Get yer coats King and Murray

AlCapone

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

And we're not even second. What does that tell us?!

Yet m8, think we will be and unfortunately this is all can focus for this year. Oh and settle for Scottish cup too.

Yes agree Love King to stick 'more' money into the club but can't get back to previous scenario. 

Next year has to be a game changer once see how far we are against others. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

One of the things that Walter made a point in doing was setting aside his budget for Jelavic; he made the difference between winning and not winning. Those are the players we either create ourselves, or we need to invest in. I think a really creative midfielder would make a huge difference to this side.

Very true although in the same summer he spent 1.3 million on James Beattie which was probably the remainder of the budget, one of the worst transfer decisions Walter made surely 

7 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

Yet m8, think we will be and unfortunately this is all can focus for this year. Oh and settle for Scottish cup too.

Yes agree Love King to stick 'more' money into the club but can't get back to previous scenario.

Yes but this is where we have to be strategic and already be planning for next season. They are miles ahead and will spend big again. What are our board going to do to combat it?

7 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

What "previous scenario"? we went bust due to Whyte's with-holding of tax and national insurance. Our previous spending levels, our debt was getting managed and we were turning profits in the accounts.

If we don't spend cash in getting this team upto where we should be, then forget challenging Celtic for titles or playing in the Champions League ever again. That's the actual reality. Some Rangers fans need to face upto this and take their heads out of the sand.

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Yes but this is where we have to be strategic and already be planning for next season. They are miles ahead and will spend big again. What are our board going to do to combat it?

Why don't we spend recklessly with money we don't have.

Or borrow some.

Or maybe not pay tax?

?

3 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Why don't we spend recklessly with money we don't have.

Or borrow some.

Or maybe not pay tax?

?

I accept we don't have it. That looks to be a fact.

But why does it get fudged over? why don't we have it when King said he does (and promised it) ?

Why does this keep getting glossed over? if we don't have it, like you say, are you saying King's lied?

It can't be both (no money and he's not lied)

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I accept we don't have it. That looks to be a fact.

But why does it get fudged over? why don't we have it when King said he does (and promised it) ?

Why does this keep getting glossed over? if we don't have it, like you say, are you saying King's lied?

It can't be both (no money and he's not lied)

I don't think it does get fudged over, I think the quote often referred to has been misunderstood and taken out of context.  And I don't believe it was ever "promised".  There was talk of how much would be needed and I took the figures (at the time) as speculative and not promised.   They were answers to very specific questions, like "How much do you think it would take.....".  I also took the answers to be with respect to the whole club, not just on players.  You know, management structure, scouting, coaching, youth, infrastructure etc etc, "....to get the club back to where it was".

Another thing said, that is all but ignored (because of the mythical misunderstood £30m) was the desire for us to be self-sustaining, as in live within our means so it could never happen again (paraphrasing - but it's been said), and that's what I really want, and that's perhaps the driving factor for this board, and rightly so.  I don't want to EVER be in the position we were in again.

Another thing he said is that he thought he could get others to invest also.  So far, he and a few others, have provided loans/cash injections that will be converted to shares at a later date, i.e. investment.  Can't put a figure on it but I'm sure @The Dude did recently somewhere else, but it's more than most people are aware of and getting there.  But then most people don't seem to be interested in anything other than the first team and that's where they want the money spent.  Fair enough, but you can't have the first team without the supporting infrastructure,  And yes, I'm hopeful there's more to come now we are starting to see the size of the task more clearly.

I think King is sometimes guilty of speaking before thinking, and did on that occasion...thinking out loud is sometimes not the best policy.  As I see it, the club is being taken in the direction I want, forwards and on a sustainable footing.  Despite some hurdles to get over yet, I'm behind what's going on at the moment.  That said, if there are any investors willing to pump money they're prepared to lose without worrying about a return, I'm all for it.  

3 hours ago, AlCapone said:

its the boards responsibilty to fund a team capable of winning the league, not mine

You didn't ask the board to fund a team , you told them to get their  jackets even though they're THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN ,which only adds to the problem. Let's get this staight 

1. Our previous owners were a DISGRACE.

2. King done us a favour by helping to get rid of them out of a sense of duty.

3.King needs Rangers like a hole in the head.

4.Our finances won't be sorted any time soon so we better show some patience.

5. Their is ABSOLUTELY  no one out there interested in throwing millions at an SPL club .

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You didn't ask the board to fund a team , you told them to get their  jackets even though they're THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN ,which only adds to the problem. Let's get this staight 

1. Our previous owners were a DISGRACE.

2. King done us a favour by helping to get rid of them out of a sense of duty.

3.King needs Rangers like a hole in the head.

