Manager bravery required

NeoGeo7

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Let's face it m8 it shouldn't be hard to dominate in this league, it's shite.

It's no where near as bad as folks make out and even if it is shite there are teams ahead of us that we need to overcome ( shite or not) but it will take some time. 

Just now, Smile said:

When he put on Garner and Waghorn i knew we were not going to win we needed pace and he puton two very slow underperforming players.

I thought we would actually change our shape when they came on and go with 2 up top but Waghorn seemed to stick to playing on the right despite Tav and Hodson already being there.

My main critique of Warburton was his inability to address our central defence issue over two trader windows, other being sticking with a 4-3-3 approach when clearly it isn't working at moment. 

For whatever reason it ain't working,  we constantly look outnumbered and over run in the middle of the park. We longer press the ball to the intensity required. 

We all love the free flowing football we played for most of last season, but right I'm sure most would like us to be stronger over the park, more competitive and oh...

Have a bloody shot outside the box!

4-2-3-1. 

Just now, Smile said:

When he put on Garner and Waghorn i knew we were not going to win we needed pace and he puton two very slow underperforming players.

Garner looks like he has never played football before.

I think it's unfair to judge Garner as he's playing a system that's failing and not getting the best out of the players we have. He's had very little service and little support. Yesterday his first touch was a flick on, only problem no-one was playing off him. 

Play him in the right system 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Or it's a bad patch - some of our current players won't make it long term - some are off the form that we have seen them play and know they are capable off  - but we need to stop this navel gazing shite - folk love to have an opinion ( and we all enjoy our own opinions :pipe: ) but we also need to be realistic -  yes our ambition and goals must be set high but we also need to recognise the journey it might take to get there - this expectation of immediate domanance of Scottish football is a pipe dream - we will get there but it's a process, a journey, not a binary happening. 

I have no doubts we'll get back there- we always have done but but even you have to agree there's too many guys getting picked week in and out whilst not performing. No side in world football can be expected to win things or even go on a run with so many underperformers in one team. 2 questions, why are they playing so badly for so long? And if the guys on the bench are that bad they can't improve the team then why sign them?  

At the moment everything is just going in a circle. We win a couple lose then draw then win then lose then draw. Our next 5 games should result in 15 points but I have doubts that we'll even fetch 9 points,yet still the same guys get picked and the manager looks for the positives instead of ironing out the negatives. 

3rd is an embarrassment for RFC but I'd grudgingly take it. If we finish any lower then the chairman right through to davie weir can leave

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It's no where near as bad as folks make out and even if it is shite there are teams ahead of us that we need to overcome ( shite or not) but it will take some time. 

This is where our manager is failing.  Failing to acknowledge a big gap between us and Celtic means that he can't fix the deficiencies in the team.  Only when you see something is broken can it be fixed and his refusal to beef up the middle of the pitch whilst always being over run is quite alarming in my eyes

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

This is where our manager is failing.  Failing to acknowledge a big gap between us and Celtic means that he can't fix the deficiencies in the team.  Only when you see something is broken can it be fixed and his refusal to beef up the middle of the pitch whilst always being over run is quite alarming in my eyes

Very true.

The old saying of "if it's not broken don't fix it" has a sibling "if you don't think it's broken you'll never try to fix it".

This is why I like the view from the club deck as the pitch looks so different from that viewpoint and you can clearly see where there are positional and tactical problems. I think Warburton could do with seeing the game from a different angle if he can't see where we are losing the battles across the park.

Lots of people wanted Windass on the park yesterday, myself included.  He was total pish up until just before he got hooked. Holt and Halliday were having to do the work of three midfielders.  Does he start on Wednesday ?  Has to because he needs to get match fit.  MOH must really be total pish in training not to get a game over McKay as well.