Matt Gilks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Support_The_Troops said:

The amount of people saying fods done nothing wrong he let in fucking 5 against the scum 

At the tattiedome, while have senderos and kiernan in front of him for 70ish minutes, after which no centrehalfs were there

Wes did his very best to damage control and he still made 2 or 3 really good saves. As he does week n week out. The biggest reason why we stay in games is because of wes effort in goals. 

Thought he did really well and deserves to start the cup matches. 

Big Wes for me in the league though, he hasn't done anything wrong. It's good to have 2 solid keepers. Although apart from the Coisty years, I can't remember us having too many problems in goal in recent memory.

10 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

I would like to know how much of an effect Gilks had on our back line yesterday because we were really solid. If it's a big influence by him then he should 100% be starting the next game. Not to mention his shot stopping was different class!  

I agree with this, he marshaled them well. Also his starting position for each attack seemed to be perfect, gave their strikers the smallest possible angle for each of their shots - I always think Wes stays too central when he plays. Would like to see Gilks given a run. 

20 hours ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

There will be plenty of negative threads after that display so let's have a positive one in amongst it.

He was a fucking hero for us today. Kept the score line respectable and surely now he must deserve a run of games to fight for that number 1 spot.

He was fantastic, but he doesn't deserve a run of games at all. Fod is the number 1 and he has done nothing to warrant being dropped.

Good on MW he trusted Gilks to put in a good performance and he didn't let him down. Looks like we have 2 very decent keepers which is excellent (tu)

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

He was fantastic, but he doesn't deserve a run of games at all. Fod is the number 1 and he has done nothing to warrant being dropped.

Good on MW he trusted Gilks to put in a good performance and he didn't let him down. Looks like we have 2 very decent keepers which is excellent (tu)

It doesn't necessarily have to be something from Foderingham that leads to him being dropped. Gilks' performance yesterday should at least put him in contention for regular games. If we have 2 good keepers then they should be competing with each other instead of it being a given that one of them starts and the other is a back up.

I felt a lot stronger with Gilks in goal yesterday, quite a few of the shots he stopped would have ended up in the net if it had been Foderingham in goals IMO. 

29 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be something from Foderingham that leads to him being dropped. Gilks' performance yesterday should at least put him in contention for regular games. If we have 2 good keepers then they should be competing with each other instead of it being a given that one of them starts and the other is a back up.

I felt a lot stronger with Gilks in goal yesterday, quite a few of the shots he stopped would have ended up in the net if it had been Foderingham in goals IMO. 

It's all about opinions (tu)