can't see King changing. Therin lies the problem - he either doesn't have the money or does and lied about spending it.

33 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Garner £1.800,000

MOH £500,000

Dodoo £250,000

Etc etc

Show me a gaffer at any other club in Scotland bar "them" that's had anything near that amount of spending over the last 15 months or so.

Every person that has bought a season ticket has covered that.

Kings not put in a penny

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah but you are saying that with a massive degree of hindsight because it's not apparent that Warbuton may not be the great manager people thought he was.

That does not mean for one minute that King has invested sufficiant money in the playing side or that he even looks likely to do so.

Having slept on it, what I think is best is give Warburton the season and that's his wack and have a new manager in mind with some good cash behind him - although even if the manager changed, I can't see King changing. Therin lies the problem - he either doesn't have the money or does and lied about spending it.

The only thing I would say is if we could get next years champions league money whatever we invested now to make that happen would be well worth it ... that's what desmo did with rodgers and so far it seems to be working. The truth is second place in Scotland has always been nothing but with the only real source of income the CL it's never been more true than it is now  

37 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Garner £1.800,000

MOH £500,000

Dodoo £250,000

Etc etc

That's nowhere near enough. In fact when you lay it out like that it proves everyone's points that you can't compete with that outlay.

Should be more than enough to see off Aberdeen and Hearts - it isn't (currently) - that's where Warburton is at fault.

Nowhere near enough to topple Celtic and get into the Champions League - that's where King's at fault.

The problem is 2-fold. It's a combination of both Warburton and King. Both of them so far this season have failed at their jobs.

As for Jo Dodoo - He wouldn't get a game for Hearts or Aberdeen. He's utter pish.

We're a fucking shambles both on and off the pitch and are actually going backwards under Warburton.

King obviously doesn't the money to take us forward or to mount any meaningful title challenge, Potless and Gilligan bring absolutely fuck all to the table. The silence from the paid hands is fucking deafening, which considering how vocal they were previously...

Anything from C1872 yet? A statement maybe reminding King of his promises :rolleyes:

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where have I been selective? I fully acknowledge the first quote but can also see that it's in no way a "promise" to invest a particular sum of money. 

It's always easy to see when someone hasn't a fucking clue what it is they are going on about, they'll quickly resort to childish insults and petty name-calling. That's one of the two so far. :rolleyes:

You are unable to grasp that what the guy has committed to must not be upheld - he said it for a very good reason, and that was to win the support of the Rangers supporters - and get him into the Ibrox topseat - he's achieved that, now whatever he has said must be ignored.  Doesn't work like that.

And I have mentioned previously that this is boring now - yet you're still going on about it - give it up man - your Shoot stuff is brilliant, let's leave it at that.

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's nowhere near enough. In fact when you lay it out like that it proves everyone's points that you can't compete with that outlay.

Should be more than enough to see off Aberdeen and Hearts - it isn't (currently) - that's where Warburton is at fault.

Nowhere near enough to topple Celtic and get into the Champions League - that's where King's at fault.

The problem is 2-fold. It's a combination of both Warburton and King. Both of them so far this season have failed at their jobs.

As for Jo Dodoo - He wouldn't get a game for Hearts or Aberdeen. He's utter pish.

Dodoo will prove you wrong. I'll remind you of this one day. (tu)

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Please do - someone (Skyson I think?) a couple of weeks ago said something similar to me that he'd come good.

I'm not usually one to say I told you so but might do it with this guy as he's absolutely honkin'

How long do you want to give him? end of the season?

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

cant see it. in order to prove anyone wrong he would have to get a game. warburton has his favourites, and for all he waxes lyrical about everyone getting a chance, and using the squad, he sure as fuck likes to rely on the same players over and over even if they're playing fucking shite.

i.e. mckay. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Please do - someone (Skyson I think?) a couple of weeks ago said something similar to me that he'd come good.

I'm not usually one to say I told you so but might do it with this guy as he's absolutely honkin'

How long do you want to give him? end of the season?

