Rob Kiernan.

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Badger said:

He played well today, but he is what he is..... a 200k valued lower league English player.

I think like most of our signings, they are where they are in football for a reason, consistency will always be a problem Kiernan,Waghorn,Forrester et al are all capable of having really good games, but quality players do it near every week, the skill level and ability of Forrester would have him  in a decent EPL side if he was at the top of his game weekly.

From the signings from the lower leagues Tavernier looks to be the most consistent, his goals are drying up but you get a shift from him with the bonus of seldom being injured.

Windass as an exception looks to me as if he has plenty about him, I think he will go a distance in the game

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Thought he was poor today. Looking forward to the return of Wilson.

Watching a different game form me then. What on earth did he do that was poor? Wasn't remotely tested but what little he had to do he did competently. 

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Coming from slack passing in front of our back four and not closing down the cross.

Which of these is the responsibility of Rob Kiernan or Clint Hill?

The corner the guy had a free header from in the first half? 

Come off it mate. Decent defensive performances like yesterday only paper over the cracks. We still cannot defend a corner / FK properly and it will continue to cost us goals. 

25 minutes ago, gsa said:

Watching a different game form me then. What on earth did he do that was poor? Wasn't remotely tested but what little he had to do he did competently. 

Poor passing and can't actually defend. Runs away from the attacker nearly every time.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

The corner the guy had a free header from in the first half? 

Come off it mate. Decent defensive performances like yesterday only paper over the cracks. We still cannot defend a corner / FK properly and it will continue to cost us goals. 

Not trying to funny here mate but If Wilson and Kiernan have started doing all the things they weren't doing last season and the start of this season when Hill wasn't playing then they've made progress. Kiernan especially has improved dramatically with his positioning, winning first balls and passing. All three things he's taken a doing for.

A young inexperienced players looks to have learned from his mistakes and improved.

I cannot think of one reason why any supporter of our club would be scunnered over a player who cost us next to nothing becoming a demonstrably better player than he was when he signed. Even if he doesn't become good enough, he'll probably net us a decent wee profit. Something that could be said about all of MW's signings barring MOH and Garner, unless both have a really good second half of the season.

Kiernan has a relatively good game once every theee or four games. That's not nearly good enough or consistent enough.

We've seen in the past how well Wilson plays when he's got an experienced head beside him. Would love to see Wilson and Hill given a run in the team.

A more clinical team would've punished our defending at set pieces today - time for change.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

oh for fucks sake doh I'm a right goon at times 

I thought you were just explaining for me in the Queens English after that abomination of a post.

Could be wrong but it looked to have apartheid education written all over it.

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I thought you were just explaining for me in the Queens English after that abomination of a post.

Could be wrong but it looked to have apartheid education written all over it.

Well as you are so  fucking protestant, everything else pales into being a taig, you badly need a good education on what constitutes a good C/B, but being a thick cunt of the highest order, no education of whatever persuasion could make you see the realities that face Rangers.

6 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

Well as you are so  fucking protestant, everything else pales into being a taig, you badly need a good education on what constitutes a good C/B, but being a thick cunt of the highest order, no education of whatever persuasion could make you see the realities that face Rangers.

Settle petal:lol:

13 hours ago, danger ranger said:

13 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Settle petal:lol:

DR - just look at it with both eyes - you'll see it much clearer.