Windass and Warburton Press Conferences

Guest Lloyd72

9 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I know we've only just got it back up but it needs drastic improvement imo, you only need to look at some of the cunts they have got for fuck all then sold on for millions, I have faith in Mcparland to get it sorted but it needs to be done quickly.

I understand that you won't always get a gem but for me I'd rather we didn't spend a shit tonne of money on a striker who didn't get into double figures the year before because that screams flop to me. Although I am optimistic that garner will improve.

Garner aside, I don't think we have did too badly with our cash signings. Especially since most have been plucked from the bargain bin.

The trouble is, when you spend £200k on a player...... quite often you get a guy that is........ a £200k player. 

Whilst they will do a job - we need a squad laced with £2m players to compete with Celtic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

MW: the worst thing Rangers could do would be to spend recklessly to close that gap. It's important we recognise that gap.

Serious question here: Can we spend non-recklessly and expect to close the gap? in other words; can we expect to close the gap on a fraction of their budget?

Over spending and failing to win the league could be disastrous for us given we have no other revenue streams bar season tickets. Imagine out laying 15 million quid on 4-5 players and losing the league?  Our only hope is our version of Desmond buys in allocated shares but in 4 years I've yet to see anything like that from a wealthy Rangers fan.

in our position we simply cannot speculate to accumulate- we have to spend what we bring in and spend wisely which means no more Joe garners or ohallorans being bought.  

Also constantly scouting the English lower leagues is going to fail us, sure to fuck we can get better quality for less in the Eastern European market?  I'm not saying flood it with foreigners but 1-2 with abit of attacking savvy would be a massive improvement on what we have and more than likely would cost the same as Garner and MOH combined

I heard he said in an interview that he did not regret signing Barton, well me and other ST holders are regretting it as we are paying for Warburton's recklessness, personally I wish he would just fuck off, Stevie Wonder could see the gap even from last year its been glaringly obvious where the so called gap is, everywhere on the pitch.

Windass is talking out of his arse, if they had taken half their chances it would have been about 4-0.

I'am finished listening to dicks reeling out excuses for being underachievers and wallowing in it at the fans expense.

4 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Over spending and failing to win the league could be disastrous for us given we have no other revenue streams bar season tickets. Imagine out laying 15 million quid on 4-5 players and losing the league?  Our only hope is our version of Desmond buys in allocated shares but in 4 years I've yet to see anything like that from a wealthy Rangers fan.

in our position we simply cannot speculate to accumulate- we have to spend what we bring in and spend wisely which means no more Joe garners or ohallorans being bought.  

Also constantly scouting the English lower leagues is going to fail us, sure to fuck we can get better quality for less in the Eastern European market?  I'm not saying flood it with foreigners but 1-2 with abit of attacking savvy would be a massive improvement on what we have and more than likely would cost the same as Garner and MOH combined

You have to spend to have any hope of winning the league and you are right about better players and better value abroad, but Warburton doesn't agree with that fact he said so in a interview, as a matter of fact he believes in everything that has got us in the position we are in, going nowhere and the big signings he has made are simply not good enough, even for this league!!. This is a carbon copy of them last year with a dud of a manager(Delia) also with no money, only they did the right thing in getting rid of him and giving money to a better manager.

Its sickening to see our manager basically bow down and praise the tarriers and play down any chance we have of catching them this season or next the way hes talking, the more he talks it really seems like he doesnt get what being the Rangers manager means , theres doesnt seem to be any anger , defiance or any sort of emotion there

MW saying he is a cheque book manager. Fuck the gap between us and the tims we struggle against everyone so he is talking pish. Who wouldn't love to have the revenue of 50k seats filled per week?

Windass talking about budgets now, didn't stop him being pish yesterday.

33 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

You have to spend to have any hope of winning the league and you are right about better players and better value abroad, but Warburton doesn't agree with that fact he said so in a interview, as a matter of fact he believes in everything that has got us in the position we are in, going nowhere and the big signings he has made are simply not good enough, even for this league!!. This is a carbon copy of them last year with a dud of a manager(Delia) also with no money, only they did the right thing in getting rid of him and giving money to a better manager.

Right now Id be quite happy to let him have the season but he must get a Europa place or he can go in June.  I'm hoping that a full season can educate him on what's needed for Rangers to be more than competitive 

11 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Right now Id be quite happy to let him have the season but he must get a Europa place or he can go in June.  I'm hoping that a full season can educate him on what's needed for Rangers to be more than competitive 

He's had a full season.

Is he a bit slow, or something?

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

do you not think that perhaps he knows this only too well - but simply hasn't been given the resources to tackle the issue?

DK in august: "Last year the challenge was to win the Championship and this year the challenge is to compete for the Premier League and then next year hopefully when we are in Europe, we'll increase the investment again to try and compete in Europe."

Those are not the words of a man that expects  to lavish cash on his manager.

41 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The  year is 2018, Mark Warburton tells the press that Jordan Rossiter and Matt Crooks are nearly there..

They will have trained well by then, Kenny Miller will still be our best striker if these interviews are anything to go by.

45 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

do you not think that perhaps he knows this only too well - but simply hasn't been given the resources to tackle the issue?

DK in august: "Last year the challenge was to win the Championship and this year the challenge is to compete for the Premier League and then next year hopefully when we are in Europe, we'll increase the investment again to try and compete in Europe."

Those are not the words of a man that expects  to lavish cash on his manager.

True but I'd expect abit of openness on the subject of transfers rather than saying he feels he's been back enough.  For instance under eck he'd say what we couldn't afford and even smith was honest saying he wouldn't blow half a transfer kitty on brown.  

Warburton wasn't brought to us to win the league- he was brought to work on a show string 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The  year is 2018, Mark Warburton tells the press that Jordan Rossiter and Matt Crooks are nearly there..

But even if they're fit, will they be able to dislodge recent signing and fans' favourite John Eustace from the defensive mid position?

15 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think the pathetic Scottish media is the thing that Warburton dislikes the most about the job.

He would like them if he was winning no manager at Rangers or the Scum is going to get praise by the media when they have failed in three big games this year.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

MW: the worst thing Rangers could do would be to spend recklessly to close that gap. It's important we recognise that gap.

Serious question here: Can we spend non-recklessly and expect to close the gap? in other words; can we expect to close the gap on a fraction of their budget?

My opinion is no, but the chances of us spending recklessly at the moment is zero. My worry is what we have spent seems to be on players that are always injured or not good enough to start games.

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My opinion is no, but the chances of us spending recklessly at the moment is zero. My worry is what we have spent seems to be on players that are always injured or not good enough to start games.

Celtic were never going to stand still and wait on us catching up so we really needed some of these players to help take us to the next level.. Even at their un injured best will the signings MW has made do that? I dont see it to be honest.

Garner looks an absolute joke of a player and the Barton and Krancjar experiment has failed. Our hopes lie with Dodoo, Rossiter and 2 lads from Accrington Stanely.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Celtic were never going to stand still and wait on us catching up so we really needed some of these players to help take us to the next level.. Even at their un injured best will the signings MW has made do that? I dont see it to be honest.

Garner looks an absolute joke of a player and the Barton and Krancjar experiment has failed. Our hopes lie with Dodoo, Rossiter and 2 lads from Accrington Stanely.

It is concerning. Especially with Crooks and Rossiter nearly always injured and the stories now about Rossiter being home sick.