Not all that gutted.

Must admit, of all the old firm defeats ive been through, this one is one of the least painful.

At the start of the season, I held out a hope for a title challenge, which has just not materialized. I think everyone including the manager and players perhaps underestimated the jump in quality between the championship and premiership.

I thought we defended really well for large periods of the match, with Gilks, Hill and even the much maligned Kiernan doing well.

We had few chances, the best coming to Holt, with a good challenge being all that stopped us taking the lead. We were however the lesser of the teams on the park today with Celtic deserving the win.

It was however no embarrassment unlike the 5-1 game. The manager made some good tactical decisions with the Hodson Tav pairing doing well on the right. It shows we dont have to go gung-ho all the time and our tactics can be altered to suit.

Niko was missed today, if he had played instead of Windass, I think we could have been far more effective. Unfortunately, this season has been overshadowed more by the Barton fiasco, Lescott last minute breakdown and now the Niko injury.

I view this season as purely one for building. I have faith in the manager and want to see him being given the time to build what he has started.

I know allot will be claiming its the end of the world as we know it, as is always the case when we dont win. But fuck it. I dont care, im happy to be back and we will take back our crown soon enough.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

The day I'm not gutted will be the day I hand back my ticket 

this, im fucking beeling again, another 10 days ruined until that mbo get humped in europe again, and to think fans wanted us in the europa league this season, we'd be embarrassed beyond measure

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Must admit, of all the old firm defeats ive been through, this one is one of the least painful.

At the start of the season, I held out a hope for a title challenge, which has just not materialized. I think everyone including the manager and players perhaps underestimated the jump in quality between the championship and premiership.

I thought we defended really well for large periods of the match, with Gilks, Hill and even the much maligned Kiernan doing well.

We had few chances, the best coming to Holt, with a good challenge being all that stopped us taking the lead. We were however the lesser of the teams on the park today with Celtic deserving the win.

It was however no embarrassment unlike the 5-1 game. The manager made some good tactical decisions with the Hodson Tav pairing doing well on the right. It shows we dont have to go gung-ho all the time and our tactics can be altered to suit.

Niko was missed today, if he had played instead of Windass, I think we could have been far more effective. Unfortunately, this season has been overshadowed more by the Barton fiasco, Lescott last minute breakdown and now the Niko injury.

I view this season as purely one for building. I have faith in the manager and want to see him being given the time to build what he has started.

I know allot will be claiming its the end of the world as we know it, as is always the case when we dont win. But fuck it. I dont care, im happy to be back and we will take back our crown soon enough.  

I'll always be gutted losing to them!.....it's probably after losing my auld grandad a year ago the worst feeling I get....sorry mate disagree with you big time

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The problem is , if this season is one for building, why did we essentially start the same team as last year? 

Because the sightings haven't improved us - we haven't built on anything.

This won't be a building season, it will be a season of standing still.

Questions do have to be asked as to why we've barely seen more than fleeting glimpses of the majority of players brought in during the summer.

It was damage limitation and probably one of the most toothless performances I've seen. Remember when McDowall did the same?

The score line didn't embarrass us but the performance of the midfield and front 3 did.

Only Gilks spared our blushes today.

Bottom line is I'm still gutted and we'll get the same lines from the manager and the players that leads me to believe they aren't gutted.

The issue on here is that so many started thinking we'd win today with no basis to the argument. Pumped by them last month, shite since although arguably marginally better, still struggling to score and no fluency in our play. Yet today we were going to turn all that on its head.

Pretty sure most who aren't being objective about it, and calling for MW to be sacked, oh and there were plenty, were those shouting down the pessimists and predicting wins.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

The problem is , if this season is one for building, why did we essentially start the same team as last year? 

Because the sightings haven't improved us - we haven't built on anything.

This won't be a building season, it will be a season of standing still.

Gilks is new.

Hodson is new.

Windass is new.

Hill is new.

Thats a 40% change from last year right away.

Add to that the injury to Niko, Barton being a fanny, and two new players coming off the bench.

Guys like Dodoo, Windass and Rossiter are works in progress. Add to that the youth in Holt & McKay and we still have a good spine who should improve with time.

I am gutted about the way they dominated us and how far we still are behind them,I am gutted that we got beat yet again although I fully expected the result.

No Rangers fan shouldn't feel gutted that they and they're fans will be lording it up over us again.

I thought Warburton's tactical decisions certainly suited our defense but it absolutely killed us as a force going forward. We catered towards the fact our defenders lack pace/their front three are pacey, but in pulling our defense and midfield so deep, we left massive space in behind our own front three who pressed high for much of the game.

It allowed them all the time and space in the middle of the park to dominate the game while hounding us into sloppy passes, poor decision making and a complete lack of composure. However, we didn't really have an alternative. Maybe pairing Wilson and Kiernan as we did in the last semi-final would have helped us player further up the park with a higher line, but maybe we'd have been more defensively frail.

I'm not calling for Warburton's head, I didn't expect us to win the league (hoped we'd compete) but I do think he could improve and perhaps the decision to spend 2m on a striker and not a central defender was a costly one (although obviously, we might not have been able to pick up the right quality for the right price).

When the cunts scored I was gutted..But as time has passed I'm just a wee bit pissed off now..Will go into town and enjoy my Heaven 17 gig..Come home and get a good nights sleep and forget all about today..Going to have to accept we are not where we want to be right now..Plenty of reasons for it..But moaning on here with no answers or solutions makes no sense to me..I do understand the benefit that having a wee rant on here can have..Onwards and with hard work and some major investment we can get Upwards..

NO SURRENDER..

RANGERS ARE FOR LIFE..:uk:

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Questions do have to be asked as to why we've barely seen more than fleeting glimpses of the majority of players brought in during the summer.

Injuries and lack of form. No player has really been able to get into the line up and get settled. Windass, Rossiter, Crooks, Niko, Dodoo - they've all had injuries which have disrupted their impact and I think it has absolutely contributed to the fact that Warburton does not know his best 11 yet.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Nah. Gutted as ever. The performance was so bad that I am probably as gutted as the 5-1. Toothless fucking effort that just hits home how far apart we are. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

this, im fucking beeling again, another 10 days ruined until that mbo get humped in europe again, and to think fans wanted us in the europa league this season, we'd be embarrassed beyond measure

Dont take this the wrong way mate, but you really got to get your life in order if this is going to ruin the next 10 days for you.

There is uber fan, then there is mentally ill.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Dont take this the wrong way mate, but you really got to get your life in order if this is going to ruin the next 10 days for you.

There is uber fan, then there is mentally ill.

my life is in plenty order mate, will go to work, play my football, do the normal things, but wiull i fuck be in a good mood football wise, id expect all; fans to feel the same way