4.Our finances won't be sorted any time soon so we better show some patience.

5. Their is ABSOLUTELY  no one out their interested in throwing millions at an SPL club .

The board can't just forever live off not being Llambias and the Easdales mate, they need to be judged on how the club moves forward 

Comparing walter and warburton is pointless. Walter already had a team capable of winning (or at least truly competing for) the premiership as a base to start. Warburton had a failed Championship squad full of chancers. The delta between where Waburton is and where he needs to be is so much greater - and with a fraction of the budget.

6 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

The board can't just forever live off not being Llambias and the Easdales mate, they need to be judged on how the club moves forward 

True but it's still early days for them and imo we should give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I'm more concerned by the manager at the moment who seems to be losing his way.

2 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

I don't think it does get fudged over, I think the quote often referred to has been misunderstood and taken out of context.  And I don't believe it was ever "promised".  There was talk of how much would be needed and I took the figures (at the time) as speculative and not promised.   They were answers to very specific questions, like "How much do you think it would take.....".  I also took the answers to be with respect to the whole club, not just on players.  You know, management structure, scouting, coaching, youth, infrastructure etc etc, "....to get the club back to where it was".

Another thing said, that is all but ignored (because of the mythical misunderstood £30m) was the desire for us to be self-sustaining, as in live within our means so it could never happen again (paraphrasing - but it's been said), and that's what I really want, and that's perhaps the driving factor for this board, and rightly so.  I don't want to EVER be in the position we were in again.

Another thing he said is that he thought he could get others to invest also.  So far, he and a few others, have provided loans/cash injections that will be converted to shares at a later date, i.e. investment.  Can't put a figure on it but I'm sure @The Dude did recently somewhere else, but it's more than most people are aware of and getting there.  But then most people don't seem to be interested in anything other than the first team and that's where they want the money spent.  Fair enough, but you can't have the first team without the supporting infrastructure,  And yes, I'm hopeful there's more to come now we are starting to see the size of the task more clearly.

I think King is sometimes guilty of speaking before thinking, and did on that occasion...thinking out loud is sometimes not the best policy.  As I see it, the club is being taken in the direction I want, forwards and on a sustainable footing.  Despite some hurdles to get over yet, I'm behind what's going on at the moment.  That said, if there are any investors willing to pump money they're prepared to lose without worrying about a return, I'm all for it.  

In other words we're fucked?

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

True but it's still early days for them and imo we should give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I'm more concerned by the manager at the moment who seems to be losing his way.

Early days????? It's fucking two years in March!

21 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's nowhere near enough. In fact when you lay it out like that it proves everyone's points that you can't compete with that outlay.

Should be more than enough to see off Aberdeen and Hearts - it isn't (currently) - that's where Warburton is at fault.

Nowhere near enough to topple Celtic and get into the Champions League - that's where King's at fault.

The problem is 2-fold. It's a combination of both Warburton and King. Both of them so far this season have failed at their jobs.

As for Jo Dodoo - He wouldn't get a game for Hearts or Aberdeen. He's utter pish.

If only it was that easy to just pull out £10m and give it to the manager.

Firstly the club will run at a loss this season so that's money the board will have to stump up just to keep the lights on.

Secondly if you spend £10m in fee's your adding about the same amount to the wage bill and the club goes more into the red. Who then pays for that?

1 hour ago, Albertz 78 said:

If only it was that easy to just pull out £10m and give it to the manager.

Firstly the club will run at a loss this season so that's money the board will have to stump up just to keep the lights on.

Secondly if you spend £10m in fee's your adding about the same amount to the wage bill and the club goes more into the red. Who then pays for that?

the board wont stump it up, they will get further loans. Its the boards job and responsibilty to source and provide revenue to make us competitive

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I feel a wee bit sorry for the King and board supporters they have been duped again but they have took such an entrenched position even over the Clubs welfare they can't be sensible and back down.

You have it spot on unfortunately, between a rock and a hard place, the rest of the season will be sore to watch, our big game is the Hogmanay match, that's it !:sherlock:

2 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

You have it spot on unfortunately, between a rock and a hard place, the rest of the season will be sore to watch, our big game is the Hogmanay match, that's it !:sherlock:

I wouldn't give the soapdodgers the pleasure of singling them out as a big game. Every game is big for us starting tomorrow night ?