board have a decision to make

KingKirk

9 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

To me it's obvious what the plan is, spend as little as possible but get into Europe for next season then the money from that will be made available to challenge the scum, unfortunately it's not really working out that way.

Unless we get to the group stages we could end up losing money by being drawn to some team thousand's of miles away.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty obvious Warburton is no more than head of academy level when it comes to coaching. 

He got found out really quickly in the championship and only the higher quality of player got us by, and when their form went out the window we struggled. 

2 hours ago, gj923 said:

Unless we get to the group stages we could end up losing money by being drawn to some team thousand's of miles away.

The Europa league is no pot of gold by a long way. You would also have to get our board to spend serious money to get to the later stages and that will not happen. 

A lot of our players do not suit this 4-3-3 that he persists with. I feel at times it does work great for us, but Warburton has to recognize in the current age of tactics you need to be flexible.

Garner and Waghorn are strikers hands down.

What annoyed me most about yesterday, was the first 30 minutes it was quite end-to-end, yet whenever Celtic got near our box they delivered the ball or took a shot. We got to theirs and went back to shite sideways passing before inevitably losing the ball.

Even when Garner came on, we should have been pumping balls into their box from the wings. The few times we put balls in there they looked dodgy.

Warburton has to adapt and lose some of his stubbornness, because you can't keep 'taking positives' from shite like that yesterday.

14 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Warburton's sacked who will replace him?  There may not be any other good options out there at the moment.  The next guy would have Warburton's team and very little money to spend so would anything really change?

Halliday obviously.

15 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

That doesn't make an ounce of sense... If we can't give him the money to close the gap we should sack him... So we would then need another manager and still wouldn't have the money to back him as well... Should we sack the next manager also .

There would also be the issue of compensation for Warburtons remainder of his contract,Sure that will help the club in backing any new manager especially when we don't have any money.

Any new manager coming in always wants to bring in his own backroom team,Which will mean compensation also for Warburtons backroom team.

A new manager will also want to know what budget he has for players and given new managers always want to bring their own players in.

So sack Warburton and backroom team, Cost the club millions in compensation,Bring in another manager who wants to come to a club with no money for quality players and let's all start again and round and round we go.

Patience on the other hand costs absolutely nothing,Getting behind the manager and players rather than trying to throw them under a bus because we lost a match is bordering on stupidity. Ibrox wasn't built in a day.... Neither were Rangers.

(tu)

Fixed that for you mate ..... otherwise you make good sense ..... an (understandably) hard to find commodity after any defeat ..... and as scarce as hens' teeth after one against them ..... :(

:uk:

Said it last week if we don't make it into Europe season it's a financial catastrophe for the club. No European football will scare off potential investors and cut our budget for next season more or less handing the nonce the league on a plate again.

We really are dreadful under Warburton and the guys had more than enough time and money to get at least a half decent side on the park.

Look at Aberdeen- maybe around half the budget we have, 35,000+ less fans at every home game and train in a public park yet they are 2nd in the league and in a cup final.

Warbs is nothing more than a lower league manager and we need to act if we start falling 5-10 points behind Aberdeen even.

Went to the game yesterday full of hope  rather than the confidence we should have,but was surprised at gilks and hill    how well the did in the match I knew that we would be defending more than them which turned out to be the case.

What I am saying is the game was crying out for moh  with his pace to try and sneak a goal but as the norm doesn't get a game .

What's happening with moh why isn't getting a game ahead of McKay

Your thoughts guy's.??

I like Warburton however his signings this summer have been shocking. The board since the summer all they seemed to have spoke about is the upping of the wage budget allowing Warburton to do the business he has. I accept that joey and Kranjcar would've been outside our reach if it wasn't for the increase. However every other signing should've easily been with last years budgets never mind this year. That's my worry are we back to throwing money at bang average free transfer just to make sure we get signings in...

Warbs is an easy scapegoat and yes he's brought it on himself with his rigid system he refuses to change..Garner could be a star with a striker next to him..we would look stronger in midfield if we had 2 holding.....Imo we have good players throughout the team but we need that extra bit of quality to push forward and that costs money and that's where our custodians come into it..

Our board are as much to blame 

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The Europa league is no pot of gold by a long way. You would also have to get our board to spend serious money to get to the later stages and that will not happen. 

Yeah and we wouldn't be playing top draw teams either so crowds would be pretty poor also.imo

2 hours ago, Albertz 78 said:

Said it last week if we don't make it into Europe season it's a financial catastrophe for the club. No European football will scare off potential investors and cut our budget for next season more or less handing the nonce the league on a plate again.

We really are dreadful under Warburton and the guys had more than enough time and money to get at least a half decent side on the park.

