I've lost confidence in MW now

eejay the dj

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warburton shat it from the taigs, the whole we don't change our style for anyone is becoming a bit cringey, we sat back and tried to hit them on the counter. Taigs played us at our own game (well the style we played last year) and it worked a treat for them. And being honest with ourselves on a different day it's 3/4/5-0 to the taigs. I think if we are still sitting 5th and Christmas and they beat us at Ibrox we will see a new manager through the door.

Theres been a severe change of tactics from last year and I'd respect Warburton more if he stuck to the style he talks about. If you remember last year most of our goals came from winning the ball high up the park, everytime we lose the ball we retreat and look nervous. 

32 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Warburton shat it from the taigs, the whole we don't change our style for anyone is becoming a bit cringey, we sat back and tried to hit them on the counter. Taigs played us at our own game (well the style we played last year) and it worked a treat for them. And being honest with ourselves on a different day it's 3/4/5-0 to the taigs. I think if we are still sitting 5th and Christmas and they beat us at Ibrox we will see a new manager through the door.

Theres been a severe change of tactics from last year and I'd respect Warburton more if he stuck to the style he talks about. If you remember last year most of our goals came from winning the ball high up the park, everytime we lose the ball we retreat and look nervous. 

There hasn't been a change in style, more a change in quality. It seems as though those players who looked like superstars last year are struggling to make the step up to the next level. 

3 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

There hasn't been a change in style, more a change in quality. It seems as though those players who looked like superstars last year are struggling to make the step up to the next level. 

Tav and Waghorn being prime examples

When he first came to us i thought we had unearthed top quality but now i  can see he aint this job is too big for him he just cant win games that are important his choice of players for Rangers is enough to make anyone shake their head and lastly i wouldnt trust him with any transfer money

4 hours ago, Da Kool Blue said:

I didn't think the step up has been that huge tbh. We skooshed it last season giving us some confidence this season- a decent striker and couple of additional defenders was deemed good enough. Garner Hill and Senderos are not what was needed (still to be proved wrong though). 

The young and hungry recruitment strategy of last season (Halliday, Holt, Tavernier, etc.) has been replaced by old and past it personnel such as Hill, Kranjcar and Senderos.

I thought that was blatantly the problem at the start of the season, our transfer policy, but as the months have gone on, it's evident to see that we've struggled with the step-up and, veterans aside, youngsters like Rossiter, Crooks, Windass and Dodoo either haven't played a part or haven't made enough of an impact.

28 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The young and hungry recruitment strategy of last season (Halliday, Holt, Tavernier, etc.) has been replaced by old and past it personnel such as Hill, Kranjcar and Senderos.

I thought that was blatantly the problem at the start of the season, our transfer policy, but as the months have gone on, it's evident to see that we've struggled with the step-up and, veterans aside, youngsters like Rossiter, Crooks, Windass and Dodoo either haven't played a part or haven't made enough of an impact.

Rossitter, Windass, Crooks, Dodoo! MW always said hed add a few experienced players in key positions.

It's difficult to pinpoint what's went wrong...The shit storm has has been Barton must've had an impact on the team - shame it couldn't have been shifted to a positive tho. 

As most will know I've supported Warburton since the start, but I'm having doubts now.  I firmly believe he is trying to transfer all his prerequisite management/leadership skills to this situation.  He has emotional intelligence in abundance,  a key ingredient to make great leaders...Sadly I'm starting to believe that's what he is 'a leader'  not got the crwditials for us at this time. Ideally suited as an assistant at a big club or manager at a less stressful club/environment.  

He firmly believes in his formula and his stubbornness to be flexible and adaptable to varying situations will sadly be his downfall. 

I really hope I'm proven wrong, as I truly want him to succeed. 

MW's football philosophy and the way we played was a welcome sight for our eyes when he arrived - but I get the feeling any style would have been embraced following McCoist's football. 

So we were all excited, but it took opposition teams a few months of studying us to suss us out, the last third of last season was testimony to that. 

The gaffer has been given a bit of a budget but not spent it wisely, he has broken his own system with his additions and continues stubbornly with players well off form. 

He talks about "learning from it" but shows no sign of adapting the team or formation. 

I think he should study the opposition a bit more and expose their weaknesses- I think he did a bit of that against that lot but it's a huge miss if we not only play to our strengths but the opposition's weaknesses. 

IMG_3602.PNG

Personally I think he's realised he made mistakes in the last transfer window. He should of stuck with what served him so well last season by signing young, hungry players. Easy to say that now with hindsight but I genuinely believe that's how he feels hence his recent team selections have been more similar to the team that started most games last year, give or take a few.

