board have a decision to make

KingKirk

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably won't be as simple as that but I tell you one thing if we had money like English championship sides he'd have been sacked by now. I don't condone the way the clubs behave down south in that regard (except Rotherham with the elephant man :lol:) but I think the compensation aspect might just make Warburton unsackable.

Given the failure with the Barton signing and to an extent kranjcar would the board trust him with more money?

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Probably won't be as simple as that but I tell you one thing if we had money like English championship sides he'd have been sacked by now. I don't condone the way the clubs behave down south in that regard (except Rotherham with the elephant man :lol:) but I think the compensation aspect might just make Warburton unsackable.

Given the failure with the Barton signing and to an extent kranjcar would the board trust him with more money?

Needs some thought really - Garner's hardly proving to be a steal.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If Warburton had the money to strengthen I doubt any signing that Warburton made would be here.

The thought of a Rangers manager been untouchable just because we don't have the money gives me the fear. If they don't think he's the man get rid at all costs imo

MW is a board appeaser and all too suitable. The job is too big for him.

The board do indeed have a decision to make. To sack themselves. Even collectively they do not posses the financial muscle that a club of our stature both needs and demand and as for king, he is just a skint wide boy seeking his last big windfall.

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The thought of a Rangers manager been untouchable just because we don't have the money gives me the fear. If they don't think he's the man get rid at all costs imo

We've already been down that road just a couple of years ago and these things never end well .

FWIW , I think Warburton with proper backing can be successful , but if he genuinely is happy with the transfer business done so far and wasn't just throwing out soundbites in the summer then were in trouble and he won't see out his contract .The board can't afford us to be also rans in this league , a serious  drop in ST numbers going forward would be unthinkable for our financial health . Some on the board are clearly wealthy men but they didn't become that by throwing good after bad and they'll need to see a return on their investment . A successful Rangers is the only way for them to achieve that IMO .

29 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

before January either back or sack Warburton simple. Give him the dough needed to close the gap or move on.......

That doesn't make an ounce of sense... If we can't give him the money to close the gap we should sack him... So we would then need another manager and still wouldn't have the money to back him as well... Should we sack the next manager also .

There would also be the issue of compensation for Warburtons remainder of his contract,Sure that will help the club in backing any new manager especially when we don't have any money.

Any new manager coming in always wants to bring in his own backroom team,Which will mean compensation also for Warburtons backroom team.

A new manager will also want to know what budget he has for players and given new managers always want to bring their own players in.

So sack Warburton and backroom team, Cost the club millions in compensation,Bring in another manager who wants to come to a club with no money for quality players and let's all start again and round and round we go.

Patience on the other hand costs absolutely nothing,Getting behind the manager and players rather than trying to throw them under a bus because we lost a match is bordering on stupidity.

Rome wasn't built in a day.... Neither were Rangers.

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

This time last year, we were all lead to believe there was a queue of English Championship teams all fighting each other for MW. How ridiculous that all looks now.  

Led to believe by who ? The compliant Scottish media who were shit stirring and nothing else

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

before January either back or sack Warburton simple. Give him the dough needed to close the gap or move on.......

It's that simple for me too.

I wouldn't complain at either one if I'm honest (even though I still quite like him as a manager)

What we can't do is neither - like just now. That shouldn't be an option anymore.

He can’t get an SPL or trophy-winning team on loans, bargains, has-beens, and maybe’s from English League 1. What manager in the history of the game could? We are blinding ourselves to where the problem lies which is the lack of promised finance. It is so easy to blame the management team and overlook the blindingly obvious problem of lack of finance.

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Warburton's sacked who will replace him?  There may not be any other good options out there at the moment.  The next guy would have Warburton's team and very little money to spend so would anything really change?

Derek McInnes would be the most likely replacement. Personally don't like him but he might do well.