Not all that gutted.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dont take this the wrong way mate, but you really got to get your life in order if this is going to ruin the next 10 days for you.

There is uber fan, then there is mentally ill.

The 5-1 ruined my season never mind ten days, the day nearly as bad.

I'm gutted. Was just as bad as 5-1 game. Only reason it wasn't was poor finishing and Gilks. Might be 40% new team but we've spent all our transfer money and we are nowhere near them. Holt and McKay aren't youth players anymore I'm afraid. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

my life is in plenty order mate, will go to work, play my football, do the normal things, but wiull i fuck be in a good mood football wise, id expect all; fans to feel the same way

Makes more sense when you say "will I fuck be in a good mood football wise".

Thought you meant you wouldnt get any enjoyment out of life at all for 10 days. Was a bit much.

Its always gutting to lose, but fuck it, dust ourselves down and get on with it.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Must admit, of all the old firm defeats ive been through, this one is one of the least painful.

At the start of the season, I held out a hope for a title challenge, which has just not materialized. I think everyone including the manager and players perhaps underestimated the jump in quality between the championship and premiership.

I thought we defended really well for large periods of the match, with Gilks, Hill and even the much maligned Kiernan doing well.

We had few chances, the best coming to Holt, with a good challenge being all that stopped us taking the lead. We were however the lesser of the teams on the park today with Celtic deserving the win.

It was however no embarrassment unlike the 5-1 game. The manager made some good tactical decisions with the Hodson Tav pairing doing well on the right. It shows we dont have to go gung-ho all the time and our tactics can be altered to suit.

Niko was missed today, if he had played instead of Windass, I think we could have been far more effective. Unfortunately, this season has been overshadowed more by the Barton fiasco, Lescott last minute breakdown and now the Niko injury.

I view this season as purely one for building. I have faith in the manager and want to see him being given the time to build what he has started.

I know allot will be claiming its the end of the world as we know it, as is always the case when we dont win. But fuck it. I dont care, im happy to be back and we will take back our crown soon enough.  

I'm gutted as I always am mate after an old firm defeat .

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Makes more sense when you say "will I fuck be in a good mood football wise".

Thought you meant you wouldnt get any enjoyment out of life at all for 10 days. Was a bit much.

Its always gutting to lose, but fuck it, dust ourselves down and get on with it.

only ones that do dust themselves down is the fans, the players look to have chucked the season already

Gutted and totally pissed off like the rest on here. What really got me today watching it was our very poor ball retention in midfield. We just couldn't string two passes together for a lot of the game, although our defence was excellent at times. Their tactics were quite simple: close down our midfield with very fast pace, and we just couldn't cope with that today. Niko might have made a difference in the middle, but still pissed off.

38 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Standing watching that knowing that nothing on the horizon is coming to change anything is gutting enough never mind getting beat

Totally agree, if no money is coming in then we are fecked and this manager will bite the dust as him and no money is going to fail big time.

Gutted as always when we get beaten by them and don't play well into the bargain.  Thought we sacrificed any fluency going forward to prop up our defence.  I understand why the manager did it but thought playing the two fullbacks didn't help us.  Hodson had a solid game but thought Tav looked like a fish out of water in front of him. 

I rate Mackay but the manager is doing him no favours in playing him at present time, he looks tired and has lost confidence.  Needs a period on the sidelines.  

Dont think Holt and Windass are going to compliment each other in the middle of the park, think it may be a case of one or the other.

We need to decide how we are going to distribute the ball from the back if the opposition push up on us.  So many times today we had defenders and midfielders staying back looking for the ball and the goalie then kicking it long while a lot of our players were still lying deep.  If the goalkeeper decides he is going to kick it long, he needs to allow our players time to push forward in a line.  Otherwise we are just throwing away possession.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Must admit, of all the old firm defeats ive been through, this one is one of the least painful.

At the start of the season, I held out a hope for a title challenge, which has just not materialized. I think everyone including the manager and players perhaps underestimated the jump in quality between the championship and premiership.

I thought we defended really well for large periods of the match, with Gilks, Hill and even the much maligned Kiernan doing well.

We had few chances, the best coming to Holt, with a good challenge being all that stopped us taking the lead. We were however the lesser of the teams on the park today with Celtic deserving the win.

It was however no embarrassment unlike the 5-1 game. The manager made some good tactical decisions with the Hodson Tav pairing doing well on the right. It shows we dont have to go gung-ho all the time and our tactics can be altered to suit.

Niko was missed today, if he had played instead of Windass, I think we could have been far more effective. Unfortunately, this season has been overshadowed more by the Barton fiasco, Lescott last minute breakdown and now the Niko injury.

I view this season as purely one for building. I have faith in the manager and want to see him being given the time to build what he has started.

I know allot will be claiming its the end of the world as we know it, as is always the case when we dont win. But fuck it. I dont care, im happy to be back and we will take back our crown soon enough.  

Sorry mate but I don't get this defeatist attitude "we weren't as shit as I thought we would be" the sight of fellow bears clapping that pish display annoys the fuck out of me. We weren't in it at all. Doesn't that concern you? 

1 minute ago, smell the glove said:

No offensive intended, however, I don't think you are in a position to assure us of anything unless you have a spare £15-20m hanging out your back pocket and fancy splashing it on new players for us

The essence is in the quote and I can assure you that football in Scotland is cyclical and the change will happen albeit it doesn't look close to changing at the minute 

I'm gutted but I was expecting it, I'm thankful it was only the one goal, for the most part we rode our luck.

However I'm concerned that we could quite easily go through this season and not have a win or a draw against the inbreds

The way things are shaping up it looks like it's going to happen, they will add to their squad come the winter window, probably decent signings, we will also add to the squad, probably with dross.

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

this, im fucking beeling again, another 10 days ruined until that mbo get humped in europe again, and to think fans wanted us in the europa league this season, we'd be embarrassed beyond measure

You do know we have two games in the next six days? But you'll stay gutted until they get humped in Europe ten days from now. Maybe you should check your priorities.

I wasn't that gutted when they scored today tbh. Usually a goal in the dying minutes like that would be a heartbreaker but I had accepted that we weren't going to win the game long before that went in.

There was just an inevitability about it and I even said to my mate before half time that it was only a matter of time before they got one. Truth be told, I was almost relieved we didn't have to sit through extra time before it happened.