He should be on instead of McKay- he was more creative in 10 minutes than Barrie has been in 10 games.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

He should be on instead of McKay- he was more creative in 10 minutes than Barrie has been in 10 games.

he won't play ahead of mckay. MW seems to be in absolute denial regards the form of certain players and is utterly fucking blind when it comes to making changes. 

be delighted to see him switch it up and stick with it for a while as what he is currently fielding is not working. we are going backwards and warburton looks clueless as fuck. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree there - but that's not saying anything at all let's face it. McKay is one of the worst players we've had in recent years. He's slightly better than Ortiz was.

Every bit the Morton player he was previously.

6 minutes ago, KWBear said:

he won't play ahead of mckay. MW seems to be in absolute denial regards the form of certain players and is utterly fucking blind when it comes to making changes. 

be delighted to see him switch it up and stick with it for a while as what he is currently fielding is not working. we are going backwards and warburton looks clueless as fuck. 

I don't think the manager has a choice. Waghorn can get better- a hamstring can hit a player's confidence because of the sudden nature of that kind of injury, but can McKay be consistent? A player needs to be a consistent performer at Rangers; which is why some really good players who came with a good reputation have failed at this club; he needs to be a consistent performer or he will not have a future at Rangers. I'd definitely play Dodoo instead of McKay for the nest few matches, and then it should be up to Barrie to play his way back and prove he has the ability to play for us.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree there - but that's not saying anything at all let's face it. McKay is one of the worst players we've had in recent years. He's slightly better than Ortiz was.

Every bit the Morton player he was previously.

Last season he had a dip midway through, but he got the consistency back and showed a bit of character in this regard. Can he do it at this level? I think we will find that out this season, but Dodoo should be given his chance with Barrie having to play his way back from the bench.

We need money.

Signing £250k players will keep us at the level we are at - maybe unearth the odd gem - but it will not improve us much. Yes bargain are out there but it is a risky (and competitive) market as everyone is looking and, lets be honest, most potential bargains don't work out.

We need to be signing £1, 2, 3, 4 million pound guys to get us back to winning 55. To say otherwise is relying on Celtic messing up. In Rodgers they have a good manager, they have a good squad (assembled at a cost 5x more than ourselves) and have a wage budget 3-4x greater than our own. It would take extraordinary incompetance from them to allow us to better them should the status quo remain.

That is before even taking MW and his ability into account.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

We need money.

Signing £250k players will keep us at the level we are at - maybe unearth the odd gem - but it will not improve us much. Yes bargain are out there but it is a risky (and competitive) market as everyone is looking and, lets be honest, most potential bargains don't work out.

We need to be signing £1, 2, 3, 4 million pound guys to get us back to winning 55. To say otherwise is relying on Celtic messing up. In Rodgers they have a good manager, they have a good squad (assembled at a cost 5x more than ourselves) and have a wage budget 3-4x greater than our own. It would take extraordinary incompetance from them to allow us to better them should the status quo remain.

That is before even taking MW and his ability into account.

One of the things that Walter made a point in doing was setting aside his budget for Jelavic; he made the difference between winning and not winning. Those are the players we either create ourselves, or we need to invest in. I think a really creative midfielder would make a huge difference to this side.

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

Garner £1.800,000

MOH £500,000

Dodoo £250,000

Etc etc

And we're not even second. What does that tell us?!

22 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

One of the things that Walter made a point in doing was setting aside his budget for Jelavic; he made the difference between winning and not winning. Those are the players we either create ourselves, or we need to invest in. I think a really creative midfielder would make a huge difference to this side.

I agree completely.

Jelavic cost £4m but it was clear he was the type of player who could turn a 1-1 into a 2-1. He scored goals that dug us out holes and won games.

But stating the obvious, Jelavic wouldn't be effective without a decent supporting cast, and that also costs money, and.... when Jelavic was injured we could turn to proven international quality on the bench.... that also costs money.

Our squad then had strength, depth and quality. Now it's filled with guys that are worth.... about £250k.

In 2010 we didn't need to play well to get 3pts, we had quality that could scrape a result most weeks, regardless of performances. Fast forward to today and even playing well doesn't guarantee a win, as we simply don't have the quality of player to turn good play into a result - in the games where we are just average, then it us much harder to get a win than in 2010, and points get dropped. That for me is the difference. We still have 2010 expectation with much, much less quality.