At the time I don't think I had a single complaint about most of the summer signings. I thought Barton and Kranjcar would be good business along with the likes of Rossiter, Windass, Crooks and Dodoo. The only ones I had question marks over were Garner given his record last season and the transfer fee and obviously Senderos.

I still think MW is the right man for the job. He's trying to build something which is going to take time. If we replaced him we would be back to square one. As I've said before he managed to get a team from league 1 to the championship playoffs - he's not a bad manager.

38 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Rossitter, Windass, Crooks, Dodoo! MW always said hed add a few experienced players in key positions.

He didn't last season and we faired well enough, including against Celtic. Allowing Eustace to train with us before deciding that he wasn't fit enough was the extent of it, in terms of adding experience.

This season, he's brought in Barton, Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos; that's an absolute fortune in salaries and let's be honest, it hasn't worked out.

I don't really understand why you mentioned Rossiter, Windass, Crooks and Dodoo...

7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He didn't last season and we faired well enough, including against Celtic. Allowing Eustace to train with us before deciding that he wasn't fit enough was the extent of it, in terms of adding experience.

This season, he's brought in Barton, Kranjcar, Hill and Senderos; that's an absolute fortune in salaries and let's be honest, it hasn't worked out.

I don't really understand why you mentioned Rossiter, Windass, Crooks and Dodoo...

Because they are young hungry players that he brought in, added to that he brought in some experience...just as he said he would. Not one of this year's signings has pass marks yet, that's the difference. To bring in 8 or so players an not one really have an impact is a huge blow for us.

7 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

I didn't want to single players out because we've been pretty poor across the park, but yeah those two have had some drop-off from last year. 

I must be watching some other team because Tav and Miller have been our most consistent players this season.

My take on where we are , it would be understandable if we were actually playing a brand of football that was exciting and it just wasn't clicking or something but the defence is a shambles and feels like they are constantly on a knife edge and on the brink of making a howler , the midfield can be non existent at times and our attacking is atrocious at best . Our reluctance to put a ball in the box is frustrating beyond belief . All in all I can't see many positives and something needs to change and quick however I just don't have a feeling it will 

51 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

My take on where we are , it would be understandable if we were actually playing a brand of football that was exciting and it just wasn't clicking or something but the defence is a shambles and feels like they are constantly on a knife edge and on the brink of making a howler , the midfield can be non existent at times and our attacking is atrocious at best . Our reluctance to put a ball in the box is frustrating beyond belief . All in all I can't see many positives and something needs to change and quick however I just don't have a feeling it will 

Last night we fired loads of crosses and corners into the box (comparatively speaking). Thought it made us a better side, and it was how we scored. 

Does he get credit for that? Or for 'changing his philosophy'? Or because we drew 1-1 it doesn't count? 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Last night we fired loads of crosses and corners into the box (comparatively speaking). Thought it made us a better side, and it was how we scored. 

Does he get credit for that? Or for 'changing his philosophy'? Or because we drew 1-1 it doesn't count? 

I think we were a bit better as he played a winger in his proper position who had a point to prove and did well, rather than play a striker with no pace on his wrong side or position.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

There was still plenty of times the ball could have been whipped in last night where instead we decided to Fanny about the box and achieve little , the amount of times we get up and have no one in the middle of the box is ridiculous aswell 

3 hours ago, millsygers44 said:

Mentioned last night how I think MW seriously thinks he is doing an ok job ... 

low and behold today he is bemused by talk of shocking league start 

just seen a clip on the news when he was saying dismissively about a "horror start" but still being around the team in 2nd who everybody has been saying has started well.

sadly for Warburton being "around 2nd" and so far behind the tarriers is a horror start.

he shouldnt be saying things like that, he has to realise who he is the manager of.

i know he is trying to protect the players but they will hear that and think being around 2nd is acceptable.

that was the first time ive thought to myself that maybe he isnt the right man to take us forward.

Everyone says we havn't been great since the cup-semi last year. Even in that game the issues were there. We were fantasic in posession and passing but could not get into the box and chances were limited. This was reflected in the shot stats. The truth is we cannot convert possession into enough goal chances. Our midfield and forward line are not clicking together. Our goal difference is appalling in comparison to teams with a similar points total. 

MOH should have been playing weeks ago. McKay should have been dropped weeks ago. We should have been trying out different formations and combinations of players. We havn't. I'm still behind the manager and think it's too early to be thinking of changing but I can't help but think his reluctance to change things has caused results to be as bad as they are.