ianb1547

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We do back the team to the hilt. 

We have ploughed millions into our club. 

So we have every right to let the blazers and the management know when they need to get their finger oot. 

We are not moving forward as a team or club. 

Really? Two years ago, as someone pointed out here recently, we had a two goal lead against Alloa, and we lost that match. What do you really expect by now? So the youth structure is the same, the scouting is the same, the signing policy is the same, the coaching is the same, the team ethic is the same? This is just nonsense. We lost narrowly yesterday; anyone claiming that there was a huge gulf between the two sides is wrong. This club and the team are improving. I take issue with the Board, in the sense that I detect that Mark Warburton has to get better backing in terms of finance, particularly in midfield and defence. We are not far away from having a team that will win things.

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

"To those who bring up the negatives...fine......but what does that achieve?" 

- that's clearly not addressed at you. :P

Wed - Yes, probably, but not definitely.

I can be negative at times, especially after being beaten twice in a few weeks by the tims. :pipe: 

Catch up if you and your wee buddy make it. (tu)

57 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Really? Two years ago, as someone pointed out here recently, we had a two goal lead against Alloa, and we lost that match. What do you really expect by now? So the youth structure is the same, the scouting is the same, the signing policy is the same, the coaching is the same, the team ethic is the same? This is just nonsense. We lost narrowly yesterday; anyone claiming that there was a huge gulf between the two sides is wrong. This club and the team are improving. I take issue with the Board, in the sense that I detect that Mark Warburton has to get better backing in terms of finance, particularly in midfield and defence. We are not far away from having a team that will win things.

Right I'm going to just go on your first sentence. 

Who gives a shit about 2 years ago? 

How far back do we get to go for comparison? 

I compare the team year on year last season we started well and things looked good, then Warburton got sussed by the rest. From just after December things got very tough and top of table away matches became a routine lose for us. 

This season has just been a continuation of the end of last, we have been sussed and Warburton won't or can't change, we saw a minor change on Sunday and all did was turn a lose into a slim lose instead of a humping. 

As for the current board they have lied to us plain and simple, the promised investment, it hasn't appeared. Now before the usual suspects start shouting he never said he would spend it on the team only or we need to run the club within its means. That's all well and good but the team needs 10/15 mill pure investment up front, to challenge just a poor celtic, never mind Europe. 

If you think there was just slim margin between the 2 teams yesterday then there's not much point debating about anything. That game was just about as one sided as the the semi under McDowell. If Gilks hadn't had a great game and their finishing hadn't been shit they would've hammered us. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with most of the points you are trying to make bar this one. There is a gulf. If it wasn't for Gilks that could have been easily another 5-1 gubbing.

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Right I'm going to just go on your first sentence. 

Who gives a shit about 2 years ago? 

How far back do we get to go for comparison? 

I compare the team year on year last season we started well and things looked good, then Warburton got sussed by the rest. From just after December things got very tough and top of table away matches became a routine lose for us. 

This season has just been a continuation of the end of last, we have been sussed and Warburton won't or can't change, we saw a minor change on Sunday and all did was turn a lose into a slim lose instead of a humping. 

As for the current board they have lied to us plain and simple, the promised investment, it hasn't appeared. Now before the usual suspects start shouting he never said he would spend it on the team only or we need to run the club within its means. That's all well and good but the team needs 10/15 mill pure investment up front, to challenge just a poor celtic, never mind Europe. 

If you think there was just slim margin between the 2 teams yesterday then there's not much point debating about anything. That game was just about as one sided as the the semi under McDowell. If Gilks hadn't had a great game and their finishing hadn't been shit they would've hammered us. 

No it wasn't; had Holt made more of that chance then who knows. Had we lasted another 3 minutes and gone to into extra-time it could have been a chance. The current Board need to make it clear where we stand as regards the manager; which is different from saying we haven't made any progress- what is the situation of this club financially; I think it's right that Warburton is backed further than he has been; the state of the defence, and now the midfield needs addressed, and there should be clarity from the Board about this, I would say.  I would agree with you as regards the implication of those promises over a year and half ago, and you are right, the team needs investment.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I agree with most of the points you are trying to make bar this one. There is a gulf. If it wasn't for Gilks that could have been easily another 5-1 gubbing.

I think the gulf became more apparent after Windass went off; I think we laboured in midfield after that, because we are back to square one with the midfield now. I take you point though.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think the gulf became more apparent after Windass went off; I think we laboured in midfield after that, because we are back to square one with the midfield now. I take you point though.