Look at Aberdeen- maybe around half the budget we have, 35,000+ less fans at every home game and train in a public park yet they are 2nd in the league and in a cup final.

Warbs is nothing more than a lower league manager and we need to act if we start falling 5-10 points behind Aberdeen even.

Agree with all apart from the Europe bit.

I'm only dubious about that because of the difficulty in getting to the group stages, where the money might be made - it's not like it used to be & if the likes of West Ham can't qualify, I'm not sure how we'd fare that much better.

A reality check is needed here. What are our current revenues compared to what Smith, McLeish and Advocaat had to work with? A third?

How would those managers have got on with these limited resources? Worse I would suggest. Celtic will probably rake in £70M this year while we do something in the 20s. It would be a huge risk to dump that difference (£40M+) onto MW in one go and flood the squad with untried players who we have no clue if they will gel or not. It has to be done step by step to form a strong squad.

If MW gets us into 2nd place and into Europe, I will be happy enough and look to build on that for a stronger challenge to Celtic next season.

17 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

A reality check is needed here. What are our current revenues compared to what Smith, McLeish and Advocaat had to work with? A third?

How would those managers have got on with these limited resources? Worse I would suggest. 

Smith had a net spend of about £3 million for his second time in charge, so probably less than what Warburton has currently spent. How much have Hearts spent? Aberdeen? Yet we're struggling to keep pace with both in the league.

Fact of the matter is Warburton is proving himself to be a failure in getting the best out of his squad. I really don't believe Celtic are light years ahead of us in personnel, they're only ahead of us in what they're getting out of their players. 

4 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Smith had a net spend of about £3 million for his second time in charge, so probably less than what Warburton has currently spent. How much have Hearts spent? Aberdeen? Yet we're struggling to keep pace with both in the league.

Fact of the matter is Warburton is proving himself to be a failure in getting the best out of his squad. I really don't believe Celtic are light years ahead of us in personnel, they're only ahead of us in what they're getting out of their players. 

How much was that squad worth before Walter came in and made a few adjustments? I serious doubt that if you sold all our players tonight, we still wouldn't be able to buy Barry Ferguson, who was our Captain back then. 

As for the Aberdeen game, I felt as though we were unlucky and had more than enough chances to win that game, but there it's still early in the season and we have an adjustment period from playing part-timers for years to week in week out training and preparing to play pros. 

39 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

How would those managers have got on with these limited resources? Worse I would suggest. Celtic will probably rake in £70M this year while we do something in the 20s. It would be a huge risk to dump that difference (£40M+) onto MW in one go and flood the squad with untried players who we have no clue if they will gel or not. It has to be done step by step to form a strong squad.

If MW gets us into 2nd place and into Europe, I will be happy enough and look to build on that for a stronger challenge to Celtic next season.

and what are Hibs resources? who beat us in the Scottish Cup final .. what are the resources of Ross County, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Aberdeen who we have failed to beat this season already? or Hearts who sit above us comfortably in the league.

I find the people that say buzz phrases like reality check needed and get a grip tend to be the ones who need the reality checks and to get a grip more than who they say it to themselves.

1 hour ago, Gaffbear said:

Warbs is an easy scapegoat and yes he's brought it on himself with his rigid system he refuses to change..Garner could be a star with a striker next to him..we would look stronger in midfield if we had 2 holding.....Imo we have good players throughout the team but we need that extra bit of quality to push forward and that costs money and that's where our custodians come into it..

Our board are as much to blame 

The board takes the majority of blame although Warburton's signings this year ain't helped.

we are about to find out if this board believe Warburton is the guy to take us forward because money needs spent on some quality players asap.

Also lets not forget that Warburton was not the board's first choice.

Seen Souness on SSN there, didn't catch the whole interview, but in a nutshell he basically said we are 5 years behind Celtic and the gap will keep getting bigger as they keep on spending money. Basically told King to get the money out without actually saying it. 

King will continue to ignore these requests tho, as long as he has the blazer and the power. 

20 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Struggling? We're only 2 or 3 points behind them! Smith had better squads to work with, you can't be suggesting that MW is starting off at the same level as these former managers?

I agree he's not got the best out of them (yet) and I agree that we are not light years behind Celtic, but if money talks, we're tens of millions behind them.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

and what are Hibs resources? who beat us in the Scottish Cup final .. what are the resources of Ross County, Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Aberdeen who we have failed to beat this season already? or Hearts who sit above us comfortably in the league.

Hearts are two points ahead of Rangers, how is that "comfortable"? If we played Hibs again, I have no doubts we would beat them. Stop being so impatient and give MW more time.