Agreed. I actually didn't think he would pull Windass - not because he was playing well, because he wasn't - but because he had nobody to really replace him. Same goes for Halliday and Holt. We didn't have a good mixture of subs.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Agreed. I actually didn't think he would pull Windass - not because he was playing well, because he wasn't - but because he had nobody to really replace him. Same goes for Halliday and Holt. We didn't have a good mixture of subs.

I agree completely about Windass, just him being there was better than any alternative we had. They dominated after he went off.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree completely about Windass, just him being there was better than any alternative we had. They dominated after he went off.

I felt a bit for Tav - he has done well this season at right back and here he is asked to go into the right of midfield to start and then make up part of a midfield central 3 for the last 20 mins of an old firm game. Its asking a lot.

When did this meme begin?

If you criticize the team/get pissed off with the decisions the manager/board makes that means you're no longer a Rangers fan.....wit?

People are entitled to walk about with their heads up their arses thinking blind loyalty will solve everything,just don't start this bullshit BP9 patter of deeming the rest of us as "haters" :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

No it wasn't; had Holt made more of that chance then who knows. Had we lasted another 3 minutes and gone to into extra-time it could have been a chance. The current Board need to make it clear where we stand as regards the manager; which is different from saying we haven't made any progress- what is the situation of this club financially; I think it's right that Warburton is backed further than he has been; the state of the defence, and now the midfield needs addressed, and there should be clarity from the Board about this, I would say.  I would agree with you as regards the implication of those promises over a year and half ago, and you are right, the team needs investment.

If If If If, if they had finished better they would've been out of sight. We looked knackered in the last 10 mins they looked like they could've played all day. 

A lot is said about the defence but really this year our problem is at the other end. Our shots at goal to shots on target ratio is terrible and our shots on target to goals scored isn't any better. 

You wont here from the board until renewal time and they want our money again. 

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I felt a bit for Tav - he has done well this season at right back and here he is asked to go into the right of midfield to start and then make up part of a midfield central 3 for the last 20 mins of an old firm game. Its asking a lot.

I hope Windass is back for the long haul, he is a creative player. Tavernier is interesting one- I've had this long running debate with my youngest son who says he should be a winger, played further up the park, with Hodson behind him; yesterday he felt vindicated early on when he saw how good Hodson was. It was good game in some ways, just a pity we didn't win it.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If If If If, if they had finished better they would've been out of sight. We looked knackered in the last 10 mins they looked like they could've played all day. 

A lot is said about the defence but really this year our problem is at the other end. Our shots at goal to shots on target ratio is terrible and our shots on target to goals scored isn't any better. 

You wont here from the board until renewal time and they want our money again. 

The funny thing about debating with you is that I agree with many of things you say overall. Maybe we see how to go about solving the club's issues differently.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I hope Windass is back for the long haul, he is a creative player. Tavernier is interesting one; I've had this long running debate with my youngest son who says he should be a winger, played further up the park, with Hodson behind him; yesterday he felt vindicated early on when he saw how good Hodson was. It was good game in some ways, just a pity we didn't win it.

I thought the tav/ Hodgson combo worked well against arguably their best players in Tierney and Sinclair. I wonder if he will stick with it? it means really going 4-4-2, Which MW says he hates....

Just now, cushynumber said:

I thought the tav/ Hodgson combo worked well against arguably their best players in Tierney and Sinclair. I wonder if he will stick with it? it means really going 4-4-2, Which MW says he hates....

And also Hodson looks a very good player; would be very hard to keep him out.(tu)

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

The funny thing about debating with you is that I agree with many of things you say overall. Maybe we see how to go about solving the club's issues differently.

Probably mate, I'm probably being over critical of the team, but we do deserve better from everyone inside Ibrox. 

Apart from Holts chance, we never looked like scoring. We seemed more interested in not getting humped again. 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The Hodson/Tav combo worked very well and against the lesser teams in the league Tav really will run riot. 

He needs to find an answer for the other side of the pitch and give McKay a rest. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Probably mate, I'm probably being over critical of the team, but we do deserve better from everyone inside Ibrox. 

Apart from Holts chance, we never looked like scoring. We seemed more interested in not getting humped again. 

I think we have to make big decisions about the front three. Dodoo and Garner have to be played, and McKay and Waghorn need to play their way into form. McKay needs to be more direct and more creative; I see potential for Dodoo to be a good player; and Garner looks the type of player that needs to play often.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The Hodson/Tav combo worked very well and against the lesser teams in the league Tav really will run riot. 

He needs to find an answer for the other side of the pitch and give McKay a rest. 

Wallace look  a bit of a liability at this level as well....